I recall reading somewhere that they do a thousand more each time - or something like that. You have to say that in a world where cds are on the way out - it is amazing they are even releasing physical product.

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read the other reason cds are still made is due to the people who are into modern country music. Apparently they make up a good deal of the cd buying public.

Count me among the over 50 crowd who wants to have physical media, either cd or vinyl. Heck, I bought a new CD player and turntable last year. Those Rhino GD HDCD releases sound freakin fantastic on a CD player that has a HDCD decoder.

Yes they do --- I am in my early 40's - but still prefer cds  -- though I have been purchasing some HD downloads--- actually I bought the ABB Brothers and Sisters box set download version - it does sound good and it was much cheaper.  I have never purchased a GD download, though.

Not for nothing, I just noticed a caddy during the Masters rocking a Steal Your Face t-shirt under his caddy onsie.

Carry on.

Certainly does not seem like a sustainable business model for the future, but who knows? Based on comments on dead.net, it appears that there are plenty of folks over 50 who desire the physical CD.

I daresay there are a number of us under 50 who prefer the physical product as well.

I daresay there are a number of us under 50 who prefer the physical product as well.

That is true. I'm under 50 (barely), and I prefer to have the CD for certain purchases. Although, for an old Dead show, I can live with mp3s.

I was referring specifically to the many comments I have seen on the dead.net site from folks who mention that they saw the band in the late 60s and early 70s, and they invariably want a disc, the liner notes, etc.

Yesterday I watched a shitty, bootleg video of GD in Rockpalast 1981. I would not think likely that Jerry would 'cite' Dury’s “sex and drugs and rock’roll” in Shakedown St. But that’s what I heard. Funny.

I've got it (and mb almost certainly has it). It's fantastic, Some of the sound on some of the tunes seems echo-y/distant, though.of course. I didn't pay $100 for it, though....

3rd it --- the 73 set is a good one.

you will also get the below at least for the $100 - they also may be still shipping the Cincinnati Gardens, 12/4/73 bonus disc, which is pretty good, too.

$T2eC16NHJHEE9ny2qToRBRNrUBmCHw~~60_35.J

I've got it (and mb almost certainly has it). It's fantastic, Some of the sound on some of the tunes seems echo-y/distant, though.of course. I didn't pay $100 for it, though....

Winterland soundboard recordings often have a lot of echo in them, I've found.  I hear it in the june 1977 and the october 1974 recordings I have. Must be something about that room, I've always thought.  I haven't listened to the Nov. 1973 sbds in a long time.

Listening right now to 9-28-72 Stanley Theater, wow, they are smoking!  https://archive.org/details/gd1972-09-28.sbd.miller.94268.sbeok.flac16

Winterland soundboard recordings often have a lot of echo in them, I've found.  I hear it in the june 1977 and the october 1974 recordings I have. Must be something about that room, I've always thought.  I haven't listened to the Nov. 1973 sbds in a long time.

Listening right now to 9-28-72 Stanley Theater, wow, they are smoking!  https://archive.org/details/gd1972-09-28.sbd.miller.94268.sbeok.flac16

Isn't that a Dick's Pick?  If so, I just listened to that over the weekend, first time in a while.  It was smoking, whatever it was!

Isn't that a Dick's Pick?  If so, I just listened to that over the weekend, first time in a while.  It was smoking, whatever it was!

That is a great show. I think I am more of a '72 guy than a '73 guy, though of course, they were still great then. If I had the cash, I would have totally bought that Europe '72 box....