That song was on the Live at Fillmore East 2-11-69 cd I gave away years ago. I also gave away Grayfolded - which is going to be re-issued.

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baba O'Reilly made some sense as they were playing stadiums more in those days, probably played well to the big crowds. Fun to see live, but doesn't come off so great on the recordings. A bit too classic rocky as well. Tomorrow Never Knows suits them better, but would've made more sense coming out of Space, Dark Star, Other One, etc. 

http://jerrygarcia.com/jerrys-story/

I can't remember if this has been mentioned or not, but jerrygarcia.com got a major overhaul and the results, to me, are stellar.  Some really great photos ( I love the photos of Jerry wearing what appears to be a black sequined Nudie-style jacket with skeletons.  Looks to be around 1972 or so http://jerrygarcia.com/guitars/#alligator), tons of good basic info, not too busy graphically, easy to navigate, just really really nice.

You know mountain bed isn't even his real name? He's just some  skinny public high school kid from Indiana.

:thumbup  Hey, you know our slogan: "There's more than meth (errr.. ummm I mean 'corn') in Indiana!"

Listening to 6/9/91 - Buckeye Lake Music Center. I had this show on tape shortly after the show and loaned it to to someone a few years later and never gotten it back -- finally downloaded it and it is definitely as good a show as I remembered. Nice He's Gone and Ruben. Solid throughout.  Never been to Buckeye - looks like a cool venue from pictures.

Also happy with the latest Dave's Pick -- parts of 12/12/69 was in the first batch of tapes that I ever got.  It wasn't the best sounding/transfer so it is nice to have a great, clean copy.

A friend just bought a ticket for me to see Weir w/ Ratdog and Chris Robinson Brotherhood when they play down in St. Louis at the end of August --- they are playing at the The Fabulous Fox Theater - always wanted to catch a show there  - in the shows that I heard, the Grateful Dead played some great shows there in the early 70s.

Plus it will be nice to finally see CRB.

A friend just bought a ticket for me to see Weir w/ Ratdog and Chris Robinson Brotherhood when they play down in St. Louis at the end of August --- they are playing at the The Fabulous Fox Theater - always wanted to catch a show there  - in the shows that I heard, the Grateful Dead played some great shows there in the early 70s.

The Fox Theater is truly Fabulous!  I was in St. Louis from '75-79, not early enough to catch the Dead shows there, but I saw a number of shows before they closed it down before I graduated: Springsteen and Little Feat come to mind right away. A sister theater of the Atlanta Fox.  So glad to hear it's up and running with music, they must have spent a lot of $$ to restore it I assume.

Another good installment of Stormy Mondays on Jambase.  Looks like they're going to do a multi-series retrospective of GD 1974, here's the first installment to download.  Love these Stormy Monday compilations.  Fall '73, Mile High in '73,

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/121706/Stormy-Mondays-Grateful-Dead-1974-Retrospective-Part-1

Was supposed to see CRB this weekend, had Will Call tix and all, but wasn't able to make it.

The Fox Theater is truly Fabulous! I was in St. Louis from '75-79, not early enough to catch the Dead shows there, but I saw a number of shows before they closed it down before I graduated: Springsteen and Little Feat come to mind right away. A sister theater of the Atlanta Fox. So glad to hear it's up and running with music, they must have spent a lot of $$ to restore it I assume.

A buddy was right in front of the Fox when they announced that tickets for the Stones were going on sale in 15 minutes. He parked right in front and was first or second In line, got front row.

Listening to the below this morning --- great audience recording (Grateful Dead Live at Edmundson Pavilion - University of Washington on 1974-05-21).

Billy sounds great in this mix -- really can hear his cymbal work. I am not sure if I have this at home (I am listening to the show via crappy work computer speakers) - probably sounds even better blasting on through a stereo system.

https://archive.org/details/gd1974-05-21.sonyecm18n.lee.miller.98822.sbeok.flac16

"Fake Jerry"? Cripes.

John K. is a very good guitar player, the 3 Johns lineup is my favorite Phil's Friends since the Q so add Nels to this and I'm pumped!