Bands with critical acclaim/respect that don't deserve it.

Creedence Clearwater Revival > Bayou Country > Green River > Willy and the Poor Boys > Cosmo's Factory. All within 2 years.

Still amazes me the number of great tunes they put out for being together less than 5 years....

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who's next then?  Talking Heads? Elvis Costello? Eddie Money?

Yes, yes and well.....yes.

Toss 'em all in the ash heap....rubbish....plain ol' rubbish.

When you think about it, The Clash are The Clash of Punk/Rock.

When you look at it that way, an arguement could be made that Florence and Alice of TV household maid fame were on the same playing field when we all know that couldnt possibly be true.

When you look at it that way, an arguement could be made that Florence and Alice of TV household maid fame were on the same playing field when we all know that couldnt possibly be true.

Except that The Clash "mop the floor" with many other Punk/Rock bands of their era. Plus, I don't remember who the fuck Florence and/or Alice are/were.

Nell all the way, dude.

Nell? Nell?!

Thats just plain crazy talk right there.

Except that The Clash "mop the floor" with many other Punk/Rock bands of their era. Plus, I don't remember who the f*ck Florence and/or Alice are/were.

Were you even alive in the 1970s?

What's to get? He's a virtuoso.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYlWNb9tmtk

Virtuoso men's nothing when you make music that is not interesting...to me at least. The world is full of great guitarists but if they don't capture my attention then they are overrated IMHO. I would rather spend all day listening to Paul Westerbergs sloppy playing than have to sit through a single Jeff Beck song because westy sounds interesting Beck does not .

Add Beck and Bjork to the lust for me