• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today (well, yesterday now) my favorite sports team won the World Series. They've given me 40 summers of joy with a good number of heartaches also. But they're my team, they were my first love (along

Hadn't heard this in a while. Honk.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_KlckKFFc0    

Heck yeah the better team won! Braves fan since 1975. And that means I have suffered through many awful seasons. 2021 began as a mediocre season and ended with a championship. Hell of a ride. GO BRAVE

Posted Images

:birthday My son turns two!

My girls turn 5 today!

Happy birthdays to the kiddos!  :party

And get well soon to Lammy's & uncool's kids. Having a sick child is worse than being sick yourself. Hope they feel better soon.

Hi birthday friend! Enjoy your celebration! Beautiful day to celebrate here 65 degrees and sunny!

Hi! Enjoy yours too!

Happy birthdays to the kiddos! :party

And get well soon to Lammy's & uncool's kids. Having a sick child is worse than being sick yourself. Hope they feel better soon.

Thanks!

And I second your "get well soon".

Speaking of B-days, we had hot dog talk awhile ago and I wrote that we were having hot dog party for one my kid's b-day party - below was the menu - all were tried by at least one of the attendees with the exception of the Atlanta dog. (as far as I know, no one was sick the next day).  We threw the bunch in a couple of Crock Pots on low , without any liquid - they turned out okay.  My mom hates hot dogs, hence the polish was thrown in the mix. Anyway Happy B-day to all the kids, today.

CHICAGO DOG

Mustard, relish, onion, sport peppers, tomato, pickle and celery salt

DALLAS DOG

Chili, onion and shredded cheddar cheese

ATLANTA DOG

Coleslaw, chili, mustard, ketchup and onion

NEW YORK DOG

Sauerkraut and brown mustard

MAXWELL STREET POLISH

Grilled onions, mustard and sport peppers

SAN FRANCISCO DOG

Chili, mustard, ketchup, relish, onion, pickle, tomato, shredded cheddar cheese and celery salt

BOSTON DOG

Baked beans

NORTH CAROLINA DOG

Chili, coleslaw and onion

Thanks.  I've heard lots of people say that, and while it's heart-wrenching to see your child sick, having had a similar virus a few weeks ago, I would say it was worse for me when I was sick.  I'd take a bullet for my kids, but not the stomach flu.

Speaking of B-days, we had hot dog talk awhile ago and I wrote that we were having hot dog party for one my kid's b-day party - below was the menu - all were tried by at least one of the attendees with the exception of the Atlanta dog. (as far as I know, no one was sick the next day).  We threw the bunch in a couple of Crock Pots on low , without any liquid - they turned out okay.  My mom hates hot dogs, hence the polish was thrown in the mix. Anyway Happy B-day to all the kids, today.

What a great idea for a kids' party! I'll bet the kids loved it. (But I'll have a polish too.)

Thanks.  I've heard lots of people say that, and while it's heart-wrenching to see your child sick, having had a similar virus a few weeks ago, I would say it was worse for me when I was sick.  I'd take a bullet for my kids, but not the stomach flu.

Kids generally bounce back a lot quicker than adults do.

Today is my second day of two weeks' holiday and it's raining so I read the first couple of hundred pages or so of Harpo Speaks and I am enjoying it immensely.

Today I heard a story on NPR about some books that gave me nostalgia feels

191020.jpg

I used to love those books. This was my favourite one:

cyoa017.jpg

Today I finally got to transferring some photos from my camera that I took during a weekend hiking trip to Yosemite last week. Here is my favorite: almost to the top of Nevada Falls.

HVi9E4zl.jpg

That's a gorgeous shot!

Got a job offer today #aboutfuckingtime

Congratulations! it's a tough employment market out there. I hope the job will prove to be a great one!