• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I am really hoping we hear something soon. Even if it sucks as a film--which I hope it doesn't--it's still something that would appeal to at least a few of us out here. Is it possible it's so bad they can't find a distributor?

I am really hoping we hear something soon. Even if it sucks as a film--which I hope it doesn't--it's still something that would appeal to at least a few of us out here. Is it possible it's so bad they can't find a distributor?

I don't know how it could be bad, but I do believe they cannot find a distributor. The new Bob Weir movie couldn't find a distributor, until Netflix recently agreed to pick it up and start airing it later this month. I would be very happy to see the Wilco movie on Netflix.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got some clarification from a response to my post on the Wilco FB page.  Turns out the film hasn't had its world premier yet.  It's showing at the Big Sky documentary film festival.  I thought that already happened, which is why I thought we should be seeing the film now, but that's not until February 2016.  So of course the movie's not being shown until after it has its world premier.  Now it makes sense.  Here's the guy's post:

"I know a lot of people are wondering what happened to this, but it hasn't even had its world premier yet, so essentially NOTHING has happened to it yet. The world premier is at the Big Sky Documentary Film Festival in Montana in February of 2016:

http://www.bigskyfilmfest.org/.../every_other_summer.../c/61

Somebody got this wrong. It DID play at the Big Sky Fest for sure. I know a guy whose film was also premiering at that festival and he and his wife actually saw the Wilco movie.

Got some clarification from a response to my post on the Wilco FB page.  Turns out the film hasn't had its world premier yet.  It's showing at the Big Sky documentary film festival.  I thought that already happened, which is why I thought we should be seeing the film now, but that's not until February 2016.  So of course the movie's not being shown until after it has its world premier.  Now it makes sense.  Here's the guy's post:

"I know a lot of people are wondering what happened to this, but it hasn't even had its world premier yet, so essentially NOTHING has happened to it yet. The world premier is at the Big Sky Documentary Film Festival in Montana in February of 2016:

http://www.bigskyfilmfest.org/.../every_other_summer.../c/61

Take a closer look at that link. It states that the film was part of the 2015 movies. The 2016 date above is next years event, obviiosly they would not have a list of films almost a whole year in advance. This premiered in Feb 2015. The no distrbutor thing makes the most sense. That's why these film festivals exist in the first place. It's not about awards, it about findiing distubution for a lot of indie films.

Take a closer look at that link. It states that the film was part of the 2015 movies. The 2016 date above is next years event, obviiosly they would not have a list of films almost a whole year in advance. This premiered in Feb 2015. The no distrbutor thing makes the most sense. That's why these film festivals exist in the first place. It's not about awards, it about findiing distubution for a lot of indie films.

You would think that Wilco would show some interest and distrbute this DVD themselves under their own label, but they may not have the ability too.

You would think that Wilco would show some interest and distrbute this DVD themselves under their own label, but they may not have the ability too.

So I was totally faked out by that guy's post. Now I don't know what to think. How come Wilco just doesn't put it out on DVD themselves?

So I was totally faked out by that guy's post. Now I don't know what to think. How come Wilco just doesn't put it out on DVD themselves?

I am sure Weir has a lot more money than Wilco does and his doc was in limbo for awhile ---- guessing it's expensive distributing a dvd and probably there is not much of a payday in the end.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, its time!  Not sure what they mean about a digital pre-order? Isn't Vimeo a streaming site?

I was wondering the same thing. I went to the Vimeo site and it looks like it's $12.99 to stream and download. I'm not sure if you can stream without purchasing and skip the download portion. I'm going to buy it either way.

I was wondering the same thing. I went to the Vimeo site and it looks like it's $12.99 to stream and download. I'm not sure if you can stream without purchasing and skip the download portion. I'm going to buy it either way.

I access Vimeo via my Apple TV box, not sure how I download, but I'll stream it if i have to

I'm hoping that it'll be available as a download as well. I'll find the time to watch the stream if that'll be the only option. I'm going to buy it either way, too. It will be nice to check it out a few times even if it's only up until June 25th. Fingers crossed it'll be available at the merch booth.

I access Vimeo via my Apple TV box, not sure how I download, but I'll stream it if i have to

I have an Apple TV and it has Vimeo too, is this something I have to subscribe to just so I can pay for a video?

I have an Apple TV and it has Vimeo too, is this something I have to subscribe to just so I can pay for a video?

Vimeo is like an artsy version of YouTube. Most content is free. I guess you'd just have to make an account so you can buy it.