hey Virginia beer lovers... check it!

LrnzTGV.jpg

Trillium is great! 

I also know the guys from Highroller Lobster Co. used to live below them in my last apartment here in Portland, ME. Awesome!

Speaking of Portland there's a great brewery called Bissell Brothers that is absolutely killing it. Great unfiltered hop bombs. My favorite beers hands down. 

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chicago-area people should be on the lookout for Pseudo Sue and other offerings from Decorah, Iowa's Toppling Goliath.

4J9A6164.jpg

It's pretty cool that they are partnering up with the Field Museum -- looks like it will be the only place to drink it until 2018. A great museum for anyone visiting Chicago.

https://www.timeout.com/chicago/blog/the-field-museum-will-begin-selling-sue-inspired-craft-beer-121216

Trillium is great! 

I also know the guys from Highroller Lobster Co. used to live below them in my last apartment here in Portland, ME. Awesome!

Speaking of Portland there's a great brewery called Bissell Brothers that is absolutely killing it. Great unfiltered hop bombs. My favorite beers hands down. 

If I could spend my time at any Portland, ME brewery it would be Oxbow. Love their beers and taproom! I'm pretty sure John has posted an Instagram photo from their brewery up in Newcastle, which is cool.

If I could spend my time at any Portland, ME brewery it would be Oxbow. Love their beers and taproom! I'm pretty sure John has posted an Instagram photo from their brewery up in Newcastle, which is cool.

Ever been to Harpoon Brewery in Windsor, VT? Familiar grounds for me. Fun place.

Ever been to Harpoon Brewery in Windsor, VT? Familiar grounds for me. Fun place.

I haven't yet! Been to quite a few breweries in VT and have spent some time in their beer hall in Boston, however. I'll have to make it a point to stop in next time I'm nearby. I always forget that they have that location. 

Trillium is great! 

Love Bissell and Oxbow. The craft beer revolution in Maine is killing my wallet and my liver.

• 2 weeks later...

Two Brothers' Northwind Imperial Stout is a decent one. Not of huge fan of their beers, but their stout is solid.

Of course there is always Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout - a few weeks ago I enjoyed an Old Rasputin on a nitro line - very smooth and tasty.

Thanks, yeah, the nitro line is what got me hooked. Honestly, it was the best dang beer I've had in years. Simply delicious, so very smooth and creamy. From some brewery in Joliet I think.

Had a couple from Left Handed last nite, nitro milk stout.

Thanks UC2P. Chicago and IL doesn't get Bell's products because they haven't paid off the right people yet.

Bells is all over Chicago. They dropped out of the market for few years last decade, but they've been back for a while.

Its now apparent to all that I don't get out much anymore. Bells was shut out of the Chicago market for quite some time but now that's over 

I think the regular price is 16.99, but it always seems to be on sale.

The Meijers just opened in my village (I am down south in Flossmoor) about 4 months ago -- they are probably just trying to get everyone hooked and then our local place will jack the price - damn capitalism....