• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The day after the Bartman incident, I had a Cubs fan buddy of mine call me asking that I search the database I had access to for Bartman's personal information so he could go rough him up. I declined. True story.

The day after the Bartman incident, I had a Cubs fan buddy of mine call me asking that I search the database I had access to for Bartman's personal information so he could go rough him up. I declined. True story.

Oh yeah directly after the incident there were a lot of hot heads.  But 12 years later I don't think anyone blames him.  

Interesting that out of the four games that have been played so far, no home team has won.  

Is Houston the team to beat in the AL right now?  They looked pretty good.  

Not only that, but the home team has yet to even have a lead in a game.

I'm jumping onto the Texas bandwagon!

Toronto doesn't deserve to win from the 1st 2 games. Price is like the AL Clayton Kershaw in the playoffs.

Texas looks great. Astros look great. It sucks that they lost the lead & I can't believe that I'm rooting for both teams. I guess I like that the "favorites" have looked pretty bad so far. I originally wanted a blue ALCS.

It feels like forever for an NL game. Lester vs Lackey.

I became ill when people were making their picks, so I don't want to cheat. I am picking the Mets & Cubs.

Hey Cub fans,

Don't forget that there a small, insular, but vocal minority of Chicagoans who cheer for two teams; (1) the White Sox and (2) whomever is playing the Cubs.  Not everyone in Chicago is "flying the W."

Go Cardinals!   :P

http://kitchenette.jezebel.com/douchebag-chicago-bar-offering-free-beer-when-the-cardi-1735803208

Oh man, this Blue Jays / Rangers game has been insane. Still 2 innings to go too.

Oh man, this Blue Jays / Rangers game has been insane. Still 2 innings to go too.

Yeah! A new rivalry has been struck. I agree with the call. The ball was in play and the runner took advantage of that. The fans thought that they were at a hockey game and started throwing beer cans and hitting people with them. The police came out!

Bench cleared twice in the bottom half of the inning. Once from Dyson objecting to Encarnacion's hand gestures to the crowd telling them to calm down. Dyson thought that Juan was asking the crowd to bow to him. Then after the 3rd out, Dyson walked up to Tulo & talked shit to him. Not to mention, 3 Texas errors led to 3 Blue Jays on base. Crazy! And Joey Bats admired that 3 run shot a little bit too much. 53 minute inning.

I'd love to see Texas come back. I've been rooting for them and they really should have finished this in Arlington.

Bautista's bat flip was great. Loved it.

Yeah, it was the perfect, defiant moment after the rough and crazy first half of the inning. Being a Toronto native, I kinda lost it after that homerun. I don't think I've been that excited about a baseball moment since the Joe Carter walk-off homerun back in the 1993 World Series final.

Considering their history with the Royals this season, I expect this upcoming series might get intense.

p.s. I see the Cubs' Anthony Rizzo was practicing bat flips today. I'm thinking we ain't seen the last one of the playoffs.

"New York Wants It More!!!"
Tonight New York did want it more. They are the perpetual giant killers- underdogs against the Nationals...underdogs against the Dodgers...now underdogs against the Cubs...and soon to be underdogs against whoever they beat in the World Series. They are the underdogs who just always want it that much more & sometimes that's all it comes down to.

The Mets & Cubs are truly the two teams with the most compelling seasons/stories in baseball for 2015. And I think they are both hungry & high on riding that feeling of mojo, momentum & sheer October magic. One of the Mets after the game had a shirt on that said "New York wants it more.". I hope that ends up the truth, as it's a very pure way to win great close, dramatic baseball- my fave kind. While I recognize that could go either way with both of these great teams/seasons

Nice soundtrack to contemplate that issue of moring to...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueHYzzAsKig
...and...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n36fehFSiA
...and...
http://nationalchampionshipshirts.com/new-york-wants-it-more-shirts/

I may have actually watched the Cubs game tonight if it was on WGN like most of the rest of the televised Cubs games over the last 40 or so years.

I may have actually watched the Cubs game tonight if it was on WGN like most of the rest of the televised Cubs games over the last 40 or so years.

WGN has never had postseason games.  Nor do any "local" stations.  Which is a problem.  Baseball announcing is at its best when it is local guys that know the teams.  Whatever Mutt and Jeff combo they have calling the Cubs games on TBS right now is nothing short of atrocious.  Which is why I turn down the TV volume and turn up Pat and Ron on the radio.  It is even better in the post season because Len Casper (the TV play-by-play) is calling the 5th, which is a million times better than when Ron Commer does the 5th.  Ron Commer does the worst play-by-play.    

Cubs fans I'm sure are aware of the Back to the Future prediction and all  (the prediction was )ct. 21, 2015....perhaps  the day it turns around) but keep in mind that the only time a down-3 comeback was made was in '04  against another NY team....

Cubs fans I'm sure are aware of the Back to the Future prediction and all  (the prediction was )ct. 21, 2015....perhaps  the day it turns around) but keep in mind that the only time a down-3 comeback was made was in '04  against another NY team....

With Theo Epstein at the helm.