how we feeling about all the games starting at the same time today?

I like this idea. There are so many crucial games today. Going to be closely watching the Rangers, Angels, and Astros.

As a Toronto guy, I'll be closely watching the Blue Jays and Royals games. I know neither game is make or break, but hoping for a Jays win/Royals loss so the Jays get home field advantage in the playoffs.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phillies Win! Phillies Win! (the first pick in next years draft)

Hit it Harry:

Next time your found, with your chin on the ground
There a lot to be learned, so look around
Just what makes that little old ant
Think he'll move that rubber tree plant
Anyone knows an ant, can't
Move a rubber tree plant
But he's got high hopes, he's got high hopes
He's got high apple pie, in the sky hopes

So after 162 games it is all over.  The 2015 regular season is in the books.  Time to give out your awards:

AL

Rookie of the Year: Carlos Correa (Astros)

Cy Young: Dallas Keuchel (Astros)

MVP: Josh Donaldson (Blue Jays)

Manager of the Year: John Gibbons (Blue Jays)

NL

Rookie of the Year: Kris Bryant (Cubs)

Cy Young: Jake Arrieta (Cubs)

MVP: Jake Arrieta (Cubs)

Manager of the Year: Joe Maddon (Cubs)

So after 162 games it is all over.  The 2015 regular season is in the books.  Time to give out your awards:

AL

Rookie of the Year: Carlos Correa (Astros)

Cy Young: Dallas Keuchel (Astros)

MVP: Josh Donaldson (Blue Jays)

Manager of the Year: John Gibbons (Blue Jays)

NL

Rookie of the Year: Kris Bryant (Cubs)

Cy Young: Jake Arrieta (Cubs)

MVP: Jake Arrieta (Cubs)

Manager of the Year: Joe Maddon (Cubs)

You don't happen to be a Cubs fan by any chance?  :twitchsmile  Not that i don't agree with any of your picks. Especially Arrieta. He has been lights out lately!

You don't happen to be a Cubs fan by any chance?  :twitchsmile  Not that i don't agree with any of your picks. Especially Arrieta. He has been lights out lately!

I was thinking the same thing.

Me a Cubs fan?  But of course.  

THough in all truth all of my NL picks are legitimate.  Yes, the MVP for Arrieta is a bit of a stretch (or maybe a huge stretch).  But I would not be surprised if he gets some votes, not all the votes, but some.  

But ROY, MOY, and CY are really slam dunks for the Cubbies this year.  

I certainly looking forward to Wednesday!

But ROY, MOY, and CY are really slam dunks for the Cubbies this year.  

I'm certainly not doubting Arrieta's amazing and historic second half but I wouldn't say he's a slam dunk for the Cy Young.  If I had a vote I'd probably give it to him but I would bet a lot of people will vote for Greinke.  He had the lowest ERA and WHIP in 20 years and had the 9th best ERA is baseball history. His ERA was never over 1.97 all season.  I assume Kershaw comes in third - and I'm really curious to see if his post-season struggles continue.  

I'm certainly not doubting Arrieta's amazing and historic second half but I wouldn't say he's a slam dunk for the Cy Young.  If I had a vote I'd probably give it to him but I would bet a lot of people will vote for Greinke. 

West Coast bias  :twitchsmile

Here are my choices (and I'm NOT a Cubs fan!):

NL ROY:  Kris Bryant

NL Manger of the Year:  Mike Matheny

NL Cy Young: Zack Greinke

N: MVP; Bryce Harper

AL ROY: Francisco Lindor

AL Manager of the Year: Paul Molitor

AL Cy Young: Dallas Keuchel
AL MVP: Josh Donaldson

So playoffs start tonight

Anyone care to make a playoff predictions?

AL Wildcard: Houston over Yankees

ALDS: Blue Jays Over Rangers in 4

ALDS: Houston over KC in 5

ALCS: Blue Jays over Houston in 6

NL Wildcard: Cubs over Pirates

NLDS: Cubs over Cards in 5

NLDS: LA over Mets in 3

NLCS: LA over Cubs in 7 (and my heart breaks once again)

WS: Blue Jays over LA in 5

Here's my wild stab at it:

AL Wildcard: Astros vs. Yankees (Astros)

ALDS: Blue Jays vs. Rangers (Blue Jays in 4)

ALDS: Astros vs. Royals (Royals in 5)

ALCS: Blue Jays vs. Royals (Blue Jays in 6)

NL Wildcard: Cubs vs. Pirates (Cubs)

NLDS: Cubs vs. Cardinals (Cubs in 5)

NLDS: Dodgers vs. Mets (Dodgers in 5)

NLCS: Dodgers vs. Cubs (Cubs in 7)

WS: Blue Jays vs. Cubs (Blue Jays in 6)

Check out what happens on Twitter when you use the hashtag "#FlyTheW": they insert a tiny little "W" flag into your post that links to Cubbie news. Pretty cool. If you're not from Pittsburgh.

12141499_10153629211638431_2220824140398

Check out what happens on Twitter when you use the hashtag "#FlyTheW": they insert a tiny little "W" flag into your post that links to Cubbie news. Pretty cool. If you're not from Pittsburgh.

12141499_10153629211638431_2220824140398

That is awesome!  There is a certain momentum for the Cubbies in the media right now.  

Man that was a fun game (if you are not from Pittsburgh).  Arrieta dominant, a monster home run from Schwarber, a benches clearing argument (luckily no one was stupid, although Rodriguez looked pretty ridiculous fighting the cooler).  Funny that only one to really hit Jake was the relief pitcher Watson.  

I still don't know why Watson intentionally hit Arrieta.  It was a stupid move and from what I have heard came from the top.  I understand there are times when hitting batters is called for, but in a playoff game down by 4 runs with a hitter on deck who had been on fire.  It almost came back to bite them, if it wasn't for a good defensive play to get Fowler out.  

I would imagine the Cubs Card Series will a little chippy as well.   

I figure if the Cubs play through out and the series goes 7,  Arrieta will have 5 more starts. That alone will be a treat for me to watch this guy deal while he is in this zone. 

Love the fact that TCU pitchers are making names for themselves in the post season the past two years (Finnegan last year). Cubs fans your wait may just be over. Please just don't tear up the town if it comes to pass! Keep it classy. I'm sure the fine people of Chicago didn't burn down the city back in 1908. Last nights street celebration makes me worried a bit. :blink

I figure if the Cubs play through out and the series goes 7,  Arrieta will have 5 more starts. That alone will be a treat for me to watch this guy deal while he is in this zone. 

Love the fact that TCU pitchers are making names for themselves in the post season the past two years (Finnegan last year). Cubs fans your wait may just be over. Please just don't tear up the town if it comes to pass! Keep it classy. I'm sure the fine people of Chicago didn't burn down the city back in 1908. Last nights street celebration makes me worried a bit. :blink

The last time the city of Chicago burnt down it was because of a cow.  

I am not going to count my chickens.  I am taking one game, one series at a time.  I have been burned too many times before.   

Hey Cub fans,

Don't forget that there a small, insular, but vocal minority of Chicagoans who cheer for two teams; (1) the White Sox and (2) whomever is playing the Cubs.  Not everyone in Chicago is "flying the W."

Go Cardinals!   :P

Hey Cub fans,

Don't forget that there a small, insular, but vocal minority of Chicagoans who cheer for two teams; (1) the White Sox and (2) whomever is playing the Cubs.  Not everyone in Chicago is "flying the W."

Go Cardinals!   :P

Well aware. And it's Sox fans like you that make me cringe to root for the Sox. But I still do.

It's still a Chicago team, even if it's not my Chicago team.