• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, plus he said the below - so we are all good. (fitting that he said it at the National Prayer Breakfast, too)

“The world is in trouble, but we’re gonna straighten it out, OK? That’s what I do, I fix things,” Trump said Thursday morning at the National Prayer Breakfast. “We’re gonna straighten it out. Believe me. When you hear about the tough phone calls I’m having, don’t worry about it. Just don’t worry about it.”

He spent part of his speech at the National Prayer Breakfast trashing Arnold's ratings on The Apprentice. 

Seriously. 

No doubt. And, touting his own Apprentice ratings.

There is no time nor place that is not an opportune time for him to blow himself in front of a group of people.

In my pool on who will trump go to war with first Iran and China were the popular picks to win. Now Mexico is moving up the list in a bigly way, with Australia being a newly added dark horse.//

I'm sorry, but all I can say is I would be so fucking pissed off if we went to war with Mexico. Unthinkable. Ugh....

He spent part of his speech at the National Prayer Breakfast trashing Arnold's ratings on The Apprentice. 

Seriously. 

What is being totally missed in all of this is his vow to end the Johnson Amendemnt, which forbids tax-exempt Churches from political speech.

Also notice no one is talking about his SCOTUS nominee anymore.

Donald is a trickster  

What is being totally missed in all of this is his vow to end the Johnson Amendemnt, which forbids tax-exempt Churches from political speech.

My hope is that, if the Johnson amendment is removed, it will ultimately hurt the churches who choose to become partisan, and religion in general, more than it harms democracy.  But one this is for absolute certain either way:  It will harm democracy.

The journalist misquoted her. She obviously said "Massacree"

Massacree

The term "massacree," used by Guthrie in the title to describe the whole scenario, is a colloquialism originating in the Ozark Mountains that describes "an event so wildly and improbably and baroquely messed up that the results are almost impossible to believe." It is a corruption of the word massacre (itself of French origin, possibly from the now nearly extinct Missouri French dialect) but carries a much lighter and more sarcastic connotation, never being used to describe anything involving actual death.

My hope is that, if the Johnson amendment is removed, it will ultimately hurt the churches who choose to become partisan, and religion in general, more than it harms democracy.  But one this is for absolute certain either way:  It will harm democracy.

Like the Johnson amendment is actually enforced. Didn't a San Diego Catholic church publish something along the lines that a vote for Hillary is a mortal sin? I wonder what repercussions they faced...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/11/04/mortal-sin-to-vote-democratic-says-san-diego-catholic-church-linking-hillary-clinton-to-satan/?utm_term=.b64e61ce5bb0

Like the Johnson amendment is actually enforced. Didn't a San Diego Catholic church publish something along the lines that a vote for Hillary is a mortal sin? I wonder what repercussions they faced...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/11/04/mortal-sin-to-vote-democratic-says-san-diego-catholic-church-linking-hillary-clinton-to-satan/?utm_term=.b64e61ce5bb0

Removing the Johnson amendment will make this kind of partisan behavior more common, at which point there definitely will be a backlash and, hopefully, repercussions.  At the very least, these fuckers will need to start paying taxes like the rest of us.

Wait I know what the Bowling Green Massacre was! The Corvette Museum had a huge sinkhole and it swallowed a few of their prized vehicles..it was devastating and covered by the news :).

I remember that.,.another failure of the Obama administration.

In 1997, after facing years of criticism for her and her family’s campaign contributions, DeVos defended herself in Roll Call.

“I have decided to stop taking offense at the suggestion that we are buying influence,” she wrote. “Now I simply concede the point. They are right. We do expect something in return. We expect to foster a conservative governing philosophy consisting of limited government and respect for traditional American virtues. We expect a return on our investment.”