• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow it's getting crazy! They are sending back folks with legal visa from entering the us. Story on CNN now http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/28/politics/2-iraqis-file-lawsuit-after-being-detained-in-ny-due-to-travel-ban/index.html

Also look at this! Scary stuff. Let's prioritize one religion over the rest

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/27/politics/trump-christian-refugees/index.html

One of whom was an interpreter who works for our military in Iraq.

Here's an odd thought. Could Trump become so politically toxic that GOP members of the house and Senate dust off their old obstructionist tools and start doing what they do best: nothing. A rep from a moderate right district is going to start scoring points for opposing him.

There is going to be so much civil unrest coming up a revolution is starting

Yeah - last month our neighborhood meeting had about 8 attendees - two days ago we had about 30 (so far we are meeting monthly). We are focusing on letter writing and calling into our Senate/Congress reps. We are about 100 strong via social media and growing. 

Start local. Focus local and expand. 

We are in a strong Democrat area - but that does not matter, still write your congressman, even if they already support your views. Ask them to reach out to moderate Republicans -- ask them to speak out forcefully. 

Within the last hour or so a Federal judge put a stay order on the ban. So that has happened.  OF course Im sure an appeal is coming.

Also the NSC has been mixed up with THe CHairman of the JCOS and the director of national intelligence dropped and Steve Bannon has been added.  Sounds about right to me.

"A note from Roger: The resistance begins today," Waters' Facebook posted Friday. The video comes from Waters' late-September concert gigs at Mexico City's Foro Sol in front of a massive audience that didn't appreciate Trump calling Mexicans "rapists" or threatening to build a wall.
During the song, Waters' video screens showed artist-made images of Trump toting a machine gun outside the White House, giving the Nazi salute and surrounding himself with KKK members. 

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/see-roger-waters-begin-trump-resistance-in-pigs-live-video-w462244

When will the Democrats start impeachment hearings?

Certainly if getting your dick sucked by an intern is an impeachable offense, there must be something Trump has done to begin the impeachment process. Sorry for the rough language, but people like Trump, Bush & Cheney make me ashamed to say I an American,

I'm not certain if the minority party can introduce articles of impeachment or conduct official hearings without the majority party's consent. I'm not sure they can't either, we shall see.

Anyhow apparently immigration officials are not complying with the court order. If instructions to that effect came from the WH then there is your impeachable action, or at least one impeachable offense. At LAX supposedly immigration guys turned away two congressmen saying that they work for Trump. If true that leads me to believe that the WH is telling them to ignore the courts.

Just remember it is ok to violate the first amendment in order have the perception of feeling safe. But do not even mention any gun safety messures, because that infringes on the 2nd.

It has become clear the only part of the constitution Republicans care about is the 2nd amendment.

When will the Democrats start impeachment hearings?

Certainly if getting your dick sucked by an intern is an impeachable offense, there must be something Trump has done to begin the impeachment process. Sorry for the rough language, but people like Trump, Bush & Cheney make me ashamed to say I an American,

when Dick Fucking Cheney is the voice of reason, you know things are completely out of hand.

http://alternativemediasyndicate.com/2017/01/28/dick-cheney-thinks-trumps-muslim-ban-is-against-everything-we-stand-for/

I just essentially broke up with many of my extended family members in a group email. I don't have time and space in my life for Trump supporters anymore.

Good for you, Stewie! I know it isn't fun. My father in law's best friend (extended family to my wife, for sure) messaged me some right wing propaganda bullshit video about Hillary.

I politely reminded him that I was a moderate Republican until a few months ago and that I would be happy to discuss issues, but will not view a video intended only as a troll and shared without any critical thinking or commenting on his part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of my uncles, with whom I've never had a quarrel, answered my question of "Is this what you wanted, Trump Supporters?" with a series of American flag emojis, a Fuck You, and a Get A Job. And he replied all.

One of my uncles, with whom I've never had a quarrel, answered my question of "Is this what you wanted, Trump Supporters?" with a series of American flag emojis, a Fuck You, and a Get A Job. And he replied all.

So many of his supporters know that it's a shit show. They're really insecure for having "won" the white house a month ago. It's just a question of how far he has to go for them to admit it's all a big mistake.

And the way it's going, they are going to need every penny

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/01/30/the-aclu-says-it-got-24-million-in-donations-this-weekend-six-times-its-yearly-average/?utm_term=.4b4d5201e594

Amid the swift and intense backlash, the ACLU seems once again to be benefiting directly.

This weekend alone, the civil liberties group received more than $24 million in online donations from 356,306 people, a spokesman told The Washington Post early Monday morning, a total that supersedes its annual online donations by six times.

So not only has Trump who lost the popular vote by almost 3,000,000 votes for the election he just had another million more vote against him as 1,000,000 folks in the UK signed a petition to stop him from his upcoming state visit! interesting times!