"The leaks are real. The news is fake".

I cant wait for the press or intelligence community to break this guy. He is putting America in mortal danger.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's right, because it took Nixon some time to build up to this level of pandemonium.  At this rate Trump's Watergate is due for sometime in April.

You're more generous than I am. I'm giving him until Saturday.

He didn't even bother to address the Russian military provocations: the spy ship off the East Coast, the buzzing of our naval ship by two Russian fighters, the violation of the Cold War era treaty. In fact he stated he doesn't believe Putin is trying to test him. It's beyond unnerving at this point. This is the stuff that makes rational people lose sleep at night. 

His fan base sees strength. The rest of the world sees unhinged.

That is the thing.  When The President talks about fake news he really isn't talking to the American people as a whole, he is talking to his base.  The right has played this game for decades, undermining main stream media, be it Limbaugh's "drive by media" or Palin's "lamestream media" they tell their supporters you can't trust of believe anything but what we deem acceptable.  Therefore any criticism of the President is seen as suspect or as fake, by many Americans.  This is the way dictators and cult leaders work.  Unfortunately, the only way this will change is The President does something that critically affects his supporters, a huge downturn in the economy, a large unnecessary war, etc.  To get his core supporters to realize the fraud that the President is, something terrible will have to happen.  

There is no way Trump will last 2 months in the Primary - July 2015

There is no way Trump will be the GOP nominee - February 2016

There is no way Trump can win the Presidency - July 2016

There is no way Trump can last a full 4 years as President - February 2017

I see a trend.  

I read a rumor that they benched Kelly Anne Conway. My wife and I were talking last night about how while the Trump agenda was no less odious this week (environmental issues, trans rights, cutting funding for public broadcasting) his PR is actually less of a shit show. In reality this is worse because it allows the country to be calmer while he ruins it.

It does seem eerily calm.  But surely they'll have someone else who serves essentially the same role with the media as Conway.  Who is that going to be?  Steven Miller?  And don't underestimate Conway's need for attention.  Taking away her camera time could blow up in their faces.  

I read a rumor that they benched Kelly Anne Conway. My wife and I were talking last night about how while the Trump agenda was no less odious this week (environmental issues, trans rights, cutting funding for public broadcasting) his PR is actually less of a shit show. In reality this is worse because it allows the country to be calmer while he ruins it.

It does seem eerily calm.  But surely they'll have someone else who serves essentially the same role with the media as Conway.  Who is that going to be?  Steven Miller?  And don't underestimate Conway's need for attention.  Taking away her camera time could blow up in their faces.  

These both sound like conversations at my house. The calmer it seems, the more jittery I get. Don't trust any of these lunatics.

Bannon has admitted what any casual observer could see about trumps cabinet picks... that they were chosen to deconstruct their agencies. Makes total sense since so many of them seem openly hostile towards the agencies they were appointed to run.

I can't get over career politicians having platforms that involve dismantling the exact governmental programs that provide their employment. So they abolish the government and public schools. Then what? Are these politicians that stupid? Do they not understand that Trump could care less about them?

Regarding the current 'calm'... I see it as the media falling into line with Trump. It's no random thing that he is not the top story on Google news etc anymore. The press conferences with Spicer are really an embarrassment. I don't understand why the press let themselves be assaulted by him. He's not their boss. I also don't understand why they are not a united front in terms of questioning and taking him to task for basic lies. It's astonishing. Very much a different beast than the neocon era of Bush where the focus was imperialism and perpetuating a quagmire in the middle east to continue the plundering of resources. Becoming president is now a legitimate part of a company's business plan.

The people he appointed are generally in the top 1% of the top 1%, so they really don't care about their employment the way you or I might. Hell even bannon, who is a relative pauper in this administration is worth more than everybody who has ever posted on this board will ever be worth in total. (His wealth is in the hundreds of millions). So these people who are tearing down the govt are eithe ideologes, like DeVos, who openly disdain their agency on philosophical grounds. Or they are tearing down their agencies as a way to higher corporate profits for themselves or cronies, like price. I'm sure others have more nuanced reasoning, but regardless of their reasoning they intend to get the govt to a point where norquist can drown it in the bathtub...except the security apparatus. They love that because I fully believe they intend to use it to control the population at home and the military arm of it to project power and seize resources, at least if we are to believe trump.

I am fascinated by all of the people freaking out over the ACA going away. It reminds me that someone said when it passed that once it is law, it will be incredibly hard to dial it back.

Does it dawn on some of these folks that it would have been awesome to have gotten this engaged 4 months ago? I also wonder how many Trump supporters in less-economically robust parts of the country are having twinges of buyer's remorse.

Regarding the current 'calm'... I see it as the media falling into line with Trump.

I've picked up on some of this.  I've noticed a lot of news folks, namely Anderson Cooper (but he's not the only one, have started playing the role of devil's advocate in Trump's favor when speaking with guests.  To some degree, that's what people like him should be doing, but it's gotten to the point where every statement a guest makes is questioned to give Trump the benefit of the doubt. 

Trump is on the warpath against the press. Today at CPAC he mentioned that the press hides behind the first amendment and that he's going to do something about that. Of course he was met with cheers.

Moment of the day...trump supporters waving Russian flags with Trumps name on them. Staffers immediately tried to grab all the flags. Not sure if a troll did this or not, but these people are so unaware of what the Russian flag looks like.

Trump is on the warpath against the press. Today at CPAC he mentioned that the press hides behind the first amendment and that he's going to do something about that. Of course he was met with cheers.

Well, they apparently barred the NYTimes, LATimes and a few others from a Spicer press conference today.  I'm sure his fans are thrilled.  The 1st Amendment is overrated anyway.