Find and watch last week's SNL cold opening skit.

Kate McKinnon plays Jeff Sessions as Forrest Gump.

Describes the decision to recuse himself: "Run, Jeffrey, Run!"

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worlds Greatest Health Care Act of 2017. With a name like that it has to be good.

wonder what it will be called in 2018.

We were all told that ACA (Obamacare) was shit and most of America believed it.  So why shouldn't we believe it when they tell us it is the greatest.  

Hosting our monthly letter-writing campaign committee tonight at our house.

I just spent $65.00 on food and drink. I am wondering if I could write off the grocery bill on my taxes or at least send the bill to Trump regime and they can pay me back....

Hell it's potluck, I should have everyone bring in their receipts and we can mail them all to the White House.

Guess our local grocery stores should be happy about the election outcome - we started the group back in December, guess there has been at least one local economic benefit.

I was kinda kidding. It just hit me on the way back from the grocery store that I wouldn't have had to spent the dough on the grub or have this meeting if we had a sane President in office.

I was kinda kidding. It just hit me on the way back from the grocery store that I wouldn't have had to spent the dough on the grub or have this meeting if we had a sane President in office.

Since your guests would have eaten that night whether you had a meeting or not, there is no economic benefit.  It's just money out of your wallet and not your guests' wallets.

The tax nerd in me had to answer.

Apparently the CBO is corrupt for scoring the R health care plan poorly. Leaked documents show that Trumps team scored it worse.

This should not be a surprise.  Any criticism of the Administration (media, people, government organizations / officials) have been summarily dismissed as losers, fake, or whatnot.  The only thing the Administration wants us to trust is them or their approved mouth pieces.  

This is the key.  Now, most Americans understand this game the Administration is playing.  However there are enough people out there that will blindly take what the Administration is giving them, which then plants the seed of doubt and frames the debate about the organization (in this case the CBO) and not the actual content of what was reported.  

We're pretty much fucked.   

Rachel Maddow just tweeted that she's got Trump's tax returns.

her show is on at 9.

Well this is pretty much a non story. It is 2 pages of a personal tax return from 12 years ago. This shows nothing nor answers any questions we have.

The rest of the show is nothing more then speculation. A ratings grab, ugh.

Rachel Maddow, you are better than this

Well this is pretty much a non story. It is 2 pages of a personal tax return from 12 years ago. This shows nothing nor answers any questions we have.

The rest of the show is nothing more then speculation. A ratings grab, ugh.

Rachel Maddow, you are better than this

Yeah my thoughts too nothing juicy at all

It now appears this was leaked by Trump. (The tax document is stamped "client copy") Another diversionary tactic? Comey testifies tomorrow.

Don't get distracted by shiny crap.

Interesting notion I saw on twitter, Trump leaked these himself, in order to distract from TrumpCare, Comey, etc.

I listened to the Maddow show last night and it did seem like she got played a bit. Not much substance.

At every opportunity, the media and every citizen should still press for the tax returns, though.

I listened to the Maddow show last night and it did seem like she got played a bit. Not much substance.

At every opportunity, the media and every citizen should still press for the tax returns, though.

Absolutely agree...we need to see who he's in bed with.

Absolutely agree...we need to see who he's in bed with.

As much as I agree, I think Maddow really hurt the cause.  What she showed last night was essentially nothing.  In fact if it did anything it helped Trump.  His supporters can point to this and say see, he paid taxes, etc.  Also they can point to an over zealous media who is trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

The biggest problem is the Right is correct.  Maddow hyped this like it was a huge deal, it simply wasn't.  A reporter such as her should have known as much.  I am not sure if MSNBC pushed the hype or she did on her own accord, but she looked foolish last night.  

I have said this over and over again, with the administration's ability to dismiss news critical to them as fake or what not, the media has to be extra diligent to report things with the utmost care.  I am sure everything in the report was truthful and there were solid questions that were brought up, but the way it was done was so partisan it became meaningless.  

In other news the wire tapping claim by Trump was wrong.  

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-obama-wiretapping_us_58c95cd1e4b01c029d78088c?

It will be interesting to see how this is covered.  IMHO it shows he is dangerously unstable.  It is scary that one man who has access to the best intelligent sources in the world, resorts to and believes crackpot theories.  This is truly frightening.   

Rachel got played, pure and simple. We are all so damned anxious to see him removed, which can lead to missteps.

I ageee I'm curious how tonight's show will go. I think she should own up to it. I enjoy her show normally she is thorough and thoughful but last night wast a good move

The dance around this health care bill is fascinating. Obviously dems, as well as some republican reps of the very moderate and extremely conservative types are against it. The really interesting thing is the 20 ft pole Trump is barely touching it with. Ryan is the only prominent figure championing it loudly. It has become politically treacherous for many congress people.