Ugh, that speech last night was frightening.  Not that what the President said was scary or his policies were scary (they really are BTW).  But it was in the manner in which he said it.  For the first time in nearly two years he sounded more presidential, more like a politician.  It is almost like he read all of the criticisms and then said here you go, see I am not a bad guy (ie speaking out against the Antisemitism, recent shootings, etc.)  It was kinda like when your wife says you don't bring me flowers and then the next day you go out and buy flowers.  It is not cause you wanted to, it is because you were told to do it.  It was also amazing how much of the speech was just bland generalities (kinda like what he did on the campaign trail).  No real plans put forth.  "I am for clean air and water" (I guess the best way to do that is to castrate the EPA and roll back EOs) "I am for women's health" (I guess the best way to do that is defund Planned Parenthood and gut ACA.)

Basically we are in the normalization of the President.  I would bet from here on out we will see less tweets, more "presidential" type stuff out of him.     

The media is gonna fall for it.  

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sessions resigning? Yes/No? No big deal lying to congress during confirmation hearing I guess

Very unlikely.  I expect to see their heels digging in even deeper.

It blows my mind when republicans who claim they're the most patriotic let Russian interference sit with them. TREASON!! How many members of Trump cabinet should be charged with treason..I'd say for now: Trump, Pence, Flynn, Ryan (maybe), Sessions..more???

The GOP sure had a bee in their bonnet about lying under oath back in the Clinton days. I wonder if that's still true today.

The GOP sure had a bee in their bonnet about lying under oath back in the Clinton days. I wonder if that's still true today.

I doubt it.  

What the administration has skillfully done has marked any information that comes out against the President as fake and not to be trusted.  This is not for the whole of America, but to the President's supporters (including those in the GOP).  So a story comes out, it is not trusted by a majority of the electorate and people and in power therefore it is ignored or ridiculed by the supporters.  So for the next 48-72 hours this will be a big deal.  The Sunday shows will be all a buzz about this.  Come Monday, it will vanish.  Anything this President does will not have the sticking power to matter.  

Unfortunately at this point the only way out of this cycle is to have something terrible happen.

The GOP sure had a bee in their bonnet about lying under oath back in the Clinton days. I wonder if that's still true today.

Today they are all about explaining what was really being said. It's just as maddening as listening to testimony on the word "is"

He did not have international relations with that Russian!

heh......anyways, I've called my senators and representative asking for a full investigation into Sessions lying to congress while under oath. We all should do that.

Sessions recuses himself from the Trump/Russia investigation.

Heard Hannity the other day going off on Democrats for pushing this (and other Trump related things), saying things we like know Hillary was guilt of this (most of it was either all half truths or complete BS), that and the other and the media did nothing (which is not true).  And the Sessions thing was just a political witch hunt in which there is nothing there, etc and the media is freaking out about it. Again the main stream media is out to get republicans (which is complete BS)  

Is is funny now that the shoe is on the other foot.  Listen, the Republicans, Trump etc. had to know that the Democrats would come after the administration hard.  That any little misstep by the administration would be amplified to the nth degree.  So why are they not more careful with this stuff.  Why the hell did Sessions lie about the Russia thing?  Why the hell are all these little mistakes coming out.  Either the administration are a bunch of morons and can't get their act together or they just don't give a shit and figure their hard core supporters will use this to show how mean the media and the Dems are to them.

Rand Paul says it's time to move on from Sessions. I don't think so. I believe our current admin is severely compromised, possibly even the entire leadership

Of the Republican Party. No one will have any real assurance until some light is shined on this.

They are all complicit and that will be their downfall when the wheels entirely come off this administration. What a shit show.

Nothing will come of this accept people have forgotten about Sessions. This is the real plan.

Totally. Although, I'm not sure he placed the diversion far enough away. It's still part of the Russian narrative.