Well, they apparently barred the NYTimes, LATimes and a few others from a Spicer press conference today.  I'm sure his fans are thrilled.  The 1st Amendment is overrated anyway.

The only good amendment is the 2nd.  

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell even bannon, who is a relative pauper in this administration is worth more than everybody who has ever posted on this board will ever be worth in total.

Are you sure? Those private Jeff Tweedy shows are going for a pretty penny these days... 

Question for KevinG:  If you were granted the power of time travel and could reverse the outcome of the presidential election last November, but it would come at the cost of the Cubs losing Game 7 to Cleveland in the WS on 11/2/16, would you do it?

Question for KevinG: If you were granted the power of time travel and could reverse the outcome of the presidential election last November, but it would come at the cost of the Cubs losing Game 7 to Cleveland in the WS on 11/2/16, would you do it?

Reverse the election, without hesitation.

So, was talking to a friend today about The President's choice to sit out of the White House Correspondent's Dinner (WHCD).  I came the conclusion that many who dislike The President are looking at the WHCD as a way for the press and others to just eviscerate the President, make jokes and basically rip on him for the complete D-bag that he is.  

Personally I think this is the wrong way of going about it.  Already a large swath of the American People look at the media with scorn and contempt.  To spend a night ripping on The President with him not in attendance is truly bad form and would further solidify the hatred of the Media.  The Media is in an unfortunate position, they need to do their job, but they need to be extra careful on how they are reporting it.  They need to prove to the American people that they are there as an unbiased entity, reporting on what the President is doing.  

The dinner should be a showcase for the best reporting on the White House.  Give the President nothing to tweet about.  Don't take cheap shots at him, leave that to SNL and other late night shows.  Be truthful, be honest, be better.  The only way this President can be stopped is by shinning a light on what he is doing, but first that light has be seen as something unbiased by all of the American people.  

first that light has be seen as something unbiased by all of the American people.  

We're way past the point of no return on that.  I don't think this will ever be possible again.

Let's get back to Wilco and politics for a minute. At the final Winterlude show last night Jeff told a heartfelt story about his elderly father being distraught about the travel ban.  He also suggested that he hoped that Trump supporting Wilco fans would come to their senses at some point.  Kudos to Jeff for being an artists who can speak up on these matters in an even handed and humanistic way.  I guess if you want to know exactly what he said you will have to find a copy of the show. 

LouieB

We're way past the point of no return on that.  I don't think this will ever be possible again.

I don't think so.  Not to say by not making for of the President at the WHCD will make people love the media again, but it could begin something.  Eventually The President's policies will begin affecting the Americans who voted for him in very real ways.  FoxNews, Brietbart, weird Right Wing Blogs are not going to tell this story.  The media needs to begin regain the trust of all Americans.  This can happen, it is not going to be easy, it is not going to be fun, but it has to be done.  

I don't think so.  Not to say by not making for of the President at the WHCD will make people love the media again, but it could begin something.  Eventually The President's policies will begin affecting the Americans who voted for him in very real ways.  FoxNews, Brietbart, weird Right Wing Blogs are not going to tell this story.  The media needs to begin regain the trust of all Americans.  This can happen, it is not going to be easy, it is not going to be fun, but it has to be done.  

The problem is, the media never lost the trust.  Rather, trust was stolen from the media by high-profile interlopers (Hannity, Limbaugh, etc.) and shadowy figures (Robert Mercer, Bannon, etc.) alike through trickery.  How do you rebuild trust when you never did anything to lose it in the first place?  I say you can't.

As for the voters having buyer's remorse...I've never seen that happen on a scale large enough to cause any change.  It remains to be seen whether or not that will happen out this time, but I have zero confidence that it will.

Regarding buyers remorse, I know a few people who still hold bushCo in high regard despite.......well, you know.

I never knew that historically black colleges were formed because of and are a great example of school choice. I always thought that they were founded because white people wouldn't let blacks into their colleges. Thank you for the history lesson Betsy DeVos.