I, too, grew up in the 1980s. Remember the USFL? There's a good ESPN "30 for 30" documentary on the league's history, including the downfall which was largely precipitated by Trump. He has a lengthy history of ruining things. Most narcissists do.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of things...

1) after spending years accusing the Obama administration of being weak on enforcing immigration laws fox news (bill-o) did a bit on the hypocrisy of the  left complaining about Trumps immigration policy and deportation raids while the Obama admin expelled people at a record ate during his two terms.I doubt any fox viewers will be able to spot that BOR is admitting that trump was tough on immigration during all those years that fox said he wasn't.

2) there is this... https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/14/us/politics/russia-intelligence-communications-trump.html?_r=0 Headline: Trump campaign aids had repeated contacts with Russian Intelligence. AND there are multiple stories out there that say us investigators have confirmed portions of the infamous russian dosier.

and this...

3) http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/14/politics/kfile-rand-paul-republican-investigations/ Rand paul does not think any more investigation on flynn woudl make sense since the white house has handled it internally.  So all trump has to do is well, nothing and the republicans will sit on their gavels and do nothing in response.  *sigh*

I say what they have done is drained a swamp and built an unregulated land fill full of dirty pampers, plastic water bottles and nuclear waste.

I've been repulsed by Trump since I was a kid in the eighties. Watching people support him still amazes me in a way of "Wait, you mean all of us weren't hate-watching this fuckhead's life for the past 4 decades?"

^^ This.

Growing up in CT, I always felt like every person in the Tri-State area, at least, knew what an utter douchebag he was (and still is). That people actually voted for him for President is just stunning to me. For about the first two weeks after the election, I woke up every day feeling like someone had beaten the shit out of me.

^As a Jersey resident I have seen what he has done which has resulted in the gutting of Atlantic City. So pretty much his actions have impacted me financially tax wise as NJ has taken over AC etc anyway that is all besides the point now..

On a positive note WOW the Trump presidency is unraveling fast. The Flynn thing will be his downfall! I cant figure out what they had to gain (Besides money) by selling Americas soul to Russia? Ironically Hillary brought up in one of the debates with Trump the Russian issue and it was glazed over quickly by Trump

^As a Jersey resident I have seen what he has done which has resulted in the gutting of Atlantic City. So pretty much his actions have impacted me financially tax wise as NJ has taken over AC etc anyway that is all besides the point now..

On a positive note WOW the Trump presidency is unraveling fast. The Flynn thing will be his downfall! I cant figure out what they had to gain (Besides money) by selling Americas soul to Russia? Ironically Hillary brought up in one of the debates with Trump the Russian issue and it was glazed over quickly by Trump

The Trump regime and their followers and Russia are after money and war against all things Muslim.

Couple of things...

1) after spending years accusing the Obama administration of being weak on enforcing immigration laws fox news (bill-o) did a bit on the hypocrisy of the  left complaining about Trumps immigration policy and deportation raids while the Obama admin expelled people at a record ate during his two terms.I doubt any fox viewers will be able to spot that BOR is admitting that Obama was tough on immigration during all those years that fox said he wasn't.

FYP?

Whoops, thanks.

As to the Trump presidency unraveling, I don't think so. From my perspective maybe, but unless congress gets on board not so much. If trump fires investigators and attorneys (speculation that Flynn investigation is what got Yates fired with immigration thing used as cover) and congress turns a blind eye, then what? The presidency remains intact and dirty as ever with just a few sacrificial lambs. This kind of makes the Republican Party leadership complicit in trumps crimes. Speaking of complicit Hannity is crazier than ever in defending trump.

Whoops, thanks.

As to the Trump presidency unraveling, I don't think so. From my perspective maybe, but unless congress gets on board not so much. If trump fires investigators and attorneys (speculation that Flynn investigation is what got Yates fired with immigration thing used as cover) and congress turns a blind eye, then what? The presidency remains intact and dirty as ever with just a few sacrificial lambs. This kind of makes the Republican Party leadership complicit in trumps crimes. Speaking of complicit Hannity is crazier than ever in defending trump.

I agree.  There's a LONG way to go before Republicans get on board with removing, or even investigating Trump.  And speaking of Hannity, as long as they've got him and his ilk in their corner, Trump isn't going anywhere.

At some point, it will be all too much, for the GOP to ignore and the will have to impeach the President.  But with most of the conservatives out there completely brainwashed into thinking any type of criticism of the President is Un-American, and probably fake news, whatever it will be has to be huge.  This would leave Pence in charge, which is what many Mainstream conservatives want, a far right religious president.

Or what is more likely the Dems get back into power in 2018.  This is the more likely scenario because I do believe gerrymandering will be deemed illegal by SCOTUS.  So the likelihood that House flips is much better.  Dems hopefully will be more motivated as well and get some good candidates up there.  Unfortunately in the Senate of the seats that are up 9 are held by the GOP.  So that will be tough.  What will be interesting is what the next two years of Trump policies give us.  Even if we are slightly worse off in 2018 this will be tough.  Unfortunately for the country the President really has to screw up.  So if the Dems take control in one or both, expect some impeachment talk to really begin in earnest.  

Yeah. just let Mosaic do want they want to the Everglades.

It won't be a problem until all the canals sitting behind the half million dollar homes become so green & slimy with algae that folks won't want to lower their $100,000 boats down off their launches.

Note, the Trump team's messaging has been

1) Flynn resigned- Spicer, Conway

2) Flynn was fired by Trump because of eroded trust- Conway

3) Trump thinks Flynn is a really good guy- Trump

Meanwhile we know that at least Flynn, and probably Trump and Flynn kept Pence in the dark about a very serious issue. 

This team does not work. Like, if you actually wanted them to do all of this heinous shit they're promising to do  you should be rally angry that they suck at working together.

I don't think I buy even that.

I would tend to agree.  As a career politician, it's probably more likely Pence is taking advantage of this moment and doing damage control, motivated by self-interest, rather than being legitimately out of the loop. 

Both scenarios are pretty shitty for all of us.

^Its amazing in less than 1 month he cemented himself as the most chaotic out of his leauge president of American History. He inherited a mess? Ok 4 something % unemployment and an 19k dow is a mess? Also, he said he doesn't have to say what his foreign policy is?! YES YOU DO! Not supposed to be a fly by the seat of your pants or worst case a secret when it comes to our foreign policy. Our intentions should be clear. Trainwreck indeed. Funniest part I heard is he said his administration is running like a fine tuned machine! HA HA HA HA HA HA if that is fine tuned I'll take a broken machine instread