His tax plan is a simpletons plan. Focuses primarily on rates and a couple of itemized deduction issues for personal filers. It will create even larger deficits with nothing to pay for it except the dream of growing federal revienues because 'job creators' will have so much cash. Think Kansas on tax cut steroids. Nothing in The corporate area except rate cut and favorable rates for repatriation.

Yeah, it's pretty much the same 'supply side economics' approach we've academically and empirically proven to be terrible several times in the last few decades.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it's pretty much the same 'supply side economics' approach we've academically and empirically proven to be terrible several times in the last few decades.

When have academia and proven data ever meant anything. He is cutting taxes, who cares what it will do, or the fact how little of a tax cut the middle class will get. The words "Tax Cut" are all that matter.

"I don't stand by anything" pretty much sums it all up.

It is truly amazing how every day this man proves himself to be utter incompetent for the job and his supporters still blindly follow him.  I heard the other on Rush, how it was ok for the President to have completely changed his position on things because he as a business man listens to good people and changed because of the facts.  It was truly madding.  

I actually do want someone who can and will change his opinions based on the most current factual information. I don't feel that is the case with Trump. I think he changes his mind on whims and based on whomever he has talked to most recently. That and where he has business deals. I'm expecting the announcement of the new Trump Towers of Pyongyang any day now.

What amazes me about Trump supporters, if my assumption about the them is true that they truly like the job he's doing, is just how much they were dying to do away with "politics as normal" in government, right down to its very foundations. It's the only thing that can explain to my mind why someone would be supporting him still. For them, no preceding rules apply to him because he is not playing the same game. Which makes it useless to compare him to previous presidents negatively. Whenever a new meme pops up featuring one of another ridiculous statistical milestones he's reached, I feel it reaches NOBODY but the choir, for that reason.

Over the course of these 100+ days, Trump has very successfully managed to remain not-Hillary AND not-Barack. Incredible achievement. And as long as he remains not-Hillary AND not-Barack, he will continue to get support from his core.

What I learned today...

The Israelis and Palestinians work really well together.

Public housing is too nice

The US will no longer require countries we work with to be democracies or aspire to follow our values.

Edit: and do not under any circumstances laugh, chuckle or guffaw at Jeff Sessions.

I need to read up. This new health care push came fast. I don't really know what's in it, or if it has any better chance of passing than the last pile.

From what I read it is worse and it will probably pass. Though no one knows what it actually is in it. So much for the promise to have the bill available for 3 days.

Today is very likely to be one of the worst legislative days in the history of this country.

I don't know why I am surprised but the way this bill is being rammed though congress is just baffling.  One of the big complaints when ACA came out is that no one knew what was in it (which wasn't true).  But with this, we can actually point to the fact that there just wasn't enough time to understand this bill.  No CBO score, nothing.  

The GOP is a joke of a party.  Lead by petty petulant people.  Fuck. 

I think that if this shit show of a bill passes the house the T strategy will be to let the D's filibuster in the senate then blam dems for all health care issues from here to eternity. Their base will buy it lock stock and barrel.

I think that if this shit show of a bill passes the house the T strategy will be to let the D's filibuster in the senate then blam dems for all health care issues from here to eternity. Their base will buy it lock stock and barrel.

Savvy analysis.

My representative in Congress, Randy Hultgren, didn't have his staff answering the phones in 3 offices today. I know because I tried calling multiple times. Then he voted yes to replace the ACA after making a public statement earlier this week that he hadn't decided yet what his position on the matter was. His FB page has exploded in anger in response to that vote. Come the next election, he is going to regret today's vote.

My representative in Congress, Randy Hultgren, didn't have his staff answering the phones in 3 offices today. I know because I tried calling multiple times. Then he voted yes to replace the ACA after making a public statement earlier this week that he hadn't decided yet what his position on the matter was. His FB page has exploded in anger in response to that vote. Come the next election, he is going to regret today's vote.

Fuck these fools. Drunk on their own reckless power. Karma will catch up with all of them.

My rep is Shimkus and his office was not answering, the voice mail was full too. He has reps going out shortly and they are going to be getting a very hot and hostile reception if what I hear people saying I'd accrurate...and I live in an area that voted very heavily for the trumpdumpster.

Also...it seems that many republicans in my area take more glee in seeing what they perceive as democrat losses than they do in getting good solid legislation passed. Even if those losses harm them personally. I dont get it.