• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Putin totally played trump on this one. Russia was not going to sign and shortly after trump made his announcement Russia announced their intention to sign. This leaves the US as the worlds pariah on this issue, further isolating us from our dwindling list of allies.

Sooooo... Jeff Sessions offered to resign. Can you imagine more of a shit show? I mean other than U.S. embassies having to tweet condolences to a nation mourning a tragedy while our President throws shade.

We watched the latest John Oliver main segment the other night on youtube (HBO posts them for free - but it's not the whole show, just the "main story"), and he just makes it so apparent that pulling out of the Paris Agreement was so dumb.

It was a non-binding agreement. So, the US was at absolutely no "competitive disadvantage", as Trump claims. It was mainly a symbolic agreement that the WHOLE WORLD AGREES that we should maybe probably do something to preserve the planet, and limit the man-made pollutants that we expel. 

As for contributing to the Green Climate Fund that POTUS complained about, yes, the US has contributed more than any other country, but if you look at the US's contributions it as a percentage of GDP, we come in 32nd. 

R candidate in Georgia District 6 special election stated out loud on live TV last night "I do not supprt a livable wage."

Hmmm, non-living wages in Georgia, I'll bet kindly business owners could provide food, housing and appropriate work clothing for their employees. The employees overseers would make sure everything runs smoothly too.

You can read Comey's opening statement online. My legal knowledge is slim but it looks like it isn't much we didn't already know, which is enough to enhance suspicion without being totally damning.

Let's be honest here, the President will weather the Comey hearing. No matter what he says it will be spun and people will argue, but no Impeachment, censure, etc will happen.

I have said this before, unfortunately the only way this guy gets removed is if a lot of people are hurt/die or lose a significant amount of money.

It's crazy to see the hype/spin reactions from both sides. If you only paid attention to one or the other, you'd think you'd crushed the other side and won the Superbowl, from either direction.

Yeah again, limited legal knowledge, but it seems it doesn't drastically change the story in either direction.

I finally quit dancing around the edge and told my rabid trump supporting college buddy that I have zero confidence in 45 and think he is mentally ill. He response was "why do you think he is mentally ill? How can you support that comment? Even if he is, Hillary is a pathological liar. Why doesn't that bother you?".

OMFG.

Outside of an incredulous laugh, I'm at a loss as to what to say.

Actually Stewie, that's something that he would say. Maybe I'll turn the tables on him and ask him.

While shaking his head, my dad recently told me that both my sisters voted for Trump. He didn't come out and ask them, he just brought up Trump's name in a phone conversation and they jumped at Trump's defense - he told me not to bother bringing it up with them, because he was sorry that he did - they just kept on making excuses for the Trump regime - I am going to heed his advice.

I finally quit dancing around the edge and told my rabid trump supporting college buddy that I have zero confidence in 45 and think he is mentally ill. He response was "why do you think he is mentally ill? How can you support that comment? Even if he is, Hillary is a pathological liar. Why doesn't that bother you?".

OMFG.

Outside of an incredulous laugh, I'm at a loss as to what to say.

They ALWAYS bring it back to Hillary. What would it look like if years ago someone said "Jesus, this Obama guy!" And the only response was "Are you serious, have you seen McCain?"?

Not a vote of confidence, more of a topic changer.