After the election a friend said he wasn't worried cause Trump has the habit of hiring quality and successful people.

Curious if your friend based this on firsthand knowledge or if it was because he watched The Apprentice. :lol

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting rid of The Mooch is probably the right thing to do here -- he clearly didn't seem to have the temperament for the role.  But I can't help but wonder if we're going to get an early morning tweet from Trump throwing Kelly under the bus for doing this.  I can imagine a scenario where Trump told Kelly he had complete control over his staff, without realizing that meant Item #1 on his fix-it list would be to fire the guy who was just hired.

It's just really amazing how inept this admin is.  

Getting rid of The Mooch is probably the right thing to do here -- he clearly didn't seem to have the temperament for the role.  But I can't help but wonder if we're going to get an early morning tweet from Trump throwing Kelly under the bus for doing this.  I can imagine a scenario where Trump told Kelly he had complete control over his staff, without realizing that meant Item #1 on his fix-it list would be to fire the guy who was just hired.

It's just really amazing how inept this admin is.  

There's a theory going around that says Trump was irked that Scaramucci came in too hot and was becoming too big of a "star" of the White House. 

Who knows, but I could buy it. 

Kelly may impose a modicum of discipline in this administration, but just that. The leader himself is far too undisciplined for Kelly to make much of a difference. I would be shocked if he outlasted Priebus.

I read that Kelly considered resigning when he found out that Comey had been canned.

He can shoot somebody and not lose fans, but I think the law of the land is another matter. Dumb public sentiment is not going to stop prosecutors from prosecuting.

If the GJ indicts people and trump Pardons them, they will still have been indicted, which may not mean much to trumpers but it will mean something to those who are not die hards.

Pardon me if I am cynical.  His candidacy and now presidency has been declared dead numerous times, but yet here he is, saying stupid shit and proposing stupid legislation that panders to his white nationalist base (and lets be honest here, the President and his surrogates are not trying to hide their racism anymore).   

So until I see his stupid orange mug bumbling through a congressional hearing and articles of impeachment are voted on and passed.  I have very little hope that this man will be removed from office.  Hell, until January 20, 2020 (or god forbid 2024) and I see a new president sworn in, I expect this gas bag of human feces to sit there in the oval office an ruin our country. 

Pardon me if I am cynical.  His candidacy and now presidency has been declared dead numerous times, but yet here he is, saying stupid shit and proposing stupid legislation that panders to his white nationalist base (and lets be honest here, the President and his surrogates are not trying to hide their racism anymore).   

So until I see his stupid orange mug bumbling through a congressional hearing and articles of impeachment are voted on and passed.  I have very little hope that this man will be removed from office.  Hell, until January 20, 2020 (or god forbid 2024) and I see a new president sworn in, I expect this gas bag of human feces to sit there in the oval office an ruin our country. 

truth

This was reaired locally last night.  http://www.pbs.org/program/forgotten-ellis-island/ It shoud be required watching for Drumpf and his family. Probably most Replicans as well.

Pence would be worse, so as much as I'd like to see Trump removed from office in disgrace, we're probably better off dealing with his incompetent buffoonery rather than having a competent but repulsive politician like Pence taking over.

I don't know if it was here or elsewhere, but somewhere I heard some one describe pence as being Rick Perry stupid".

On one level can see pence being worse than trump, but in another I just see trump as an f'ing verbal and visual embarrassment 24-7 while pushing his white nationalist vision. So it's Christian domination vs pseudo Christian white nationalism. We're screwed regardless but which is worse in the long run?

I think Pence's competence as a politician would result in more legislation making it to his desk and becoming law.  Trump's ridiculous sideshow and constant lying has turned off enough (not really enough, in the general sense) from his own party that it has prevented any major legislation from getting there.  And there's also the factor of Trump having no true political convictions, which might result in him occaisionally doing something good by accident.  Whereas Pence isn't going to do anything good under any circumstances.

But the point about handling a crisis is a good one, and I agree with that.

Pence is a special kind of stupid.  He not only is really dumb, he like POTUS thinks he is the smartest guy in the room.  Compounded on that he has believes he has religious moral superiority over everyone else.  That is a dangerous combination.  

I firmly believe that the powers that be within the GOP never thought Trump would have won (BTW Trump didn't want to win either) and they wanted to dump Pence in the dung heap that should have ended his political career.  Now the GOP is stuck with a orange faced baboon and man who is willing to put his backward Christian beliefs over the good of the country.  Plus anyone who supports or signs a "Religious Freedom" law should get a special kind of scorn and ridicule.  

I honestly think regardless of who is POTUS from this administration, it will be the same terrible horrible legislation.  Maybe not the sheer insanity from Trump, but still damaging legislation.   

"Fire and fury like the world has never seen before"

I stopped reading Tom Clancy when he started repeating himself, but I've been told that line comes from one of his books.

Edit: NK immediately crossed Trumps line in the sand, now what?

BTW the president has absolute authority to order a nuclear strike. There are no provisions for checks and balances with out nuclear arsenal.

Holy shit, that press conference.

"You can't stop the Trump Train", indeed. Once that idiot gets rolling, he's off the fucking rails. Shit.