• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Granted, I only scanned the transcript, but I was shocked to see that I didn't find his Afghanistan strategy to be totally insane.

Of course not, it was too vague and empty to actually mean anything. This like everything else this President has done is a distraction.

Remember a week ago he called Nazis fine people. That cannot be brushed aside.

I just watched Trump's speech in Phoenix. I have never seen anything like that before in my life.

I am literally speechless.

"CNN is turning off its camera" ---- as I watched the entire thing on CNN.

"WTF?" doesn't even cover it any more.

I just watched Trump's speech in Phoenix. I have never seen anything like that before in my life.

I am literally speechless.

"CNN is turning off its camera" ---- as I watched the entire thing on CNN.

"WTF?" doesn't even cover it any more.

it was one of the more surreal things i've ever seen on tv.

this morning i saw a chryon on CNN of a poll that 61% of current Trump supporters say they'll never disapprove of him.

we're screwed. 

So apparently they've determined that 12% of Bernie supporters ended up voting for Trump last Nov., and in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania it is estimated to be larger than Trump's margin of victory.  So they essentially get the "credit" for giving us this lunatic POTUS. 

Great job guys!  You really are proving that they're "all the same!"

So apparently they've determined that 12% of Bernie supporters ended up voting for Trump last Nov., and in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania it is estimated to be larger than Trump's margin of victory.  So they essentially get the "credit" for giving us this lunatic POTUS. 

Great job guys!  You really are proving that they're "all the same!"

25% of Clinton primary voters in 2008 voted for McCain in the general.

25% of Clinton primary voters in 2008 voted for McCain in the general.

According to the Vox article I posted above it was 15%  --  but IMO the jump from Clinton to McCain is nothing compared to the jump from Bernie to Trump.  But had McCain defeated Obama by a tiny margin (and McCain turned out to be a disaster like DT) I would have called them out on it, too.

So today Trump...signs an order banning transgender, cutting off treatment for those serving and I believe starts the process of removing them from The service.

Pardons Arpaio, which could be impeachable as an abuse of the pardon priveledge per James Madison.

Signed a sanctions bill against Venezuela...exempting Citgo which I believe is 49% owned by the large Russian oil co...which Trump is rumored to have received stock of in exchange for dropping sanctions against Russia (though that didn't work out)

Gorka resigned

North Korea tests a missile

And apparently there is a hurricane hitting Texas which will be pushed to page three because of this other shit.

So just another day in America.

So did Trump do these things in the middle of a hurricane because he thought people wouldn't pay as much attention to them, or because he wanted to take attention away from the hurricane and put it back on him?

All I know is last evening I was watching news coverage of a terrible storm, then all of a sudden Trump's face was plastered all over my TV yet again, and storm coverage went by the wayside for the most part.

The news anchors did say that some of these things happened earlier in the day but were intentionally withheld for release to the media until later.

Disgusting.

Personally I think he wants the attention. If the stories are even remotely true that he scans tv continually for mentions of himself, then Yesterday and the hurricane had to be a blow to his ego. Of course there is the old thing about dropping shitty news on Friday so people forget about it by Monday. Perhaps his staffs advice felt with that, but he personally couldn't stomach the hurricane getting more press than him.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/10/the-first-white-president-ta-nehisi-coates/537909/

This is a hell of a piece. Brings into blinding focus the awful reality of the racism behind Trump's election.

Good read, but unfortunately those that need to read it probably won't, or if they do get passed to them they will denounce it as fake news.

What appears to have gotten the ire of the President's supporters is the deal he made with Dems over the debt ceiling. 

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/10/the-first-white-president-ta-nehisi-coates/537909/

This is a hell of a piece. Brings into blinding focus the awful reality of the racism behind Trump's election.

I have been thinking about this for several months now: "It does not take much to imagine another politician, wiser in the ways of Washington and better schooled in the methodology of governance—and now liberated from the pretense of antiracist civility—doing a much more effective job than Trump."

• 2 weeks later...