After today's press conference anyone who supports Trump can no longer deny who he is. Anyone who calls a white supremacist a good person is a racist. Anyone who supports a man who says that as well is a racist.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to assume this is the beginning of the end of his presidency but on the other hand.... I just feel like there's been a few times when the general consensus has been "well that's it for Trump, there's no coming back from this, no one will support him now". Like the Gold Star family fiasco or the leaked Billy Bush tape.... yet here we are.

Well put, Doug. It is taking too long, but as I said elsewhere, Trump is coming down like a confederate statue. The time of old white racists is almost past.

I wish I could agree. Those tiki torch bearers were mostly quite young.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wish I could agree. Those tiki torch bearers were mostly quite young.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hear you, but somehow I feel that those kids are mostly followers, not budding leaders. I think we are seeing the dying gasp of this kind of thinking, and once the older supporting generation passes, these young ones won't be motivated enough to carry it on. The world is changing.

But I realize I speak on the side of hope. We need to do all we can to teach peace and inclusiveness, and shun those who want to hate. I guess only time will tell if we humans are smart enough to get beyond this tiny-minded thinking.

I know we all know this, but I just need to say it: 
The reason Washington and Jefferson are not "next" is because they helped create the U.S.A. It's a different thing to take down statues of Confederate generals because they were fighting against the United States. They were fighting against the country we live in. We all know that's not the same thing, right? I mean even if the president doesn't- we do, right? We're gonna make it through this, right?

See also "slippery slope fallacy".

What frightens me most now is that Trump needs something like a war to unite the country and divert attention and fall-out from Charlottesville.  He likely realizes it too.

What frightens me most now, is that Trump needs something like a war to unite the country and divert attention and fall-out from Charlottesville.  He likely realizes it too.

North Korea, here we come.  

Now, he isn't even going to keep up his job creation charade anymore - due to the all the CEO's bailing.

from Trump.

"Rather than putting pressure on the businesspeople of the Manufacturing Council &Strategy & Policy Forum, I am ending both. Thank you all!"

Now, he isn't even going to keep up his job creation charade anymore - due to the all the CEO's bailing.

from Trump.

"Rather than putting pressure on the businesspeople of the Manufacturing Council &Strategy & Policy Forum, I am ending both. Thank you all!"

You left out the funniest part.   Some time before tweeting this he tweeted:

"For every CEO that drops out of the Manufacturing Council, I have many to take their place."

Apparently that wasn't quite true.

I think this article gives a bit a perspective on why the President continues to say (and tweet) the most amazingly stupid racist shit.  

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/everything-is-so-bad-1797936317

It is not that he is flat out racist, he is obsessed with one thing, Donald Trump. His entire presidency and his life have been about that.  

Nope, I was wrong, just straight up racist.

What a fucking asshole:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/898254409511129088

Study what General Pershing of the United States did to terrorists when caught. There was no more Radical Islamic Terror for 35 years!

This is what he is referring to:

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/pershing.asp

Jesus, can someone do something about this fuckwad?

He's also obsessed with Obama and undoing anything obama did.

Someone mentioned Obamas record setting tweet and suggested that Trump can beat the record with a two word tweet 'I Resign'

Hell, the possibility of that could cause me join Twitter!

NYT reporting that Steve Bannon is out.

I saw that. I think that leaves Miller and gorka as the remaining neo nazis...at least that I know of.

Regardless though I think Bannon can consider his time in Washington to be a success. His goal was to tear the government down, so he got off to a fairly good start on that.

I guess Trump is worried about what Paul Ryan is going to say at his CNN Town Hall tonight. He announced a national address for 9 pm tonight, which was supposed to be the start time of the Town Hall.  He's about to announce a military buildup in Afghanistan and Asia, but he'll probably begin by doing some preemptive damage control countering what he thinks Ryan is going to say.

Granted, I only scanned the transcript, but I was shocked to see that I didn't find his Afghanistan strategy to be totally insane. I don't think it's going to solve the unsolvable, but it's pretty much holding the Obama line but with a slight troop increase. The real problem is there is no military solution for our nation's longest war, only a diplomatic one. Trump has proven almost pathologically horrible at diplomacy.