• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday while driving back home from northern WI, I saw a moron with WI plates flying confederate and American flags from the back of his pickup. I've seen people flying those traitorous flags in Virginia but never in my 40+ years of going to northern WI. Do I blame 45? You betcha!

Yesterday while driving back home from northern WI, I saw a moron with WI plates flying confederate and American flags from the back of his pickup. I've seen people flying those traitorous flags in Virginia but never in my 40+ years of going to northern WI. Do I blame 45? You betcha!

Ha! - I am middle of the below. Interesting book, thus far. Sadly, the above was probably going on before 45 - which probably helped get 45 elected.

9780226349114-393x590.jpg

I have seen that flag everywhere from Hawaii to Canada. The other day I was waiting to cross the street and saw a guy in a big noisy truck with two giant flags flying off the back. He appeared to be smoking a meth pipe at the stop light. He sort of stared at me for a minute and then gunned it through the light.

Just a general comment. I'm always one to give the benefit of the doubt. I argue cogently in order to learn new information and be challenged to change, hone my stance. I've always believed, against my better judgement, that reactionaries have good reason for their views. They don't. The last few days I've perused some of their 'real news' sites and I am astounded by the hateful, stupid, scary, reactive things people say about a totally spun news report. There's no way to engage them as you'll be dismissed as a Muslim. This seriously happened several times. These people are so deluded and drowning in pervasive misinformation and instigation that it's clear how the masses can be rallied for fascism, genocide and war. Even without TV and the internet. I have to say, it is a bit liberating realizing this as I won't be wasting time trying to engage and feel less guilty about seeing them as ignorant, deluded, of low intelligence or mentally ill. It's a very sad situation and seems like something out of a horror novel.

Yesterday while driving back home from northern WI, I saw a moron with WI plates flying confederate and American flags from the back of his pickup. I've seen people flying those traitorous flags in Virginia but never in my 40+ years of going to northern WI. Do I blame 45? You betcha!

I have seen more confederate flags in N WI then in my time in the south

At Gettysburg this weekend a bunch of armed individuals showed up "to protect" confederate monuments graves and flags from Being dedicated by anti fascists (does that make them pro-fascist?) anyhow it was all based on an internet rumor that was proven to be false. In the long run these guys made visitors feel uncomfortable and one of them ended up shooting himself.

At Gettysburg this weekend a bunch of armed individuals showed up "to protect" confederate monuments graves and flags from Being dedicated by anti fascists (does that make them pro-fascist?) anyhow it was all based on an internet rumor that was proven to be false. In the long run these guys made visitors feel uncomfortable and one of them ended up shooting himself.

Classic! Once they get something in their heads it's there forever. This whole mess about this poor baby in the UK is an example. The kid is terminal and comments on the right news pages all talk about saving his life. They are misinformed about everything and angry about everything. There is not talking any sense into them. 

Classic! Once they get something in their heads it's there forever. This whole mess about this poor baby in the UK is an example. The kid is terminal and comments on the right news pages all talk about saving his life. They are misinformed about everything and angry about everything. There is not talking any sense into them.

I found it funny POTUS tweeting about Charlie Guard, but he has no regard for the millions of his citizens who will die because of his parties awful Healthcare bill. And really if you think POTUS gives two fucks about this boy you are an idiot and so easily fooled I feel sorry for you.

I found it funny POTUS tweeting about Charlie Guard, but he has no regard for the millions of his citizens who will die because of his parties awful Healthcare bill. And really if you think POTUS gives two fucks about this boy you are an idiot and so easily fooled I feel sorry for you.

I had one of these right wing dudes tell me that liberals kill while conservatives 'let die'.

This article is everything you need to know about the current state of American politics:

Trump Supports Cry Basis After NPR Tweets the Declaration of Independence

No doubt. The satire in the comment section is great. You could say anything and attribute it to 'liberals' and the right would go apeshit. The stuff they come up with is incredible. Mentally ill?

Trump, Putin and Tillerson having s meeting with no one else present...what could possibly go wrong with that?

Edit...Lavrov and translators so six total and I guess whomever is listening in on Russia's end.

Edit 2: WTF? Our current administration was not smart enough to even book hotel rooms for the G20.

Is lil' donnyboy jr falling on his sword to somehow protect his father or is he really that stupid?

Anyways, this undeniable evidence of collusion is certainly welcome and well overdue.

Is lil' donnyboy jr falling on his sword to somehow protect his father or is he really that stupid?

Anyways, this undeniable evidence of collusion is certainly welcome and well overdue.

It is only collusion if you look at the evidence.  Plus it was probably Obama and the Democrats anyways.

http://www.salon.com/2017/07/11/sean-hannity-blames-democrats-for-the-donald-trump-jr-problems/

He's not falling on his sword he's an idiot who couldn't keep his yap shut. Besides his dad tossed him under the bus today by saying he had no knowledge of this meeting till a couple of days ago. Of course he's lying because that's what he does.

Btw kudos to the NYT for rolling this story out a little bit each day. Kind of caused jr to provide the smoking gun emails today. I wonder what tomorrow will bring.

Edit: in October, after the Comey letter to congress, Harry Reid wrote s letter to Comey. In the letter Reid lets Comey know that he understands that the FBI has quite a bit of information linking trump and his campaign with the Russians. I wonder how long before McConnell and or the RNC get brought into the picture.

The "he's just naive" defense only works (if at all) for Jr.  Manafort had decades of experience dealing with Russian and Ukranian government officials and oligarchs.  He knew exactly what a meeting like this meant -- and the email thread makes it crystal clear.  His (and Kushner's) involvement makes this so much more than just an isolated dumb mistake.

And there's no way his micro-managing, gossip-loving, win-at-all-costs Dad didn't know all about it.  Only question is whether there's a paper trail to prove it.