Please take 10 minutes out of your day today to call your senators and congressman to demand a special prosecutor with subpoena powers to investigate suspected collusion between the Russians and the current administration. We need to flip some Republicans and get their support for this. I've called all of mine this morning. Have you?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As always with Trump you need to pay attention to the other hand, especially when a big story like this breaks.  Everyone should notice that no one is talking about the Healthcare bill.  

Which makes me think this either 1) there really is no Trump Russia ties or 2) there is and Trump has made a deal with the GOP majority that they won't investigate further.  This whole thing is gonna make it easier for them to get the horrible, horrible health care bill passed.  

there's really nothing to talk about until the Senate version (and CBO's analysis) is revealed.

well, not really.  There was a pretty big ground swell and organization to call your senator to stop this.  If a rep held a town hall they got lambasted.  This was big news, now it is all but faded.  I am sure it will get more attention once the CBO score comes out and the vote is ushered through, but for the time being it really has killed the momentum of the opposition.

It is not that I think that the Russian thing is not important, but I believe there has been enough doubt thrown in and they can say, there is no ties, etc. and the people can call, protest all they want and nothing will be done.  But healthcare that is where the people can actually affect some change.   

honest question:

do you think the Senate will put the bill as currently drafted, to a vote?

and if you don't, what's point of blasting your senator now, when the bill will change and you don't know what the changes will be?

No.

It is important to call your rep and say things like, "as you are writing this bill make sure you include provisions for pre-existing conditions, etc."  Frankly, now is the time to try influence your senator to change the bill, rather than wait until there is a bill out there.  Most of the Republican senators will vote for the bill no matter what is in it.  So why not try to change their mind before it is written.  And if they pull the same shit they did in the house there will be very little time between an official bill and the call for a vote.  By the time there is a bill out there it will be too late.     

No.

It is important to call your rep and say things like, "as you are writing this bill make sure you include provisions for pre-existing conditions, etc."  Frankly, now is the time to try influence your senator to change the bill, rather than wait until there is a bill out there.  Most of the Republican senators will vote for the bill no matter what is in it.  So why not try to change their mind before it is written.  And if they pull the same shit they did in the house there will be very little time between an official bill and the call for a vote.  By the time there is a bill out there it will be too late.     

This seems prudent to me.

No.

my reps and senators are on board w/ my opinions.

Mine, too - but I still call and write them. It's important to voice your opinion, even it is the same as theirs.

Half the time I write them thanking them and encourage them to keep up the good work. Durbin or someone on his staff even sent me  a card thanking me for writing last month.

I guess it is all about you then.  And if they feel the same way about healthcare, they probably feel the same way about teh FBI, Russia etc.  I can tell you probably 51 don't feel the same way you do.   

I would bet in a months time there will be nothing done on the Russia thing and a we will have a horrible, horrible horrible healthcare law out there.  This Russia thing is just making it easier to slip it through.  

Come on people now, smile on your brother, everybody get together, try to love one another right now.

Also, keep the calls to your reps rolling!

I was one of at least a hundred people delivering "pink slips" to my Rep. Bruce Poliquin (R, ME) today in Bangor to protest his yay vote on AHCA. That's a healthy turnout for not a big area, so I think it could mean people are not forgetting about the healthcare bill.

I was one of at least a hundred people delivering "pink slips" to my Rep. Bruce Poliquin (R, ME) today in Bangor to protest his yay vote on AHCA. That's a healthy turnout for not a big area, so I think it could mean people are not forgetting about the healthcare bill.

I agree - I'll give KevinG that the press may not be able to talk about more than one story at the time, but I know my group is still active in the healthcare debate.

I agree - I'll give KevinG that the press may not be able to talk about more than one story at the time, but I know my group is still active in the healthcare debate.

That is encouraging, but what is needed to defeat the House Bill and the eventual garbage that will come out of the Senate is a large ground swell of people. I just worry it will be forgotten about. Russian spies are just much ore interesting.

"People have got to know whether or not their President is a crook.  Well I'm not a crook.  I've earned everything I've got."

Pretty sure obstruction of justice is an impeachable offense. In the present case, I'd call that a good thing, a very good thing.