• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing is impeachable if the majority party sits in their hands. McConnell is working the senate for loyalty and a Ryan is working the house. It's party over countrybygese days.

"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot someone and I wouldn't lose voters." be impeached. - President Donald J Trump.

"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot someone and I wouldn't lose voters." be impeached. - President Donald J Trump.

Exactly, they know it and he knows it. He is the second republican president in a row to believe that if the president does it it is legal. And the party faithful believe it too.

Trump doesn't get impeached, but things get bad enough so that he resigns.

Pence assumes office and pardons Trump.

Trump goes back to his "empire" with a little more wealth.

Pence & the Congressional Republicans push their agendas into law.

Well now, let's see how the jail Hillary for mishandling sensitive information crowd reacts to today's news. McCain, evetyhe maverick says the president has the right to reveal classified information. No John he does not, especially when the source of the information asked him not to. Pretty soon the US will be flying semi-blind because our allies will not trust us with intel.

McCain, evetyhe maverick says the president has the right to reveal classified information. No John he does not, especially when the source of the information asked him not to.

Except he does. It sucks, but he didn't do anything illegal.

What I love is how, yet again, the White House spends all afternoon denying the story and dismissing it as fake news from a liberal outlet... and then this morning Trump confirms it all with a series of "yeah I did it, so what?" tweets.  Politics aside, it's gotta be exhausting working for this ass...

I have said this all along, the only way Republicans will do anything against the President is if a major catastrophic event happens because of his actions.  A lot of people will probably have to die or be seriously hurt.  In a relative quick fashion because we all know if it is slow (aka Healthcare) they don't give a fuck.  

Except he does. It sucks, but he didn't do anything illegal.

He does have the right to release US information. Not being privy to the top levels of information myself I would imagine that there is s process/protocol to be followed. Probably included talking to our intelligence agencies and asking if it's ok or is it a good idea etc...

Also in the present case the information was not the United States information to share. So in this case he had no right to release it.

Going forward how many of our allies are going to have second thoughts about sharing intel. Sources will have second thoughts about coming to us with intel. So this move made us less safe and probably has thrown a wrench into our intelligence gathering capabilities.

And, after his minions come out saying the story is false (with plenty of wiggle room to fall back on) the dolt in charge tweets that he did give out the info.

I really hope that when trumper goes for the nuclear football that after he decodes everything hung he only gets a message that says drink more ovalteen. Hopefully the real codes are kept where only an adult can access them.

At some point, certain attention-seeking Republicans like Chafetz, Issa & Ryan are going to do the political calculus and determine that it's now a greater benefit to be seen as the defenders of justice and integrity and aggressively go after Trump.  I'm not sure where that threshold exactly lies, but it feels like we've gotten much, much closer over the past 7-10 days.

My new prediction is that Trump will manage to hang on until the Dems get congress back.  Then he'll get impeached, and Pence will become president. The electorate, tired from the punishing impeachment process, will vote to keep Pence as president in 2020.

My new prediction is Trump walks onstage at an event with his pants around his ankles and a bullfrog hanging from his dick. Nothing happens.

"But her emails"

My new prediction is that Trump will manage to hang on until the Dems get congress back.  Then he'll get impeached, and Pence will become president. The electorate, tired from the punishing impeachment process, will vote to keep Pence as president in 2020.

All of this seems plausible to me with the exception of Pence 2020. He would need to exceed all of our expectations (dems, repubs and independents) for that to happen. I think we'll be ripe for a Dem president in 2020 unless some brilliant GOP congressperson is teeing up some bi-partisan legislation and leading the charge against Trump's sins.

WAPO published story about republicans discussing trump and others being paid by Russians. Ryan's office denied the story....WAPO has tapes of it. Including Rysn pledging everyone present to secrecy. Whoops.