• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Al Franken shouldn't resign for these 2 specific instances until Donald Trump resigns for the 16 instances he's accused of and the Access Hollywood tape. Trump was elected President after it all came to light. If Franken survives a Senate probe and re-election in 2020, that should end it. If admitted, long-time sexual predation as a perk of wealth and fame doesn't disqualify you for the presidency, then Franken's behavior doesn't warrant a resignation.

So what you are saying is, hey it is ok that she got groped and forcibly kissed because she did the same thing.  Good job!

Anymore victims you'd like to blame? 

where do you personally draw the line for any supposed transgressions? is it all totally a zero tolerance policy just for politicians (or even before they ran for office), or for any job? 

don't mistake me for condoning any such behavior as normal. but people are not robots and do have flaws. is the one strike and you're out (not talking about rape or other sexual assault, more like via an unwanted kiss or hand on the butt) grounds for permanent gulag?

get a fucking grip, man.

Must admit - the "poor man' s Don King"  is a good line --- all unbelievably ridiculous though...

I guess it isn't unbelievable - which in itself unbelievable. 

Edited by calvino
  • 2 weeks later...

So holy shit. I just realized no one has said anything since:

A) Michael Flynn plead guilty to lying to the FBI (which was clearly done in a deal which will screw someone else in the Trump team)

B ) The senate passed a tax bill that cuts corporate rates while raising taxes on many in the middle class

I take our lack of discussion as a sign of outrage burnout. Shit's so crazy, it doesn't even feel crazy anymore.

The tax deal is terrible but pretty much what I would expect from any GOP administration when they have both houses of congress. If it passes then it's incumbent upon all of us to speak out as loudly as those anti-Obamacare people have done.

As for the Flynn Russia thing, I'm cautiously optimistic that this is step 2 of 100(0) as the net tightens around Trump.

And the GOP has pretty much said they need to cut SS and Medicare to help pay for the cuts.

Also trumps lawyer either lied to us about trump implicating himself in and obstruction of justice charge via tweet, or is the worst attorney ever because he implicated his client publicly in an obstruction of justice charge. Which, if Dowd did the tweet removes that topic from attorney client privledge.

Also...Dowd has said basically that the president can’t commit obstruction of justice because he’d president.

Don’t even get me started on the tax bill. I work in corporate tax and let’s just say our management is very pleased.

There is always something, or ten things or twenty things.

The tax deal is terrible but pretty much what I would expect from any GOP administration when they have both houses of congress. If it passes then it's incumbent upon all of us to speak out as loudly as those anti-Obamacare people have done.

I will disagree with the first sentence just a bit. I think the chaos and constant outrage that the Trump administration has created is helping allow this bill slip through because of outrage fatigue. I don't see a Romney or Bush (any Bush) presidency trying something quite this radical.

I do think once this tax bill passes or (unlikely) dies in conference, the heat on Trump will increase from Republicans. They're playing it cool for now because they want to minimize the attention on him.

I do think once this tax bill passes or (unlikely) dies in conference, the heat on Trump will increase from Republicans. They're playing it cool for now because they want to minimize the attention on him.

You mean once the GOP scores the win they'll feel freer to come out against Trump on other issues? Or do you mean back to meaningless "I do not approve of what the President said about Obama's daughter's butthole, but blah blah blah..."?

You mean once the GOP scores the win they'll feel freer to come out against Trump on other issues? Or do you mean back to meaningless "I do not approve of what the President said about Obama's daughter's butthole, but blah blah blah..."?

I mean once tax reform passes, they may be willing to vote to impeach... eventually. Then they can start pumping up Pence and act like they never really liked Trump in the first place. That would be true, the just decided to tolerate him for their own evil ends.

Hell, they might even come out against pedophiles serving in the Senate.

I mean once tax reform passes, they may be willing to vote to impeach... eventually. Then they can start pumping up Pence and act like they never really liked Trump in the first place. That would be true, the just decided to tolerate him for their own evil ends.

Hell, they might even come out against pedophiles serving in the Senate.

Pence is just as scary. Perhaps more so since he seems sort of reasonable at first glance. Dig below the surface though & things get a lot scarier. He's one of those guys who can't wait to hang with his bud Jesus. Just the finger you want on the button.

Pence is just as scary. Perhaps more so since he seems sort of reasonable at first glance. Dig below the surface though & things get a lot scarier. He's one of those guys who can't wait to hang with his bud Jesus. Just the finger you want on the button.

Indeed. There are Christian nutters in Israel now actively doing things to bring the prophesied "End Times". A similar fanatic in the White House would be frightening.

Last night , my wife was part of postcard writing campaign to get the D voters out to vote in Alabama to defeat Moore  -- definitely need to keep at it with elections - with all these distractions going on - elections still matter the most.

This whole Jerusalem stuff is probably going to make things a lot more hairy.