Winston:

My wife and I have attended countless events in the last year to vote out Roskam..  Especially my wife. She actually had a sit-down with him and he made the mistake of man-splaining to her (she's a law professor).  She's kind of lost her mind over this.

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Winston:

My wife and I have attended countless events in the last year to vote out Roskam..  Especially my wife. She actually had a sit-down with him and he made the mistake of man-splaining to her (she's a law professor).  She's kind of lost her mind over this.

Do you have a preferred candidate to oust him?

I am happy with my US Rep - Robin Kelly. 

I am looking forward to see the outcome of the Dan Lipinski /Maria Newman primary result. Many in our local group have been campaigning hard for Newman. The race definitely seems to have gotten a lot of national press.

Oh yeah, another result from Illinois... A holocaust denier ran unopposed in the GOP primary in the 3rd House district. (3rd House district has been held by anti-abortion Dem Dan Lipinski since 2005, and his predecessor was his own father, who held it since 1993). 

Fucking Illinois Nazis

Oh yeah, another result from Illinois... A holocaust denier ran unopposed in the GOP primary in the 3rd House district. (3rd House district has been held by anti-abortion Dem Dan Lipinski since 2005, and his predecessor was his own father, who held it since 1993). 

Yeah plus below is  how he got in by the below - gotta love with Cook County/Illinois political nepotism.

As stated before, our local group was campaigning heavily for Newman -- must admit though she is not handling the loss very well - from a political standpoint, she is coming off a very bitter. She gets another chance in 2 years and she is already galvanizing his supporters... 

In 2004, Lipinski's father ran for re-nomination in the Democratic primary. After easily winning the nomination, the elder Lipinski announced his retirement. As the Democratic committeeman for Chicago's 23rd Ward—which is virtually coextensive with the Chicago portion of the 3rd—he was able to persuade the state Democratic Party to select his son to replace him on the ballot. The move was somewhat controversial; not only had the younger Lipinski not lived regularly in Illinois since 1989 and never run for elected office before, but it allowed him to sidestep the Democratic primary—the real contest in this heavily Democratic district.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, it's been weeks since anyone has posted here, clearly not for lack of news, so I'm assuming it's outrage exhaustion.

But good lord, the no-knock raid by the Feds on Trump's lawyer MIchael Cohn is a SPECTACULAR piece of political theater. I can almost guarantee (along with Manafort) it will be staged in a film one day.

Wow, it's been weeks since anyone has posted here, clearly not for lack of news, so I'm assuming it's outrage exhaustion.

But good lord, the no-knock raid by the Feds on Trump's lawyer MIchael Cohn is a SPECTACULAR piece of political theater. I can almost guarantee (along with Manafort) it will be staged in a film one day.

This raid will result in the firing of Mueller (among others). Shit is gonna get real interesting.

This raid will result in the firing of Mueller (among others). Shit is gonna get real interesting.

Sounds like Rosenstein might be next instead.

Edit: but I suppose that's just a way to get to Mueller since Rosenstein doesn't seem that psyched about firing him, and he's kind of the only person who can.

Sounds like Rosenstein might be next instead.

Edit: but I suppose that's just a way to get to Mueller since Rosenstein doesn't seem that psyched about firing him, and he's kind of the only person who can.

this is true, afaik.

rosenstein does have legal authority (with due cause) to fire Mueller.

trump can fire rosenstein, install a stooge and have that old white guy fire Mueller on some trumped up charge. the end.