• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wilco.    Noteworthy as this is my 100th Wilco show. 

Despite all the controversy with the Springsteen tickets I managed to score decent seats on the verified fan sale in about 10 minutes yesterday. I got ADA seats 4 rows back behind the stage. Those sea

As promised, here's some pictures of the Beths on Friday night. As I don't drink they put me at the side of the stage in the all ages area. A guy was there with his 13 year old daughter. He wasn't fam

Posted Images

what did you think? I know one person hated the opener, but i think it's a cool pairing. 

I have been seeing many of the members of the Joshua's band for close to 20 years - it was nice to see them perform at Thalia. I can definitely see why it was not everyone's cup of tea, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Takes guts to play one tune or motif for 40 minutes or so, esp. in front of an audience that is not necessarily there to see you. My buddy was kinda waiting for it to end, too - though. 

The people around me started to rumble a bit after a awhile, but I have definitely seen more noisy crowds for an opening band. Hell, last month when I saw the Indigo Girls at Thalia, that crowd was extremely rude during the opener, so much that the performer had to stop playing and say something. All around, Sleep's crowd was great and enjoyable. 

As far as Sleep - they were great, too -- it was a first for me, seeing a band like this. I thought all my insides were going to shake out of me, when the bass hit. Man...

Really enjoyed the drummer, too. The mix did not favor the guitar, too much - often it was a bit buried, but perhaps that was the goal. 

I also enjoyed the whole rocket shtick prior to Sleep taking the stage. The dude in the white shirt and tie was a nice touch, as well as the two roadies in jump suits.

Totally glad I went - but I don't think I following the doom metal power scene anytime soon. 

I have been seeing many of the members of the Joshua's band for close to 20 years - it was nice to see them perform at Thalia. I can definitely see why it was not everyone's cup of tea, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Takes guts to play one tune or motif for 40 minutes or so, esp. in front of an audience that is not necessarily there to see you. My buddy was kinda waiting for it to end, too - though. 

The people around me started to rumble a bit after a awhile, but I have definitely seen more noisy crowds for an opening band. Hell, last month when I saw the Indigo Girls at Thalia, that crowd was extremely rude during the opener, so much that the performer had to stop playing and say something. All around, Sleep's crowd was great and enjoyable. 

As far as Sleep - they were great, too -- it was a first for me, seeing a band like this. I thought all my insides were going to shake out of me, when the bass hit. Man...

Really enjoyed the drummer, too. The mix did not favor the guitar, too much - often it was a bit buried, but perhaps that was the goal. 

I also enjoyed the whole rocket shtick prior to Sleep taking the stage. The dude in the white shirt and tie was a nice touch, as well as the two roadies in jump suits.

Totally glad I went - but I don't think I following the doom metal power scene anytime soon. 

awesome to see the impressions of a first-timer, glad you dug it!!

for the NYE show, the Marijuanaut made an appearance at midnight (bass tech Dave French was in the suit), right as weed became legal in Illinois and as the band kicked into "Dopesmoker"

pretty bummed i missed that one.

82353179_1462880223867277_14089404420823

Super, super, super stoked to see Jason Isbell tonight in LA at the Walt Disney Concert Hall.  It'll just be him and Amanda Shires for an all acoustic show.  No opener.

This will be my 3rd time seeing Isbell (easily my favorite current artist) and my wife's first time. 

It will also be my first time at this venue, which supposedly has world-class acoustics.

Can't wait!