• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wilco.    Noteworthy as this is my 100th Wilco show. 

Despite all the controversy with the Springsteen tickets I managed to score decent seats on the verified fan sale in about 10 minutes yesterday. I got ADA seats 4 rows back behind the stage. Those sea

As promised, here's some pictures of the Beths on Friday night. As I don't drink they put me at the side of the stage in the all ages area. A guy was there with his 13 year old daughter. He wasn't fam

Posted Images

At Mavis Staples' birthday bash in L.A. last May, Trombone Shorty played, and Mavis could hardly contain her delight. She kept repeating, "Imma get ME a horn!" It was pretty adorable.

He is definitely an amazing musician.  He made sounds come out of a trumpet that I’ve never heard before, and he was even better on the trombone (although no trombone sounds I had never heard before.   ;) )

His band was a little too ”hard funk” for me at times though.  But it was a fun time, and the crowd just loved him!

Thee Oh Sees are at the top of their game right now. unstoppable rock and roll juggernaut.

What's your recommendation for the best entry portal album for Thee Oh Sees? I know their catalogue is pretty diverse.  Where should I start?

I was a little disappointed it was Navy Blues and not One Chord To Another or Between The Bridges, which I think are stronger albums. But the songs sounded great live, that album really does hold up. There's a few really good songs on that album like Stand By Me, Yeah that you would never otherwise hear. After they did Navy Blues they left the stage for about 20 minutes and then came back and did maybe 15-20 songs from throughout their career, with every album from Twice Removed to 12 represented (sorry Smeared). The crowd was really into it and sang along to every song, even the non-singles and deeper cuts. The whole thing was a blast and probably the most fun I've had at a show in a long time, even my wife who's not a huge Sloan fan thought so.

I was a little disappointed it was Navy Blues and not One Chord To Another or Between The Bridges, which I think are stronger albums. But the songs sounded great live, that album really does hold up. There's a few really good songs on that album like Stand By Me, Yeah that you would never otherwise hear. After they did Navy Blues they left the stage for about 20 minutes and then came back and did maybe 15-20 songs from throughout their career, with every album from Twice Removed to 12 represented (sorry Smeared). The crowd was really into it and sang along to every song, even the non-singles and deeper cuts. The whole thing was a blast and probably the most fun I've had at a show in a long time, even my wife who's not a huge Sloan fan thought so.

Sounds really fun. Thanks for sharing your experience. I am now 2x more likely to attend in Chicago.

Saw them do one chord a few years back and that was a great show. I try to catch them every time they come through as it is always fun. Probably seen them 6 times now and I look forward to as you said catch some of the rarer songs live.

Have fun, Gary! :banana

Thanks, it was good. I was not familiar with their music (I mostly know them from the Day of the Dead box set).  My 29 year old son has been very into the band for years but had never seen them. We realized they were playing yesterday morning so we scooped some good seats and went.