• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wilco.    Noteworthy as this is my 100th Wilco show. 

Despite all the controversy with the Springsteen tickets I managed to score decent seats on the verified fan sale in about 10 minutes yesterday. I got ADA seats 4 rows back behind the stage. Those sea

As promised, here's some pictures of the Beths on Friday night. As I don't drink they put me at the side of the stage in the all ages area. A guy was there with his 13 year old daughter. He wasn't fam

Posted Images

Ohmme.    My favorite current band.  They're playing at 7 right down the street from my office, which is pretty ideal.

EDIT:  Well damn.  I just found out this is cancelled due to the headliner (Glen Hansard) being ill.  Apparently they cancelled his show on the 8th, too.  Hope he gets well and they can pick the tour back up.

Kevin Morby w/ William Tyler.

Jealous! Please give us a bit of a review!

William opened up (solo), and was magnificent as always.  He really filled out the songs that he recorded with a band, using some loops on Highway Anxiety and just playing with what seems like 18 fingers on others.  Love that guy.

Kevin was in "duo" mode, with just him and another guy who played mostly sax and some flute.  Kevin was mostly on guitar and a couple songs on keyboard.  The new tunes were really cool stripped back and sparse, some with guitar instead of the piano on the record.  Mostly new stuff off OMG, and even only a wee snippet of City Music tucked inside another song.   William came out and played 3 songs together with Kevin in the encore including a Silver Jews song.  Good crowd, good vibe, great venue... really a fun night. 

William opened up (solo), and was magnificent as always.  He really filled out the songs that he recorded with a band, using some loops on Highway Anxiety and just playing with what seems like 18 fingers on others.  Love that guy.

Kevin was in "duo" mode, with just him and another guy who played mostly sax and some flute.  Kevin was mostly on guitar and a couple songs on keyboard.  The new tunes were really cool stripped back and sparse, some with guitar instead of the piano on the record.  Mostly new stuff off OMG, and even only a wee snippet of City Music tucked inside another song.   William came out and played 3 songs together with Kevin in the encore including a Silver Jews song.  Good crowd, good vibe, great venue... really a fun night. 

Sounds like a lovely evening! Thanks for the review! :thumbup

What SJ song?

how was it?

i really want to see Mountain Movers... they have eluded me thus far in life. but i feel the tide changing.

it was a record release show for the new major stars album, in the tiny upstairs of the hong kong in harvard square. chris’ trio was tight and purposeful, mountain movers spun out some beautiful psychedelia, and then major stars came in like a guitar tornado. i can’t believe it’s taken me so long to see them live- i won’t miss them again (the new record is fantastic, BTW).

Nice please review after I’m going in a few weeks in nyc

I thought it (David Byrne's American Utopia) was incredible.  Somewhere between a concert and a Broadway show.  Great musicianship, choreography, singing.  I only saw Talking Heads once and I'm a huge fan so it was great to see him play some of those songs - and it didn't hurt that I was in the 5th row.  

it was a record release show for the new major stars album, in the tiny upstairs of the hong kong in harvard square. chris’ trio was tight and purposeful, mountain movers spun out some beautiful psychedelia, and then major stars came in like a guitar tornado. i can’t believe it’s taken me so long to see them live- i won’t miss them again (the new record is fantastic, BTW).

Wayne gave me a copy when i saw Major Stars open for Howlin Rain a few weeks back. i like it but they will always be first and foremost a live band to me. the good news is that they play every 8-12 weeks it seems, so you will get plenty of chances. I think i've seen them 4-5 times this year already. 

I thought it (David Byrne's American Utopia) was incredible. Somewhere between a concert and a Broadway show. Great musicianship, choreography, singing. I only saw Talking Heads once and I'm a huge fan so it was great to see him play some of those songs - and it didn't hurt that I was in the 5th row.

Nice! Glad you enjoyed it