bands i've seen in the last 72 hr (that i can remember off the top of my head)

Idle Hands, Howling Giant, Primitive Man, Danava, Lucifer, Corrosion of Conformity, Hangman's Chair, High On Fire, Electric Wizard, ASG, Graveyard, The Crazy World of Arthur Brown, Bad Religion, Candy, Electric Citizen, The Monophonics, Led Zeppelin II, LA Witch, Misfits, Black Mountain, Yob, Fu Manchu, Grails, The Obsessed, Clutch, Cold Cave, Soft Kill, Royal Thunder, Black Angels, Sumac, Glassjaw, Goatwhore, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Mark Lanegan, Triumph Of Death (Hellhammer tribute feat. Tom Warrior).

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wilco.    Noteworthy as this is my 100th Wilco show. 

Despite all the controversy with the Springsteen tickets I managed to score decent seats on the verified fan sale in about 10 minutes yesterday. I got ADA seats 4 rows back behind the stage. Those sea

Peter Gabriel 

Posted Images

Beck, Cage the Elephant and Spoon

How was that? About once a week I'll see a social media post with doors/set times and I always  :o at the early 4ish PM doors.

bands i've seen in the last 72 hr (that i can remember off the top of my head)

Idle Hands, Howling Giant, Primitive Man, Danava, Lucifer, Corrosion of Conformity, Hangman's Chair, High On Fire, Electric Wizard, ASG, Graveyard, The Crazy World of Arthur Brown, Bad Religion, Candy, Electric Citizen, The Monophonics, Led Zeppelin II, LA Witch, Misfits, Black Mountain, Yob, Fu Manchu, Grails, The Obsessed, Clutch, Cold Cave, Soft Kill, Royal Thunder, Black Angels, Sumac, Glassjaw, Goatwhore, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Mark Lanegan, Triumph Of Death (Hellhammer tribute feat. Tom Warrior).

do you need us to send you some hearing aid batteries? :D

looks like quite the lineup. i saw the stones on wednesday. the consensus is in best of tour zone. they were excellent. i had set the bar low based on my last experience 7 years ago. promise of the real (with lucius on backing vocals) opened & were quite good, too. good night all around. now go put it all on red!!!!!

The Crazy World of Arthur Brown

I didn't realize this band was still a thing.  I've been weeding out records lately and this one has been on the chopping block.  The only reason I keep it is because it was the answer to a "Win a Tama Drum Kit" trivia question* in Modern Drummer magazine when I was in high school, and my drum teacher (Tom Rafferty, RIP....link below to his band, the Starving Brain Eaters) told me the answer.  I didn't win the drums, but I guess keeping that memory alive is a pretty good reason to keep the record.  Then again, am I really going to forget if I let the record go?

(*Name the band that Carl Palmer played in before Emerson Lake and Palmer, whose only hit was "Fire.")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYcj9xqE9gw

Squeeze at Tupelo Music Hall in Derry, NH. They were just here this past Thursday with a sold out show which I missed out on. They announced a 2nd show on Thursday August 8th with tickets going on sale the day after at 6am. I’ve never seen a second show added that late. And I’ve never seen tickets going on sale at 6am.

I didn't realize this band was still a thing.  I've been weeding out records lately and this one has been on the chopping block.  The only reason I keep it is because it was the answer to a "Win a Tama Drum Kit" trivia question* in Modern Drummer magazine when I was in high school, and my drum teacher (Tom Rafferty, RIP....link below to his band, the Starving Brain Eaters) told me the answer.  I didn't win the drums, but I guess keeping that memory alive is a pretty good reason to keep the record.  Then again, am I really going to forget if I let the record go?

(*Name the band that Carl Palmer played in before Emerson Lake and Palmer, whose only hit was "Fire.")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYcj9xqE9gw

he played Psycho in 2016 and then did a short US tour the following year. He's still great, really energetic and quite a stage presence and production. 

How was that? About once a week I'll see a social media post with doors/set times and I always :o at the early 4ish PM doors.

all the bands were great my show was on a Saturday so the show started 5 but was over at 10. I’m going again tomorrow as tickets are $20 and they’re playing close to my house again so why not! Definitely was a high energy show with lots of good moments!

The lights were great, but the sound was a godawful muddy mess. Which is a shame, because their records sound so great. Kevin Parker seems like a nice guy, though, and the crowd loved him.

I dunno if I’d see them again. The records sound so good, but this did not.

Oh wow that stinks. Every time I have see them the sound was great

Whispering Beard Folk Festival. They have made the leap. After over a decade at a campground with music seen and heard from your tent and BYOB they are now smack dab in the middle of downtown Cincinnati. Great vibes, more like a reunion than a festival. 

sad to say that Tame Impala lost me after _Lonerism_. i can't get w/ their new direction at all.

I like their albums in chronological order for sure but the new stuff is still very interesting to me and their live show is fun. I can see how the new album was a big step almost like the the change from being there to summerteeth was. Definitely a new style so I get how come some folks aren’t on board.

I like their albums in chronological order for sure but the new stuff is still very interesting to me and their live show is fun. I can see how the new album was a big step almost like the the change from being there to summerteeth was. Definitely a new style so I get how come some folks aren’t on board.

To be honest, I, too, gave up on Tame Impala when Currents came out. It was so different, and totally not what I expected. I don’t think I even made it all the way through one complete play. Then Patience came out and knocked me upside the head. So I went back and listened to Currents with fresh ears, and now I absolutely love it. I have come to realize that Kevin Parker is one of those rare individuals who is so talented that he can make a lot of different styles work.