• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wilco.    Noteworthy as this is my 100th Wilco show. 

Despite all the controversy with the Springsteen tickets I managed to score decent seats on the verified fan sale in about 10 minutes yesterday. I got ADA seats 4 rows back behind the stage. Those sea

As promised, here's some pictures of the Beths on Friday night. As I don't drink they put me at the side of the stage in the all ages area. A guy was there with his 13 year old daughter. He wasn't fam

Posted Images

good seeing you last night!

god i hate that venue. even Robyn seemed to be smacking on it, and he's played there a couple of times now.

Yes! Did you end up shooting?

I have mixed feelings about it.  I think the sound is good and like it more when I've been up close.  The ongoing food service during the show bugs me and the awkwardness of sort of sitting sideways is uncomfortable.  

yeah i was gonna slide up to your table during the 2nd intermission when Robyn was playing piano but someone had moved their chair so that entrance was blocked. so i shot from a few rows back. i mean basically you can get one or two shots there and that's it. sitting at an angle w/ your neck craned for an hour is no fun.

Twin Peaks

Sort of interesting to see them perform their cover of Spiders (Kidsmoke) last night and the sold out crowd's reaction. It was the least popular of all the songs they played last night. Sounded pretty good to my ears though.

Sort of interesting to see them perform their cover of Spiders (Kidsmoke) last night and the sold out crowd's reaction. It was the least popular of all the songs they played last night. Sounded pretty good to my ears though.

Did the crowd boo or moan?

Turning back the calendar, Phish in Providence Friday and Saturday

I rarely listen to much after The Island Tour at home. It felt to me the the beginning of a farewell of that period (of sorts) - culminating in Cypress. I would have accepted it ending right then and there.

I rarely listen to much after The Island Tour at home. It felt to me the the beginning of a farewell of that period (of sorts) - culminating in Cypress. I would have accepted it ending right then and there.

Everyone's looking for different things. I always have tons of fun and get a lot of joy from seeing Phish. Friday was a particularly special night (although the Saturday show totally killed) as I was there with my 29 year old son on the exact 22nd anniversary of his (and his sister's) first show (the Runaway Jam show in Worcester). So that was extra fun, although he would have much preferred the Saturday show. 

Speaking of Big Cypress, I've been listening to a podcast series about Cypress, "After Midnight, Phish's Big Cypress Festival." Very interesting. 

Ha. No! Not at all. Their original material had people moving around - semi-moshing, pogoing, jumping and shouting the lyrics. Nothing like that for Spiders. 

Well that's good - I thought that maybe Twin Peaks fans really hate Wilco or something. 

Everyone's looking for different things. I always have tons of fun and get a lot of joy from seeing Phish. Friday was a particularly special night (although the Saturday show totally killed) as I was there with my 29 year old son on the exact 22nd anniversary of his (and his sister's) first show (the Runaway Jam show in Worcester). So that was extra fun, although he would have much preferred the Saturday show. 

Speaking of Big Cypress, I've been listening to a podcast series about Cypress, "After Midnight, Phish's Big Cypress Festival." Very interesting. 

I absolutely understand you. If I was honest with myself I'd admit that much of my ambivalence about this is (I guess!) I'm so biased about the greatness of a lot of that old stuff that that  sometimes prevents me from living in the moment with new stuff - "Oh man...No Man's? I was really thinking it was time for Gumbo". :stunned I'm the same with Wilco truth be told. But I wouldn't testify on the stand about any of this, I'll say that ha ha.

I guess I turned into Homer at some point.

HS: PLAY TAKIN' CARE OF BUSINESS! WHY WON'T YOU PLAY TAKIN' CARE OF BUSINESS!

BTO: We'd like to play one from our latest record..

HS: NO NEW STUFF! PLAY TAKIN' CARE OF BUSINESS NOW!