• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wilco.    Noteworthy as this is my 100th Wilco show. 

Despite all the controversy with the Springsteen tickets I managed to score decent seats on the verified fan sale in about 10 minutes yesterday. I got ADA seats 4 rows back behind the stage. Those sea

Peter Gabriel 

Posted Images

Nada Surf

Be sure to catch the opener - Aaron Lee Tasjen is a blast.

I will be there! Need to get a good spot so I will be seeing the opener

I think Carol Y. will be at the show tonight too! And wow, Aaron Lee Tasjen for an opener!  :spider

Calexico + Iron & Wine

I watched the live webcast from Port Chester the other night and it was great!  

I saw them live in Brooklyn back in June and it was also great.   But I have to say that a live webcast into my home, where I have the audio and video setup to really appreciate it, is an increasingly attractive alternative to time-consuming and costly travel, especially on a work night.

How was it?

It (Hallelujah the Hills) was not as good as the record release show I saw back in December but it was very good.  Last night was part of a weird Twin Peaks themed night of music so they mixed up their set a bit.  They played a handful of songs from the new album.  And the sound in the place was not good.  But it was lots of fun.

The December show might have been my favorite show of last year.  They played most of the new album at that show and ended the main set with the last three songs from the album - which are three of my faves.  During the "Hi, Hello, How Are you" part of I Went Through Hell he went into the audience and shook people's hands while singing "hi, hello, how are you." He then stayed in the crowd and sang Memory Tree.  It was great.

They just announced some east coast dates:

THU MAR 12 - Philadelphia, PA @ Ortlieb's w/Maxwell Stern & The Colliders & Boston Cream

FRI MAR 13 - Washington D.C. @ The Pocket w/ Boston Cream

SAT MAR 14 - Baltimore, MD @ Club 603 w/ Boston Cream

SUN MAR 15 - Brooklyn, NY @ Union Pool w/ Ladygod & Gladshot

FRI APR 3 - Cambridge, MA @ The Lilypadw/ Ladygod & Gladshot

SAT APR 4 - New Haven, CT w/ Eyelids (Featuring mems of GBV, Jicks)

Shovels & Rope (last night. I failed in my goal of finally posting in this thread before a show.)

Shovels & Rope (last night. I failed in my goal of finally posting in this thread before a show.)

JUst got turned on to these folks recently. Haven't heard al ot of them, nor a lot of their originals, but love their take on "Unknown Legend" and "Patience," to name a couple.

As always a fun show. Such a tight band never understood how they didn’t get their due in America! It’s fun watching them all switch instruments too.

Great video and perfect song to capture. How many bands have a drummer who's also that good of a songwriter??