Solid Sound May 27-29 2022

Hmm - this sounds really fun. Tempted to park the volvo in Buffalo and do the Erie Canal bike path to Albany and then to North Adams. Did not know that North Adams was kinda at the west end of the state. 

Donna - you of course are up for this and I will get you a bike. ;)

• Haha 1
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven’t posted in over a year and a half, but I have a Wilco Holiday Spirit anecdote to foist, I mean share. We have always wanted to go to Solid Sound, but, being teachers, June is when we go on ou

The beef jerky is done. I've sampled it enough to confidently say, this is an excellent batch. In fact I sampled it enough that I made myself pack it up and put it in the freezer so I wouldn't sample

Lighting out shortly for Brooklyn, and in the morning North Adams. Can’t Wait. It’s been a minute since I last pointed the car towards WesternMass.    Safe travels to all my fellow fans.  See

Posted Images

9 hours ago, lizish said:

Hmm - this sounds really fun. Tempted to park the volvo in Buffalo and do the Erie Canal bike path to Albany and then to North Adams. Did not know that North Adams was kinda at the west end of the state. 

Donna - you of course are up for this and I will get you a bike. ;)

You're pretty funny!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey friends, I've decided to gracefully bow out of SSF this year, just don't want to get stuck in a foreign country if I pick up COVID. I have an affordable AirBNB in Williamstown and I am cancelling right now, if anyone wants it, it should pop up in a few minutes.

• Sad 2
11 hours ago, TCP said:

Hey friends, I've decided to gracefully bow out of SSF this year, just don't want to get stuck in a foreign country if I pick up COVID. I have an affordable AirBNB in Williamstown and I am cancelling right now, if anyone wants it, it should pop up in a few minutes.

I'm sorry to hear this, but I understand...I pulled out of going to SBS for the same reason. Thanks for generously considering other fans!

• Like 1
On 3/30/2022 at 11:04 AM, TCP said:

Just picked up a reservation @ MCLA Dorms – Berkshire Towers. This means I will be yielding my room reservations in Pittsfield, MA at the Hilton Garden Inn. Price is a little less than the Berkshire Towers, so I'm trading off creature comforts for proximity to Solid Sound. If there's anyone who is looking for a comfy place to stay, let me know & I'll see if I can transfer my reservations before cancelling them. I'll bet there's a waiting list!

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

So it's almost time for the sheer joy that is the Solid Sound Festival, and today's big preparatory job is the making of the traditional kidsmoke beef jerky!

I'll see you there, and I'll have my beef jerky to share as always! :spider3

Afterword: Lots and lots of jerky. I seem to have gotten carried away. I blame having to wait an extra year for Solid Sound...it's thrown my rhythm all off!

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Lukestar said:

As a Rochesterian, I think this is one of coolest things. Have a great ride!

Luke - there on the 21st (I think). grab a bike. ride. 

Had only a limited knowledge that the Canal was THAT integral to the United States, Irish immigration, New York City as the hub of everywhere etc. Fascinating stuff. 

• Like 1

Having been laid up most of this year with COVID and two post-COVID illnesses that I'm told were probably related to COVID, I'm so ready. See y'all soon!

• Like 2

The beef jerky is done. I've sampled it enough to confidently say, this is an excellent batch. In fact I sampled it enough that I made myself pack it up and put it in the freezer so I wouldn't sample it all. :P

20220510_001238.jpg

• Like 5

Fellow Rochesterian here, it's a WNY Thang. My old band Big Ditch (the band, not the beer) was named after an early derogatory name for the Erie Canal, also known as Clinton's Ditch (named so after the "Father of the Erie Canal" DeWitt Clinton).

music_review2-1-18bf2cfec886424f.jpg

• Like 2

Excited to see that the daily lineup has been posted! I'm hoping Neko Case will do a pop-up in one of the galleries. This'll be our 4th SS -- any advice on staying informed about pop-ups? IIRC, last time the app offered real-time notifications. And maybe some VCers will share intel on this board?

Counting down!

34 minutes ago, unifiedtheory said:

Excited to see that the daily lineup has been posted! I'm hoping Neko Case will do a pop-up in one of the galleries. This'll be our 4th SS -- any advice on staying informed about pop-ups? IIRC, last time the app offered real-time notifications. And maybe some VCers will share intel on this board?

Counting down!

Yep, the app sent out notifications in real time for the Pop Ups. And there were several TV screens in the main building near the cafe/elevator that had all of the social media posts. 

36F53CAA-7761-469E-8AC5-C1AE3B91C66E.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Should I be concerned that I have not yet received my tickets for SSF, which I purchased on March 17?  It says they'll be emailed closer to the show date, but we're now T-minus 11 days.  Have any of you received your tickets yet?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Brian F. said:

Should I be concerned that I have not yet received my tickets for SSF, which I purchased on March 17?  It says they'll be emailed closer to the show date, but we're now T-minus 11 days.  Have any of you received your tickets yet?

Don't panic. This is normal; we'll get them soon. Nobody's gonna get shut out, and DAMN, how much fun is it that I'll get to buy you a drink at SSF?!! I'm so glad you're able to attend!

On 5/13/2022 at 1:26 PM, u2roolz said:

Yep, the app sent out notifications in real time for the Pop Ups. And there were several TV screens in the main building near the cafe/elevator that had all of the social media posts. 

Any updates on the Solid Sound App? I downloaded it but it's still filled with 2019 doings.

19 minutes ago, BigDitchStan said:

Any updates on the Solid Sound App? I downloaded it but it's still filled with 2019 doings.

I don’t think it gets updated until a day or two before the festival begins. 

• Like 1

Hope all of our VC friends can join in a group photo shoot at Solid Sound. Meet under the WILCO letters at 4:00* (see correction below) on Saturday wearing your favorite Wilco or Tweedy Show gear. No RSVP needed but here’s a link to the Facebook event. https://fb.me/e/1N13T1oFQ

***Admin Edit from kidsmoke: Diane has advised me that the photo shoot time has been moved to 2:00 p.m.

Everybody don your Wilco finery and come join us for a SSF 7 commemorative photo!!! :rock

Edited by kidsmoke
Time change for photo shoot
  • Like 1
On 5/13/2022 at 1:26 PM, u2roolz said:

JUST noticed that this screenshot captured my Instagram/Tweet about Terry & #nrbq (I'm Stan T. Man). Cool!

• Like 1