Solid Sound May 27-29 2022

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven’t posted in over a year and a half, but I have a Wilco Holiday Spirit anecdote to foist, I mean share. We have always wanted to go to Solid Sound, but, being teachers, June is when we go on ou

The beef jerky is done. I've sampled it enough to confidently say, this is an excellent batch. In fact I sampled it enough that I made myself pack it up and put it in the freezer so I wouldn't sample

Lighting out shortly for Brooklyn, and in the morning North Adams. Can’t Wait. It’s been a minute since I last pointed the car towards WesternMass.    Safe travels to all my fellow fans.  See

Posted Images

3 hours ago, jff said:

Check your emails.  Supposedly SS ticket holders were just given access to the new album.

Thanks for the tip! The email was in my junk folder.

• Like 1
On 5/20/2022 at 6:59 AM, d. boony said:

Do  you mind sharing the email address it arrived from?

Wilco HQ <hq@wilcoworld.net>

I can’t seem to find the email with the “Cruel Country” access code. I did receive my digital tickets for the festival at the same email address where I get my Wilco HQ emails. I’ve checked junk mail as well. If anyone has advice I would greatly appreciate it. Really looking forward to hearing the new record before Friday night. Thanks in advance for any help!

6 minutes ago, njb75 said:

I can’t seem to find the email with the “Cruel Country” access code. I did receive my digital tickets for the festival at the same email address where I get my Wilco HQ emails. I’ve checked junk mail as well. If anyone has advice I would greatly appreciate it. Really looking forward to hearing the new record before Friday night. Thanks in advance for any help!

Send an email to hq@wilcoworld.net with proof that you have tickets to Solid Sound. Several people have done this and received a code.

1 hour ago, chisoxjtrain said:

Send an email to hq@wilcoworld.net with proof that you have tickets to Solid Sound. Several people have done this and received a code.

Thanks for the advice. I just sent Wilco HQ an email. Can't wait to dig into these new songs!

Lighting out shortly for Brooklyn, and in the morning North Adams. Can’t Wait. It’s been a minute since I last pointed the car towards WesternMass. 

Safe travels to all my fellow fans. 
See ya at Joe’s. 

• Like 4
25 minutes ago, calvino said:

Man that stinks - I hardly ever fly, but I always thought airlines tried to get people a new flight, after cancelation. 

They did, tomorrow afternoon. I’d miss the second Wilco set. 

• Sad 2
19 minutes ago, chisoxjtrain said:

They did, tomorrow afternoon. I’d miss the second Wilco set. 

That sucks.  Can you get a cheap flight on Southwest?  They fly non-stop from Chicago to Albany.

I’ve been waiting 2 hours for the Tweedy and Friends review on After the Show, but decided to say it myself. Since I’m not bbop, I’ll say it here. David Byrne sang California Stars to close the festival. My wife and I were center stage, 2 people back. About 4 or 5 songs in, I saw a grey haired person in the wings stage left. Intrigued at who it was, I stared. I immediately said to my wife, I just saw David Fucking Byrne off stage! He went back out of sight. Much later he appeared again and people in the crowd started mumbling to each other and taking pictures. When he was introducing him, Jeff said something like ‘’This is one of the biggest thrills of my life’’. What a way to end it. Stage filled with the Tweedy band, Wilco, kids, 2 members of Eleventh Dream Day, and David Byrne at the center of it all.

20220529_182924.jpg

• Like 4

I wonder if Memorial Day weekend will become the new standard for Solid Sound. Anyone have a sense, or know why it moved from late June? Sunday certainly seemed to benefit from the holiday weekend -- it was much more crowded than I can remember in previous years -- clearly a win for the vendors and performers and the festival as a whole. I always loved late June -- and selfishly the trip is easier to make with school schedules and things. But I'll take a weekend in North Adams whenever Wilco can make it happen and whenever it's best for the town and the museum.

And unless I misheard, Jeff mentioned on Saturday night that they'd planned this particular festival three times. Were they actually considering a 2020 festival on the heels of 2019? Or did Jeff thrown an extra year in there, easily done given the time warp of the pandemic? Or did I just mishear?

7 minutes ago, unifiedtheory said:

I wonder if Memorial Day weekend will become the new standard for Solid Sound. Anyone have a sense, or know why it moved from late June? Sunday certainly seemed to benefit from the holiday weekend -- it was much more crowded than I can remember in previous years -- clearly a win for the vendors and performers and the festival as a whole. I always loved late June -- and selfishly the trip is easier to make with school schedules and things. But I'll take a weekend in North Adams whenever Wilco can make it happen and whenever it's best for the town and the museum.

And unless I misheard, Jeff mentioned on Saturday night that they'd planned this particular festival three times. Were they actually considering a 2020 festival on the heels of 2019? Or did Jeff thrown an extra year in there, easily done given the time warp of the pandemic? Or did I just mishear?

They are booked for festivals in Europe late June this year. This would not have been the case had it taken place in 2021, I would expect them to return to the normal weekend. Whether next one will be 2023 or 2024 remains to be seen. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, summerdai said:

They are booked for festivals in Europe late June this year. This would not have been the case had it taken place in 2021, I would expect them to return to the normal weekend. Whether next one will be 2023 or 2024 remains to be seen. 

Solid Sounds/MASSMoCA socials said 2024

• Like 1