Solid Sound May 27-29 2022

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven’t posted in over a year and a half, but I have a Wilco Holiday Spirit anecdote to foist, I mean share. We have always wanted to go to Solid Sound, but, being teachers, June is when we go on ou

The beef jerky is done. I've sampled it enough to confidently say, this is an excellent batch. In fact I sampled it enough that I made myself pack it up and put it in the freezer so I wouldn't sample

Lighting out shortly for Brooklyn, and in the morning North Adams. Can’t Wait. It’s been a minute since I last pointed the car towards WesternMass.    Safe travels to all my fellow fans.  See

Posted Images

I certainly hope this site's not dead because I prefer it over the social media groups. I was completely taken by surprise when I saw the announcement the other night. My little group of Solid Sounders lost the great house we had in 2019, but I understand that we procured lodging in Williamstown. I'm just excited that it's one month closer than I expected. 

• Like 2

I agree with Boss_Tweedy on all accounts!  Once the lineup is announced, I'll bet a few more VCers chime in. 

Jeff's announcement came pretty late in evening for those of us on the east coast.  It was a mad late-night rush to find alternate accommodations for our group, but we did it.  Can't wait to get back to the Berkshires!

On 7/21/2021 at 10:58 AM, Boss_Tweedy said:

I certainly hope this site's not dead because I prefer it over the social media groups. I was completely taken by surprise when I saw the announcement the other night. My little group of Solid Sounders lost the great house we had in 2019, but I understand that we procured lodging in Williamstown. I'm just excited that it's one month closer than I expected. 

Well said! By the way there’s a great downtown breakfast place right on the little downtown bridge. Fine lunch, dinner, and service. Stayed in Williamstown 2 Solids ago. Oh wait that’s Wilmington VT. Never mind…..

• Like 1

I'm super happy to be looking forward to actual Solid Sound! I am curious why the switch to Memorial Day Weekend - was anything mentioned about that? I've grown quite fond of the end of June/official Beginning of Summer slot.

Will be interesting to see what the Friday night theme night will be, if anything? Maybe they finally debut a new album in entirety at the festival? They were so close with Star Wars... and that would have blown people's minds too.

11 hours ago, Yaz Rock said:

I'm super happy to be looking forward to actual Solid Sound! I am curious why the switch to Memorial Day Weekend - was anything mentioned about that? I've grown quite fond of the end of June/official Beginning of Summer slot.

Will be interesting to see what the Friday night theme night will be, if anything? Maybe they finally debut a new album in entirety at the festival? They were so close with Star Wars... and that would have blown people's minds too.

I think that rescheduled festival in Europe kinda squashed the regular last weekend in June. Not sure how “binding” those kinds of things are but seems like it wasn’t something they could just abandon. 

As for Friday - I love the idea of a new record. Sure seems like the perfect time/place for that. And maybe A.M. all the way through (“where it started / where it is” kinda vibe). 

Last weekend I saw pics of my group's new place and the list of my housemates, and I'm already excited. It can't get here soon enough!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/28/2021 at 9:24 PM, tinnitus photography said:

my airbnb canceled on me already and it's memorial day weekend so i might just say fuck it and shoot Boston Calling instead. 

ugh. finding a place to stay is by far the worst part of the festival. 

I hear that. Struck out for Air BNB's the day the festival was announced. I'm sure more places will pop up. but the festival + holiday weekend means they are not gonna be cheap ....

Ended up booking some rooms at the best western in Bennington as a fallback and they were almost filled up.

On 8/16/2021 at 7:36 PM, sinko25 said:

I hear that. Struck out for Air BNB's the day the festival was announced. I'm sure more places will pop up. but the festival + holiday weekend means they are not gonna be cheap ....

Ended up booking some rooms at the best western in Bennington as a fallback and they were almost filled up.

I have an, ahem, special birthday in 2022 so had been considering travelling from the UK to Solid Sound to celebrate. 

Obviously I don't know the area well at all. It sounds like accommodation is going to be a problem. What do folks normally do? Is public transport to outlying areas an option even? 

I rang the campsite even but the staff there seemed unclear on when they would allow bookings.

If anyone had tips or advice that would be greatly appreciated before I invest in transatlantic plane tickets! 

19 minutes ago, jocko said:

I have an, ahem, special birthday in 2022 so had been considering travelling from the UK to Solid Sound to celebrate. 

Obviously I don't know the area well at all. It sounds like accommodation is going to be a problem. What do folks normally do? Is public transport to outlying areas an option even? 

I rang the campsite even but the staff there seemed unclear on when they would allow bookings.

If anyone had tips or advice that would be greatly appreciated before I invest in transatlantic plane tickets! 

I also have a special birthday next year and also from the UK originally!

No public transport, believe there have been shuttle buses sometimes to popular areas nearby

I have been twice, first time I stayed in a motel in Wilmington, Vermont which was about a 25 minute drive away. 2nd time I stayed in student dorms in town, about 15 minutes walk away. That is a great location but no air conditioning and pretty uncomfortable rooms for quite a lot of money. I have heard this will be an option again in 2022.

This time I have booked a place in Williamstown which is very close but still need to drive. all rooms there are gone, but you may find some in Wilmington. And keep checking. 

Would suggest you join the Solid Sound facebook page as they have much more going on than here these days.

9 hours ago, summerdai said:

I also have a special birthday next year and also from the UK originally!

No public transport, believe there have been shuttle buses sometimes to popular areas nearby

I have been twice, first time I stayed in a motel in Wilmington, Vermont which was about a 25 minute drive away. 2nd time I stayed in student dorms in town, about 15 minutes walk away. That is a great location but no air conditioning and pretty uncomfortable rooms for quite a lot of money. I have heard this will be an option again in 2022.

This time I have booked a place in Williamstown which is very close but still need to drive. all rooms there are gone, but you may find some in Wilmington. And keep checking. 

Would suggest you join the Solid Sound facebook page as they have much more going on than here these days.

Thanks summerdai - that's much appreciated and I will look at the Facebook page. 

I was hoping not to have to drive when I was in the States but sounds like that might not be option. 

Thanks again - see you there!

22 hours ago, jocko said:

I was able to get Ubers to get to and from the venue in 2019, but sometimes 'just barely.'

On 8/24/2021 at 1:48 AM, jocko said:

Thanks summerdai - that's much appreciated and I will look at the Facebook page. 

I was hoping not to have to drive when I was in the States but sounds like that might not be option. 

Thanks again - see you there!

Yeps see you there.

Believe there have been shuttles from NYC or Boston previously not sure though.

• Thanks 1
  • 3 months later...

3 day pass $199

"Friends of festival" $424

FOF + lodging at Tourists $3600-4100 !!

FOF + Lodging at Williams Inn $2400!!

College Residence Hall  for 2 $585 (3 nights)

The last one was $405 in 2019 which I thought was pricey for what it was - no AC, shared bathrooms, minimal furniture and bedding, but in North Adams

4 hours ago, summerdai said:

3 day pass $199

"Friends of festival" $424

FOF + lodging at Tourists $3600-4100 !!

FOF + Lodging at Williams Inn $2400!!

College Residence Hall  for 2 $585 (3 nights)

The last one was $405 in 2019 which I thought was pricey for what it was - no AC, shared bathrooms, minimal furniture and bedding, but in North Adams

I'm thinking the 3-day pass is probably the best choice for me. 

I think my wife and I are going for it and doing Solid Sound this year!

We booked a room in an Airbnb about 40 minutes outside North Adams that was comparable to the price of most of the camping around the area. We would have also had to rent camping equipment or a camper van, as we will be flying out from CA and a room seemed the cheaper option.

We are going to grab the earlybird passes on Friday. So excited!

• Like 1