Wilco - Cousin - New Album

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Via a Hoffmann Music Forum user:   From Uncut: 9/10 review: “If there’s any criticism to be leveled at Le Bon’s production work, it’s that her fingerprints are often audibly all over the

Stumbled upon it by accident - I was trying to look up some Cruel Country lyrics and thought the blank space in the discography page seemed a little strange. Hovered over and there it was.  No ar

🚨🚨🚨 Cousin (the song) is available, in full, right now!  🚨🚨🚨 This record is going to be really special 🥲    

Posted Images

Jeff mentioned putting songs in two stacks when things started taking off with the boys in the loft. The country stuff seemed to be coming faster and the spirit of the moment so they left a stack of "weird" songs that were coming along to be the next thing. It sounds like the goal is something more challenging and artsy. I'm down.

• Like 1

Yes! Could probably assume this is that "sculpted art pop" record mentioned in the Aquarium Drunkard interview from the Cruel Country press cycle. I know Jeff is a big admirer of Cate Le Bon and I'd personally be thrilled if some of that influence found its way on to a Wilco record <3

"AD: Wilco was in the midst of making another record, but changed gears to make Cruel Country. What was the other record like? 

Jeff Tweedy: We started on a record before the pandemic and had been chipping away at it. It’s pretty sculpted art pop. It’s alien. The songs are alien shapes, maybe what people think of when they think of the element in Wilco that is “experimental” or something like that. But you know, adjectives kind of fail me. I don’t wanna say “weird” but it’s a more searching type of record, searching for something we haven’t heard before, pushing ourselves and challenging ourselves to make a record that feels worthwhile to add to the pile of records that we’ve made.

I think that other record is gonna blow people’s minds. I’m really, really excited about putting it out. But Cruel Country just felt like the right thing to do right now. We were reestablishing a vocabulary that we have with each other, and we were just digging it. It just felt like riding a wave. Everybody’s having a great time and playing their asses off and feeling good about listening back to everything with each other. None of us felt like we wanted to slow that momentum down and really hone in on this more deliberate recording."

• Like 3
4 hours ago, DiamondClaw said:

Really looking forward to this. Not that I didn't like Cruel Country — I did, for the most part — but my level of anticipation for this one feels higher. Anyone think they might get it out by this fall?

I think, probably fall, maybe early 2024 after the holidays, given the way their touring schedule takes a bit of hiatus towards the end of any given calendar year. They’ll prob announce something a SBS, if I was a gambling type of lady I would probably bet on it. 

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, SarahC said:

I think, probably fall, maybe early 2024 after the holidays, given the way their touring schedule takes a bit of hiatus towards the end of any given calendar year. They’ll prob announce something a SBS, if I was a gambling type of lady I would probably bet on it. 

Here's hoping for sooner rather than later! While it seems like the Cruel Country cycle has pretty much run its course now, I would understand if they want to take a beat. But, on the other hand... why wait?? :hyper:lol

2 hours ago, lost highway said:

Wai- wai- what? How? Where? What was it like? So many questions!

Loft tour back in August. I don't know how to attach a Youtube video on forums, but there's a video of the song from the Tweedy Show called "Say You Love Me Again." It was hauntingly beautiful.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, theashtraysays said:

Gone now… apparently somebody at hq reads VC !!!

IMG_7221.png

I feel like we just got in trouble for peeking at the Christmas presents when mom and dad weren't home. Sorry, Wilco. We'll wait for the holiday!

• Haha 3
9 hours ago, heychicken said:

wilco.jpg

Woo! How'd you find it?

Did any artwork show up and did those lyric buttons next to the titles work?

Hopefully this means there's an announcement soon. I would think so if they're adding it to the website.  

Woo! How'd you find it?

Did any artwork show up and did those lyric buttons next to the titles work?

Hopefully this means there's an announcement soon. I would think so if they're adding it to the website.  

Stumbled upon it by accident - I was trying to look up some Cruel Country lyrics and thought the blank space in the discography page seemed a little strange. Hovered over and there it was. 

No artwork or lyrics attached just yet - but am very much looking forward to an official announcement when it's ready to drop. 

Didn't mean to blow up the band's or website staff's spot too much. Got excited when I saw it and figured this was the place that would be most appreciated/the folks whose jaws would drop if they saw the same as I had. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
1 hour ago, heychicken said:

Stumbled upon it by accident - I was trying to look up some Cruel Country lyrics and thought the blank space in the discography page seemed a little strange. Hovered over and there it was. 

No artwork or lyrics attached just yet - but am very much looking forward to an official announcement when it's ready to drop. 

Didn't mean to blow up the band's or website staff's spot too much. Got excited when I saw it and figured this was the place that would be most appreciated/the folks whose jaws would drop if they saw the same as I had. 

You scooped the Shot in the Arm Facebook group. Well done.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, heychicken said:

Didn't mean to blow up the band's or website staff's spot too much. 

No harm done - no one looks here much any more B) Nobody here but us chickens, to apply a phrase apt to your username.

Hope this is out before August, as I've kind of got into a mindset that I won't see them live again until there is a more upbeat album. Hoping this is it.

• Analogman changed the title to Wilco - Cousin - New Album