Wilco - Cousin - New Album

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Via a Hoffmann Music Forum user:   From Uncut: 9/10 review: “If there’s any criticism to be leveled at Le Bon’s production work, it’s that her fingerprints are often audibly all over the

Stumbled upon it by accident - I was trying to look up some Cruel Country lyrics and thought the blank space in the discography page seemed a little strange. Hovered over and there it was.  No ar

🚨🚨🚨 Cousin (the song) is available, in full, right now!  🚨🚨🚨 This record is going to be really special 🥲    

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

They'll probably use the upcoming European tour to test the waters and play some new songs, like they did in 2019 just before the release of OTJ. Last European date is 9/9 and the American leg of the tour starts at 9/26, so my guess for a release date would be 9/15 or 9/22. For announcement + first single I'm going with first week of July.

• Like 1

I’m think the announce/ single will be one of the 2 following weeks: 

week of July 18 or 

week of August 10 

both are when tour dates start up so would make sense..

my money is still on a release around November 7 when the new book comes out. 

• Like 1

My money is on announcing the new record on National Cousins Day which happens to be on a Monday. Monday the 24th of July. 

I also realized recently that Jeff performed another song from the upcoming record on The Tweedy Show: Meant To Be. That one was done on Episode 165 and was untitled, but featured the line “our love is meant to be.” Pretty sure it’s the same song. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
On 7/3/2023 at 3:13 PM, u2roolz said:

My money is on announcing the new record on National Cousins Day which happens to be on a Monday. Monday the 24th of July. 

I also realized recently that Jeff performed another song from the upcoming record on The Tweedy Show: Meant To Be. That one was done on Episode 165 and was untitled, but featured the line “our love is meant to be.” Pretty sure it’s the same song. 

I guess that National Cousins Day idea is as good as any... only because Google tells me both National Vanilla Pudding Day and National Chocolate Pudding Day already passed. :lol (May 22 and June 26, evidently!)

• Haha 1
59 minutes ago, DiamondClaw said:

I guess that National Cousins Day idea is as good as any... only because Google tells me both National Vanilla Pudding Day and National Chocolate Pudding Day already passed. :lol (May 22 and June 26, evidently!)

Damn! What good is having an iCalendar on my iPhone without these important dates included?! Do better, Tim Apple!

Anyways, I regret to inform you that we all missed National Bowls Day on June 3rd. Pretty sure that was just a Canadian holiday, but I would have celebrated if I had known…

edited for justice purposes: what about National Butterscotch Pudding Day? 

• Haha 2
7 hours ago, u2roolz said:

edited for justice purposes: what about National Butterscotch Pudding Day? 

I have a box of butterscotch pudding signed by Jeff Tweedy at the end of the YHF Tour. True story! :P

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...

I caught the new song on XRT and thought it was very good! It was in the "breezy pop" Wilco style, with a distinctly Tweedy melody. Maybe in the vein of "Taste the Ceiling" or the less-twangy songs from Cruel Country like "Tired of Taking it Out on You" or "Hearts Hard to Find," but with a touch more production.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, DiamondClaw said:

I caught the new song on XRT and thought it was very good! It was in the "breezy pop" Wilco style, with a distinctly Tweedy melody. Maybe in the vein of "Taste the Ceiling" or the less-twangy songs from Cruel Country like "Tired of Taking it Out on You" or "Hearts Hard to Find," but with a touch more production.

I must say, this is not the description I was hoping for of the first single off the supposed "art pop" record, but I will strive to retain my tabula rasa and trust my dudes.

• Like 1