Saw My Morning Jacket & Durand Jones on Saturday. What a great show to end my concert quarantine! The show started at 7:00 to avoid any issues with the venue 11:00 curfew. I didn't know anything about Jones & he was a pleasant surprise. Good retro soul. This was the second & final night for MMJ & they were totally on. Played a little over 2.5 hours. It appears they aren't doing "One Big Holiday" every night. Luckily I picked the right night. Actually there were a lot of changes in the setlist over the 2 nights. When the band was taking a bow, Carl Broemel was communicating with someone down in the front & held up a finger & mouthed "one more?". The band did an impromptu "Mahgeetah" to end the evening. Next up, Wilco & Young Fresh Fellows on 10/13. Can't wait!

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wilco.    Noteworthy as this is my 100th Wilco show. 

Despite all the controversy with the Springsteen tickets I managed to score decent seats on the verified fan sale in about 10 minutes yesterday. I got ADA seats 4 rows back behind the stage. Those sea

As promised, here's some pictures of the Beths on Friday night. As I don't drink they put me at the side of the stage in the all ages area. A guy was there with his 13 year old daughter. He wasn't fam

Posted Images

Hobo Johnson. Taking my 17 year old daughter to her first club show. If you've never heard of Hobo Johnson, check out his Tiny Desk Concert. I find him endlessly creative, funny, neurotic, and entertaining. 

My daughter can drive, but I told her I wanted to come, hang out in the back, and try not to embarrass her.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, kidsmoke said:

Saw Night Shop (Justin Sullivan) at Gold-Diggers in L.A. tonight. Had a massive good time, still can't wind down at almost 3 a.m! He just gets better and better.

20211104_220307.jpg

20211104_220324.jpg

Great shots Donna!! Wish I could have been there. 
Get some sleep!

• Like 1

Saw Dylan last night.

Well, Jakob Dylan and the Wallflowers.  It was good.  I am not particularly a fan so I didn't have many expectations.  Aside from the hits and a Petty cover, I didn't know any of the songs.  But it was solid.  And he was definitely a more engaged performer than any time I have ever seen his father.