• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wilco.    Noteworthy as this is my 100th Wilco show. 

Despite all the controversy with the Springsteen tickets I managed to score decent seats on the verified fan sale in about 10 minutes yesterday. I got ADA seats 4 rows back behind the stage. Those sea

As promised, here's some pictures of the Beths on Friday night. As I don't drink they put me at the side of the stage in the all ages area. A guy was there with his 13 year old daughter. He wasn't fam

Posted Images

Trying to remain optimistic in difficult times, I scored front row center tickets for Placebo in September. They are considered ADA seats in the (old) theater. I actually scored these 2 nights in a row for Wilco when they had the stage with all the leaves. Nice! The ticket prices were realistic for Placebo so it's not much of a gamble. The difference between Europe & US on venue size for Placebo is pretty vast. In Europe, they can sell out multiple nights in big arenas. In the US, it's small theaters for the most part.

• Like 2

After staying out of the concert pool for three months, I'm diving back in this weekend:

Friday:  Hiss Golden Messenger

Saturday:  Parquet Courts and Mdou Moctar

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, Chez said:

After staying out of the concert pool for three months, I'm diving back in this weekend:

Saw PC last Halloween. They were a knockout. Have fun!

• Like 3
3 hours ago, chuckrh said:

Trying to remain optimistic in difficult times, I scored front row center tickets for Placebo in September. They are considered ADA seats in the (old) theater. I actually scored these 2 nights in a row for Wilco when they had the stage with all the leaves. Nice! The ticket prices were realistic for Placebo so it's not much of a gamble. The difference between Europe & US on venue size for Placebo is pretty vast. In Europe, they can sell out multiple nights in big arenas. In the US, it's small theaters for the most part.

Nice I just grabbed Placebo tickets for NYC. You’re right about their USA popularity. I have seen them a few times over the years in NYC at fairly small venues. 

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, Chez said:

Parquet Courts are the best band out of the last decade in my opinon. I have put some videos from their shows I just saw look me up on YouTube and enjoy!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Chez said:

Would you know when the Riv started to sell separate tickets for the floor and various balconies? Been a long while since I bought tickets for a Riviera show, but I don't remember seeing that before.

1 hour ago, calvino said:

Would you know when the Riv started to sell separate tickets for the floor and various balconies? Been a long while since I bought tickets for a Riviera show, but I don't remember seeing that before.

This is the first show at the Riv that I've seen that.  But I bought tickets to two other Riv shows for later in the summer last week and they both had the same feature.  I know the Riv is now using the AXS platform.  Tickets in the mezzanine and balconies all are assigned seating.  

31 minutes ago, Chez said:

This is the first show at the Riv that I've seen that.  But I bought tickets to two other Riv shows for later in the summer last week and they both had the same feature.  I know the Riv is now using the AXS platform.  Tickets in the mezzanine and balconies all are assigned seating.  

Interesting. Didn't realize it was assigned balcony seating, too.

Typically I always stayed on the main floor -- but the couple of times we went up to the balcony, the brisk walk up the stairs to nab a great seat was a hoot. 

I don't remember ever seeing seat numbers - but I can be wrong about that. 

I guess the venue/promotor gets a bit more dough this way, too.

42 minutes ago, remphish1 said:

Don’t know them I’ll look them up! Enjoy 😎

I’m expecting them to be kind of like The Dirty Dozen Brass Band, but with an Indian twist.  I really don’t know what to expect.  But it gets me out of the house.  :lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, brownie said:

I’m expecting them to be kind of like The Dirty Dozen Brass Band, but with an Indian twist.  I really don’t know what to expect.  But it gets me out of the house.  :lol

This was really great, by the way.  Their records do not do them justice at all.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, remphish1 said:

Tame Impala 

I love Tame Impala. Sadly, they haven't done a proper stand alone show in the Seattle area. It's all been festivals or @ the Gorge which is a 2.5 hour drive each way. Spectacular venue but a monstrous pain in the @$$!

58 minutes ago, chuckrh said:

I love Tame Impala. Sadly, they haven't done a proper stand alone show in the Seattle area. It's all been festivals or @ the Gorge which is a 2.5 hour drive each way. Spectacular venue but a monstrous pain in the @$$!

Ahh that stinks! I feel for those who can’t easily see bands they like. I am very fortunate I am not a far drive from NYC and Philly. They keep adding dates hope you get a chance soon!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, remphish1 said:

Tame Impala 

Have a great time and let me know how the show(s) are!  

I was so disappointed when they only scheduled shows in Brooklyn this time.  

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, brownie said:

Have a great time and let me know how the show(s) are!  

I was so disappointed when they only scheduled shows in Brooklyn this time.  

Will do yeah it’s a pain to get to but Tame Impala is one of my favorites from last 10 years so there I go 😅

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, remphish1 said:

Going in two weeks 🙌🏻

Get to show on time. No opener. They started promptly at 8:00 & ended @ 10:00. Was home by 10:30. Us older folks appreciate that haha. Hurting bad today though. Next: Nick Cave on Thursday.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, chuckrh said:

Get to show on time. No opener. They started promptly at 8:00 & ended @ 10:00. Was home by 10:30. Us older folks appreciate that haha. Hurting bad today though. Next: Nick Cave on Thursday.

Thanks appreciate the info! I’ll got a seat too so I’ll be ok 😎def like the earlier shows especially on a week day!

• Like 2