• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wilco.    Noteworthy as this is my 100th Wilco show. 

Despite all the controversy with the Springsteen tickets I managed to score decent seats on the verified fan sale in about 10 minutes yesterday. I got ADA seats 4 rows back behind the stage. Those sea

das Wilco's  

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, remphish1 said:

Washed Out!

Why have I never heard of this person?  I just did some listening. This is totally up my alley.  You have to let me know how you discover music.  :)

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, brownie said:

Why have I never heard of this person?  I just did some listening. This is totally up my alley.  You have to let me know how you discover music.  :)

Usually off pandora or Sirius XMU channel 35. I probably discovered Washed Out on Tame Impala’s channel! Glad you like it Washed out is one of my top favorites of last 10 years! 😌

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, remphish1 said:

Usually off pandora or Sirius XMU channel 35. I probably discovered Washed Out on Tame Impala’s channel! Glad you like it Washed out is one of my top favorites of last 10 years! 😌

Yes, I definitely picked up on the Tame Impala similarity, but it’s not too similar.  It is much more similar to a lot of what I call “chill out” music.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, brownie said:

Yes, I definitely picked up on the Tame Impala similarity, but it’s not too similar.  It is much more similar to a lot of what I call “chill out” music.

Yeah way more laid back than Tame different vibe for sure and as you said very chill out. 

• Like 1

Just got home from the most fabulous Record Release Party for the brilliant Justin Sullivan of Night Shop, at Zebulon in L.A, one of my favorite clubs. Anna St. Louis opened with a gorgeous set, and after a break Justin blasted onstage with his band & "Forever Night", the title cut of the newly-released album. The crowd outdoors on the patio quickly moved inside and from there on it was a pure party. SO much fun, damn but he's good! The place was jumpin'!:banana

https://youtu.be/CyGKQ4LXq7k

My husband and I ran into Justin's former bandmate (Babies) & an alumnus of Solid Sound, Kevin Morby, there to help Justin celebrate. Kevin stuck to cheering as an audience member. What a great show!!!

It's 2:17 a.m. and I can't wind down. :rock

20220212_215746.jpg

20220212_221251.jpg

• Like 3
10 hours ago, tinnitus photography said:

i don't remember Justin in The Babies but i did see them once because of the Morby and Cassie/Vivian Girls connection. I liked this song a lot back in the day, will have to check out Justin's work.

He and Cassie were a couple for awhile.

Night Shop's 2018 album, "In the Break", is a great place to begin listening. John Stirratt is a huge fan of this album too. I'm just learning the newest album (Forever Night) but I can tell I'm going to love it. The title track is a lot of fun. I'm a sucker for a terrific lyric and Justin always has an interesting perspective! I could listen to him all day. 

He's also a phenomenal live performer!

• Like 1

The legendary Bobby Rush, Lightnin' Malcolm & R.L. Boyce, and Sharde Thomas (granddaughter of Otha Turner) and the Rising Star Fife & Drum Band at the grand opening of the Ground Zero Blues Club (co-owned by Morgan Freeman) in Biloxi, Mississippi. I almost skipped the show because I've had a very busy day, but I'm so glad I went. At 87 Bobby Rush still brings it. I'm gonna take advantage of every opportunity I have to see him perform. 

• Like 3
15 hours ago, chuckrh said:

Way over 2 years since I bought the tickets finally seeing Drive-by Truckers tonight. It will be a challenge as I had a rugged week with doctors & medicine being practiced on me. If all goes well, The War on Drugs to follow on Tuesday.

May the rock gods be with you! And I hope some good is gotten from your treatments.:thumbup

• Like 1

The show was great but I'm paying a high price today. After many years & shows from DBT I finally got to see them play "Angels & Fuselage" live. Such an amazing song. It & Southern Rock Opera were what got me into the band in the first place. That song never fails to give me chills. Unfortunately it has become sort of a theme song for me the last year. I'm going to keep going to shows as long as I can but it's getting very difficult & painful. I've got a bunch in the next few months but I'm definitely taking the health stuff into account now as far as buying tickets go. Hoping things improve enough for me to go to see NIN in Oregon in September. Right now it's out of the question though. Fingers crossed.

• Like 3
On 2/13/2022 at 10:34 PM, kidsmoke said:

He and Cassie were a couple for awhile.

Night Shop's 2018 album, "In the Break", is a great place to begin listening. John Stirratt is a huge fan of this album too. I'm just learning the newest album (Forever Night) but I can tell I'm going to love it. The title track is a lot of fun. I'm a sucker for a terrific lyric and Justin always has an interesting perspective! I could listen to him all day. 

He's also a phenomenal live performer!

Justin was also in Kevin’s band when he first went solo and moved from NYC to LA before deciding to take a break then starting his own project. He also has done freelance writing, an extremely talented guy!

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, chuckrh said:

I've got a pretty good 2 week run coming up starting Monday. Sparks, Nick Cave & Guided by Voices. Hopefully I'll be up for them. BTW: Nick Cave is an expensive old guy now.

Nice run for sure…  I got a ton also coming up Tame Impala twice, Gary Numan, Sparks and Buddy Guy. Real excited to see Sparks never seen them before! 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, remphish1 said:

Nice run for sure…  I got a ton also coming up Tame Impala twice, Gary Numan, Sparks and Buddy Guy. Real excited to see Sparks never seen them before! 

Me too on Sparks. I've been listening to them a lot lately. Severely underrated band. Lots of great songs. Probably good to see them now as both brothers are in their 70s. I think Ron is 78 & word is he's looking a bit frail. I heard a tape of their recent show in LA & they sound fantastic.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, chuckrh said:

Me too on Sparks. I've been listening to them a lot lately. Severely underrated band. Lots of great songs. Probably good to see them now as both brothers are in their 70s. I think Ron is 78 & word is he's looking a bit frail. I heard a tape of their recent show in LA & they sound fantastic.

Yes I realize time maybe limited to see sparks I’m glad I have one coming up soon. Enjoy the shows!! 

• Like 1