• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wilco.    Noteworthy as this is my 100th Wilco show. 

Despite all the controversy with the Springsteen tickets I managed to score decent seats on the verified fan sale in about 10 minutes yesterday. I got ADA seats 4 rows back behind the stage. Those sea

Peter Gabriel 

Posted Images

On 12/3/2021 at 1:33 PM, Chez said:

Saturday:  Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit

I saw them Saturday. So damn good. Closed with an absolutely fantastic version of the Stones' Can't You Hear Me Knocking. I am, IIRC, 0 for 6 for shows with Amanda Shires being part of the 400 Unit. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, uncool2pillow said:

I saw them Saturday. So damn good. Closed with an absolutely fantastic version of the Stones' Can't You Hear Me Knocking. I am, IIRC, 0 for 6 for shows with Amanda Shires being part of the 400 Unit. 

We got there early (Rust Belt in East Moline) and were on the rail.  Jason has gotten so popular that the shows he plays in Chicago are at venues that don't have "a rail" so this was a great night.  Wish I had known you were going to be there - I would have introduced myself.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, chuckrh said:

I was supposed to go see X tonight but luckily I checked my calendar before buying the tickets. Found I have chemo this morning so a show tonight is right out. Things start getting busy on the show front for me in February.

Oh wow 😕Hope you’re treatments aren’t bad and you recover quickly! 

23 hours ago, remphish1 said:

Oh wow 😕Hope you’re treatments aren’t bad and you recover quickly! 

Thank you. I've been doing various cocktails for years. I have a really rare & aggressive version of rheumatoid arthritis & the chemo is in hope of slowing the progression some. Some work for awhile but the effectiveness goes away eventually. I'm at the end of the line pretty much of what is available at this point. This cocktail isn't pleasant but it's not the worst I've been on. I should be sort of ok by Monday. I'm just anxious for this year to end as it's been extra brutal on the health front. Next year isn't looking too good at this point but fingers crossed things improve. Although it's not typical, the RA is attacking my spine & I'll probably need some really major surgery in the not too distant future. We're trying a delaying tactic on that front, too. Appreciate the sentiment from you.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, chuckrh said:

Thank you. I've been doing various cocktails for years. I have a really rare & aggressive version of rheumatoid arthritis & the chemo is in hope of slowing the progression some. Some work for awhile but the effectiveness goes away eventually. I'm at the end of the line pretty much of what is available at this point. This cocktail isn't pleasant but it's not the worst I've been on. I should be sort of ok by Monday. I'm just anxious for this year to end as it's been extra brutal on the health front. Next year isn't looking too good at this point but fingers crossed things improve. Although it's not typical, the RA is attacking my spine & I'll probably need some really major surgery in the not too distant future. We're trying a delaying tactic on that front, too. Appreciate the sentiment from you.

Wow that’s intense. Sending positive vibes! 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, chuckrh said:

Really sorry to hear this.  I have become an autoimmune disease patient myself this year - not RA, and nowhere near as bad as what you are going through - but I can appreciate the frustration of treatments that may or may not work for a while, and lousy side effects.  Try to hang in there.  I’m sure it must be very difficult for you.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, brownie said:

Really sorry to hear this.  I have become an autoimmune disease patient myself this year - not RA, and nowhere near as bad as what you are going through - but I can appreciate the frustration of treatments that may or may not work for a while, and lousy side effects.  Try to hang in there.  I’m sure it must be very difficult for you.

Thank you. I do the best I can but it's getting more difficult every day.

• Like 3
On 11/18/2021 at 4:05 AM, remphish1 said:

Hamilton Leithauser and Kevin Morby 

Morby dates Waxahatchee, who I've been musically obsessed with the past 2 years. Going to catch her a few times in the spring  (opening for Isbell & the 400 something) at RR I think, but also a smaller thing or 2). No idea who the other guy is but hope you had fun.

• Like 1
On 12/14/2021 at 2:14 PM, Lammycat said:

Morby dates Waxahatchee, who I've been musically obsessed with the past 2 years. Going to catch her a few times in the spring  (opening for Isbell & the 400 something) at RR I think, but also a smaller thing or 2). No idea who the other guy is but hope you had fun.

Hamilton was the lead singer for the Walkmen they were such a great band I’m sad they broke up 10 years or so ago but check out their music it’s great!!

1 hour ago, Chez said:

Was supposed to go with the family to see Ratboys at Thalia Hall.  They cancelled.  Kind of relieved, but was looking forward to it. 

Same. Well, was supposed to go until I had to isolate myself. Glad they rescheduled to a date I can attend.

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...