• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wilco.    Noteworthy as this is my 100th Wilco show. 

Despite all the controversy with the Springsteen tickets I managed to score decent seats on the verified fan sale in about 10 minutes yesterday. I got ADA seats 4 rows back behind the stage. Those sea

As promised, here's some pictures of the Beths on Friday night. As I don't drink they put me at the side of the stage in the all ages area. A guy was there with his 13 year old daughter. He wasn't fam

Posted Images

5 hours ago, chuckrh said:

I listened to this band & don't get it. Don't read anything into that, it's just me. I'm old & set in my ways. Enjoy!

Yea, I'll see myself. Never seen them. My son and his friends are very much into them. I only know the current album, which I think is excellent. I'd be happy if they just played that. Don't know any of their other music. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Oil Can Boyd said:

I too am old and set in my ways - but I really like Big Thief and am also going tonight.  

It's at a new venue in town which I'm excited to see.  

I thought it was a great show. They rocked harder and more electric than I expected. The place was packed.

On 4/14/2022 at 7:26 AM, worldrecordplayer said:

I thought it was a great show. They rocked harder and more electric than I expected. The place was packed.

I agree on all counts.  I knew they were popular but I hadn't realized that they are that big.  Great show.  

On 4/16/2022 at 4:47 PM, worldrecordplayer said:

Road show for Tedeschi Trucks Band

Same for tonight - local show. 
Hope ya had a good time!

Touring in the age of Covid is such a high-wire act.  I saw Crowded House here in Sydney a few days ago and the band have just had to cancel the remaining dates of their Australian tour because Neil Finn has Covid.  Must be hellish in terms of logistics and insurance.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
14 hours ago, Plumplechook said:

Touring in the age of Covid is such a high-wire act.  I saw Crowded House here in Sydney a few days ago and the band have just had to cancel the remaining dates of their Australian tour because Neil Finn has Covid.  Must be hellish in terms of logistics and insurance.

Damon Krukowski (Galaxie 500; Damon & Naomi) just wrote about that:

https://dadadrummer.substack.com/p/masks-are-off?s=w

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Plumplechook said:

I saw Crowded House listed on a festival lineup in the states. Fingers crossed a proper tour ensues. I've been a huge Neil Finn fan for over 40 years. Have met him a few times, extremely nice guy. I even paid big bucks to go see him & Mike Campbell with Fleetwood Mac. It was totally worth it!

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Oil Can Boyd said:

Damon Krukowski (Galaxie 500; Damon & Naomi) just wrote about that:

https://dadadrummer.substack.com/p/masks-are-off?s=w

Damon is super smart. Just been listening to an episode of the Odd Lots podcast where he really clarifies why and how  musicians get screwed over by the streaming services.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-real-reason-so-many-musicians-are-frustrated-by-spotify/id1056200096?i=1000555923014

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Plumplechook said:

Damon is super smart. Just been listening to an episode of the Odd Lots podcast where he really clarifies why and how  musicians get screwed over by the streaming services.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-real-reason-so-many-musicians-are-frustrated-by-spotify/id1056200096?i=1000555923014

That was painful to read, on the day a nutcase FL judge decided mask mandates on planes aren't necessary. :realmad We are SO not out of the woods yet.

• Like 2

Scored great tickets for Dylan in Seattle. Spendy though, it was actually a little past what I wanted to spend. I just got my tax refund though. I've been seeing him since 1978 & figure there's a good chance this will be the last time. I heard an incredible tape from earlier in the tour. He's doing almost all of Rough & Rowdy Ways which is a great thing

• Like 2