"Yankee Hotel Foxtrot Engineer's Demos" Analysis?

me too. i had no idea these existed. i actually broke out the YHF demos the other week.

i really love Nothin Up My Sleeves. is there a different version on the Engineer Demos?

i recently asked jay's mgr if this was a Jay song (i thought it was because of the chord changes) and i was right. he said it won't be on the next album, but it may be on one in the future.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest chicken

i know that stuff on the wilco book cd is material from around the AGIB recording sessions.

but has any kind of demo collection or anything along those lines come out for AGIB?

thanks for putting it up for everyone, but that's too big for my 56k. i don't guess it's up in mp3 format somewhere?

what i'm really really interested in is if the version of Nothing Up My Sleeves is really different.

thanks for putting it up for everyone, but that's too big for my 56k. i don't guess it's up in mp3 format somewhere?

what i'm really really interested in is if the version of Nothing Up My Sleeves is really different.

No it's same as the regular demos.

--Mike

Boots - Thanks for posting the engineer's demos. I haven't been on the board for about a year. I used to trade a lot but had to take a break. Bought tickets to the Charlottesville show and decided to check out the boards again. Looking forward to checking out the Wilco I've been missing the past year- Thanks, Nate

• 2 weeks later...
Hey sorry to be a bore but can make these files mac/i-tunes compatable as it doesnt seem to work for me thank you :)

Agreed. Not to be greedy or anything, but does anyone have a 192 or VBR mp3 rip by chance?

Thanks in advance.

• 2 months later...

Just came across this thread and seen how many times ol' boots has uploaded these files...You deserve some award. Go buy yourself a brew, and put it on my tab, okay?

I've also just come across these engineer's demos. I've had the other demo collection for quite awhile. I feel that they are interesting from the standpoint that we are able to see the conversation and the "destruction" of each song by Tweedy and Co. I do feel, however, that the commercially available and released YHF is the best version. I think I read (maybe in Kot's book) Stirratt said that the original demos (with Coomer on drums) felt like Summerteeth 2. I can see that, especially with some of the songs sounding like a track that I would imagine hearing on Summerteeth.

My two cents. Boots, use these two cents towards your beer.

Cheers.

Glad to help. I keep a zipped copy at work that takes me all of 60 seconds to create a YSI it for.

Anyway just in case the old link is dead, here is a fresh one

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...4C7B6BD5A29ED64

oh and I'll take one of these bad boys....

3214.jpg

:cheers

"Good people drink good beer"----Flying Dog motto :cheers

Scott

• 2 months later...