3 songs off Sky Blue Sky available to listen to

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eh. They're decent tunes. I'm not blown away. I too like the vibe of the live "Walken" better. It has a force to it I'm not picking up here. Lyrically, "You Are My Face" is nice, but the tune isn't smacking me upside the head.

The tunes are out of context of the album, of course, and might work better for me in the album form they're set for. Who knows. Again, not bad, but I'm not sure I agree with a lot of the hype so far.

Just another opinion....

another note: these songs fit right in with The high Heat and Panthers. I made a make shift mix to keep myself busy:

You Are My Face

Walken

Either Way

The High Heat

Panthers

Long Time Ago

Radio King

When The Roses Bloom Again (Wilco version)

Won't Let You Down

Alone (alternate version)

Venus Stop The Train

Walk On (Neil Young cover)

Not for the season.

I honestly just cannot connect with these songs

it seems like wilco lost their depth

i don't think they're bad, but when i listen to you are my face, i think, "this is pretty good." When I put on muzzle of bees, panthers, or i am trying to break your heart, i think "wow, now this is beautiful." These new songs are just pleasant songs, to me. And god, that damn organ, and the intermittent farting nels solos make me cringe.

And i do agree with all the criticisms of walken.

The one thing i absolutely adore about the new songs is how the instruments sound, and the warm and "in your ear" production - just the sound of the piano and the guitars. And jeff's voice really does sound great now.

another note: these songs fit right in with The high Heat and Panthers. I made a make shift mix to keep myself busy:

You Are My Face

Walken

Either Way

The High Heat

Panthers

Long Time Ago

Radio King

When The Roses Bloom Again (Wilco version)

Won't Let You Down

Alone (alternate version)

Venus Stop The Train

Walk On (Neil Young cover)

Not for the season.

What's The High Heat? I've been away from Wilco for a long while.

I honestly just cannot connect with these songs

it seems like wilco lost their depth

i don't think they're bad, but when i listen to you are my face and put on muzzle of bees, panthers, or i am trying to break your heart, i think "wow, now this is beautiful." These songs are just songs, to me. And god, that damn organ, and the intermittent farting nels solos make me cringe.

And i do agree with all the criticisms of walken.

The one thing i absolutely adore about the new songs is how the instruments sound, and the warm and "in your ear" production - just the sound of the piano and the guitars. And jeff's voice really does sound great now.

Those "farting" solos are Jeff.

ummm...the either way solo? that just goes akhslkdjgfaksghpaks;dfkasjhlblurpblurp is definitely nels.

It's great that a lot of people love these, and maybe my opinion will change may 15th, but i'm just not feelin these new songs

You guys are all absouletly bonkers. I'm 18, and I think these songs rock. They aren't mabye bashing away, but they still have great energy. The one thing I could ever slight (and really never bothered me at all except when I was trying to get other people into Wilco) about YHF is they sound so friggin low key, which was mostly due to Jeff's migrane-induced whispering.

i was just curious as to why some are calling this a soft-rock or dad-rock record? to me most of YHF is just as mellow or more mellow than these songs.

Anyone saying that is too young to remember how cool America and Bread were. I'm still waiting for Wilco to cover If.

What's The High Heat? I've been away from Wilco for a long while.

the high heat is from the wilco book cd. basically just "outtakes" from the agib sessions (there may be a better way to describe it than outtakes). there are a couple or three memorable/listenable songs on it. the rest are the beginning of "conversations" that evolve into songs to be found on agib. pretty neat, but def. for fans only.

can be found at you friendly neighborhood bittorrent site.

the high heat is from the wilco book cd. basically just "outtakes" from the agib sessions (there may be a better way to describe it than outtakes). there are a couple or three memorable/listenable songs on it. the rest are the beginning of "conversations" that evolve into songs to be found on agib. pretty neat, but def. for fans only.

can be found at you friendly neighborhood bittorrent site.

Ah yes thanks. I've held that book in my hands a few times but couldn't choke the $30 to buy it. Was a time I bled Wilco but I kind of lost interest after YHF. By the time AGIB came out I had moved on. Something drew to me VC today and I'm glad I came, the new songs roped me back in to Wilco.

Anyone saying that is too young to remember how cool America and Bread were. I'm still waiting for Wilco to cover If.

haha, i am 20, but i do know and enjoy america and bread. to me the new songs are rocking. thats why im curious as to why some people are complaining because this will be a "mellow" record. as for dad-rock, i consider dad-rock a positive connotation.