3 songs off Sky Blue Sky available to listen to

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you're probably wearing bell-bottom jeans RIGHT NOW.

I don't have these. Can somebody PM these pants to me?

Argh. I've been biding my time at work all day, waiting to go home and download these. I still have to stop at the grocery store on the way home, so that will just prolong the delicious agony of it all. For fun, I've been scanning various blogs as responses to these songs start to roll in. Let the division begin! (who would have thought a pump-organ could be as divisive as 10 minutes of krautrock and/or feedbacky drone?) :lol

I'm pretty pumped for this record. The sound seems to match my mood lately (Wilco has been eerily good at that over the years), so a mellow, classic-sounding record sounds like about the best thing in the world to me right now. I can't wait.

Looks like tony margherita has an intern/admin playing whack-a-mole with the various blogs posting these songs.

anyhow, hypem.com is cool, but its results lag behind this:

http://blogsearch.google.com/

search on: wilco sky

sort by date

^^^ this is probably how the band's representatives are tracking things :mellow :ninja

you can set up an alert so anytime a new blog entry appears on the internets with wilco sky or sky blue sky or whatever search terms you want to use you'll get an email:

http://www.google.com/alerts?t=4&hl=en...ky&ie=UTF-8

For anyone who was doubting Jeff's lyrical abilities, I turn you to "You Are My Face". This is one of the strongest lyrical songs he's done in a long time.

Second that. "I trust no emotion, I believe in locomotion."

this is good stuff.

i have to say that i'm a little surprised the arrangement seems to be virtually the same as the live arrangement we've been hearing (either way/walken), although walken seems a little slower.

note that i said surprised and not disappointed. i guess i just expected a different arrangement to happen in the studio.

you are my face reminds me of good golden smog material. and i like it.

thanks be to the leaker of said songs. i can't help but wonder why/how these three specifically?

rock on with your bad selves (with a little help from some unreleased wilco).

Looks like tony margherita has an intern/admin playing whack-a-mole with the various blogs posting these songs.

anyhow, hypem.com is cool, but its results lag behind this:

http://blogsearch.google.com/

search on: wilco sky

sort by date

This made it easy. Thanks!

Listening to "Either Way" right now.

oh man! just got home from school, and i think i can safely say that I'll be listening to these all night! I had (and continue to have) the biggest smile on my face when You Are My Face gets into the funky groove part. man, all of these sound fantastic!

Guest tandylacker

I should also add that this is the first new Wilco music that I have enjoyed on first listen. Makes me wonder how many times I will listen to this CD. But either way. Oh, song title.

I should also add that this is the first new Wilco music that I have enjoyed on first listen. Makes me wonder how many times I will listen to this CD. But either way. Oh, song title.

Same here. Also, I hate the term "dad-rock". I'm 17 and I love Wilco. Shut up.

Me too right now!!

I love these goddamned songs.

I was definitely in the skeptical-until-proven-wrong crowd, but these three tracks make me feel a little better. No surprises, I think, with "Walken" or "Either Way," but they both sound very good here. And I'm loving everything about "You Are My Face." What strange, ethereal harmonies at the start and end.

Guest Speed Racer

Walken went from a cool shuffle (live) to an awkward studio limp. Well, the piano intro in the beginning is embarrasing, and the 'breakdown' toward the end replaced its neato drum fill with a not neat fill. Not horrible, it just lost its shuffle.

I am due to be a dad the day before the album is released. Guess that's why I like it so much. :dancing

Congrats on being a soon-to-be dad.

I'll take my Wilco in watered-down-shell-of-their-former-selves-form, please. Take it easy on the excitment.

I was being sincere with my comment to the dude about being a dad.

Nah man, it's just depressing to hear these songs. They aren't even close to being what they used to be, which was awesome. Now they're just not that awesome anymore. I hope I am proven wrong with the other songs, but nothing in these three songs demonstrates that Wilco are the greats that they used to be, at least in my mind.

It's funny how one person opinion can be so looked down upon. Isn't the internets about bitching about how much something does or does not suck?