Jeff Tweedy @ The Vic

It sounds GREAT by the way, big thanks for recording.

I'm normally just a person who listens to SBD's, however when it is a Tweedy solo show, you pretty much know that the recording will be nice because the crowd is typically polite and quiet, so everything sounds pretty much crystal clear. I'm only about 60% completed so far on this DL, but I can't wait to listen to it.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm normally just a person who listens to SBD's, however when it is a Tweedy solo show, you pretty much know that the recording will be nice because the crowd is typically polite and quiet, so everything sounds pretty much crystal clear. I'm only about 60% completed so far on this DL, but I can't wait to listen to it.

This is true. I just listened to parts of it for the first time, and the sound is terrific! It's about as good an audience recording as I can remember ever hearing. Of course, i may be a little biased due to the quality of the show itself, but i think it sounds great.

Thanks again, MKH.

Thanks so much, Warner! If anyone is making cover art for this show I suggest using Morgan's "facial gymnastics" photo of Jeff, so that those who weren't there have the visual to go along with Jeff's story. :lol

Oh yeah, i totally concur. That's got to be the shot! :yes That is one of the best(and funniest) concerts pictures I've ever seen up here.

That same picture is also my desktop background.

Thanks so much, Warner! If anyone is making cover art for this show I suggest using Morgan's "facial gymnastics" photo of Jeff, so that those who weren't there have the visual to go along with Jeff's story. :lol

just got back from a trip and haven't had a chance to take a listen, can't wait to relive the show all over again. :)

i started on a cover (for myself) before my travels and can share with others if folks are interested. i didn't use the facial gymmastics picture though. not sure the best way to get it out there if folks want it, though.

just got back from a trip and haven't had a chance to take a listen, can't wait to relive the show all over again. :)

i started on a cover (for myself) before my travels and can share with others if folks are interested. i didn't use the facial gymmastics picture though. not sure the best way to get it out there if folks want it, though.

isadorah, if you send the cover art to Rob at wilcobase.com, he'll put it up with the other cover art & everyone will be able to access it. And to Rob, for all he does for the Wilco fan community, :worship and :cheekkiss

I might also make cover art with that magnificent "facial gymnastics" photo, plus another of Morgan's great photos, if she is ok with me doing that. If I do, I'll offer that up at WilcoBase too. Morgan, of course I'd list you as the photo credit, you talented photog you. B)

Hey guys, i'm kinda lazy to download the whole show, as all i want to hear is You are my face. Could someone please post an mp3? Thanks a bunch.

I can if the taper doesn't mind...

Also. you know you can download just one track as well. depending on what torrent program you use if any. just unclick all the tracks you don't want when you first ad the torrent file to your client.

• 2 weeks later...

I played the FLAC files from my computer through my stereo and let me tell you, it was like being there all over again. My brother and I were clapping after each song!!! My brother is so sorry that he was not there. It was worth every penny and then some. I would have donated even more if Jeff played longer!!!

I have never heard such a clear recording as this one. I think I could hear myself clapping in the audience. I know I heard myself make a comment during a conversation time. I remembered every emotion as it was happening that night. WOW!!! :rock

If anyone is feeling "lazy" and doesn't want to download this for themselves, they are missing the boat!!!

I converted it to other music formats and it doesn't even come close to the clarity of the original. The harmonica moments are especially crisp when hearing the original. By the way, I used Winamp to play the FLAC files. It is free. www.winamp.com

I can't thank the recorder enough for bringing this amazing show home for me and letting me re-live the night!!! :music

Peace, Love and Tweety!!!

Larry

P.S. A quick hello to my AEPi brother Cliff Norris if he is reading this. He was with the Montessori group in front.

I played the FLAC files from my computer through my stereo and let me tell you, it was like being there all over again.

I converted it to other music formats and it doesn't even come close to the clarity of the original. The harmonica moments are especially crisp when hearing the original. By the way, I used Winamp to play the FLAC files. It is free. www.winamp.com

Post of the century.

I don't bother with shows I have not actually been at - but that is a nice statement.

It doesn't matter how you get there; just that you do.

BTW, I have listened to this a half dozen times and I am still laughing at the banter. The jokes are funnier now if anything.

• 3 weeks later...