Led Zeppelin reunion??

I usually hate 80s production, but for some reason really like Little by Little by Plant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brs_O9fXhBc

When the song is good, the production is less of an issue.  Big Log, Heaven Knows...those are good songs.  For some reason I've always thought that dudes who work at Guitar Center only listen to solo Plant  :stunned

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw that too, last year and I thought it was very good.  There is no other band playing Led Zeppelin music as well and as authentically as this one, IMO.  Jason is a very good drummer and he knows the music so thoroughly, even down to the different ways his dad played in different years.  The rest of the band is very competent and they play the music very well with a bit of theatrics thrown in. You probably have to have a tolerance for a cover band kind of thing, though, which I do.  Its on par with seeing Dark Star Orchestra, some Deadheads like me think its great because its so historical accurate and others find the cover band/ recreation band thing off putting.  I found it to be a heartfelt homage to Bonzo and a loving respectful tribute to the music of Zepp and a damn good time to rock out to the music of one of the top 5 rock bands of all time.  If you feel even a little bit jaded about Zepp music, you could probably find reasons to not like this show, though.

I saw that too, last year and I thought it was very good.  There is no other band playing Led Zeppelin music as well and as authentically as this one, IMO.  Jason is a very good drummer and he knows the music so thoroughly, even down to the different ways his dad played in different years.  The rest of the band is very competent and they play the music very well with a bit of theatrics thrown in. You probably have to have a tolerance for a cover band kind of thing, though, which I do.  Its on par with seeing Dark Star Orchestra, some Deadheads like me think its great because its so historical accurate and others find the cover band/ recreation band thing off putting.  I found it to be a heartfelt homage to Bonzo and a loving respectful tribute to the music of Zepp and a damn good time to rock out to the music of one of the top 5 rock bands of all time.  If you feel even a little bit jaded about Zepp music, you could probably find reasons to not like this show, though.

I wonder how they compare to Zoso?  They are supposed to be pretty good.  They do 3 night stands here all the time.  Last year they did I, II, III on consecutive nights.  Kind of cool.

Jason is good, but I think Dave Grohl would've been so great for the O2 gig.  Hard to believe that was almost 10 years ago.  The time for any reunions is going fast.  

• 6 months later...

Yeah, that's a fine argument, I guess. I haven't been following any of this -- I just know when I heard that Spirit tune - it was XM and I didn't realize it was the song in question - I automatically thought of Stairway to Heaven. The tune was already playing, when I turned the car on. The DJ mentioned it was the Spirit tune after it was over.

Never seen that before, either -- cool video.

I am not saying Spirit has a case - many songs sound like a lot of other songs. I am just surprised that it took so long for the Stairway case to be brought to court. Perhaps nobody really pressed the matter until recently.

Watching the ARMs boot tonight and it's a wonder that Page was able to write anything - man was he f'd up throughout this show.

That was a great video, TP. thx.

I've seen some photos of him from a few years earlier and he looks even worse. 

A Los Angeles jury deliberated for about five hours before deciding the band did not steal its most famous licks from another band.

The plaintiff failed to show that Plant and Page were familiar with "Taurus," and that the works were substantially similar.

A Los Angeles jury deliberated for about five hours before deciding the band did not steal its most famous licks from another band.

The plaintiff failed to show that Plant and Page were familiar with "Taurus," and that the works were substantially similar.

I am glad...not really for Zep becuase they prob. did lift it...but for music in general, getting to be a joke with these lawsuits and it will impact art in the future if every time a person has hit they are the target of some bullshit.

When Blurred Lines lost I thought it was a joke, allthough when I first heard the song I thought of Got To Give It Up.