Led Zeppelin reunion??

I am glad...not really for Zep becuase they prob. did lift it...but for music in general, getting to be a joke with these lawsuits and it will impact art in the future if every time a person has hit they are the target of some bullshit.

When Blurred Lines lost I thought it was a joke, allthough when I first heard the song I thought of Got To Give It Up. 

Yes, after viewing the Tinnitus post, it shows music has a lot of similarities and this case could have set a big precedent.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured this come out some day:

Led Zeppelin will release The Complete BBC Sessions, an updated version of the 1997 BBC Sessions, on September 16. The collection is taken from the band’s BBC radio appearances between 1969 and 1971.

The new version of the release will feature newly remastered audio and eight unreleased recordings from the sessions, including three taken from a “lost” 1969 recording. The collection will be available in a 3CD or 5LP version, along with a digital download version. The remastering of the tracks was overseen by Jimmy Page, who produced all of the legendary band’s studio albums.

In an interview with Guitar World, Page spoke about the sessions, saying, “The BBC Sessions show in graphic detail just how organic the group was. Led Zeppelin was a band that would change things around substantially each time it played. We were becoming tighter and tighter, to the point of telepathy.”

Yes, I too love their version of that song. I was hoping they would come with some better artwork this time around. I guess not.

Yeah, it'd be cool to see a psyched out Zep album cover a la III.

• 2 months later...

October 5th 1970

Still my favorite LZ album

Me to.  From the artwork to the final song.  Just a album of what rock could be integrating acoustic and electric.  It's so varied too, from blues to ballads.  Good stuff.  I think it tends to be forgotten given what came before and after.  But when you remember it...what a treat!

October 5th 1970

Still my favorite LZ album

That's an interesting choice. I personally like the first album better, but III might be their most influential record, when you consider what came after. Things like Battle Of Evermore, Going To California, Black Country Woman, and most importantly (to me) Rain Song seem to be direct descendants of III. They really get into "light and shade" here more than the first two records.

I think it has always been my favorite one. It could be partly due to the story behind the making of the album and the mysterious wheel artwork. I am glad to see (hear) that the squeaky bass drum pedal has been left intact on the newest remasters. 

Yea - they could have put Down By The Seaside or some other track on there instead. 

I hated that song too, but somehow got into it after living with the album for a while.  Tangerine and That's The Way are my favorites.

• 6 months later...

This could be true, but my guess it that its not.  It does come from a website that calls itself "useless info" and a writer who seems mostly interested in getting credit for being right.

I think it is an announcement about his upcoming new solo album. I could be wrong - of course. I think he has stated many times he does not want to do LZ again. Of course, these guys never seem to have enough millions - so maybe he will. 

This could be true, but my guess it that its not.  It does come from a website that calls itself "useless info" and a writer who seems mostly interested in getting credit for being right.

Trump's freelancing now?

i really doubt they would play. can you imagine how horrible Plant would sound, trying to sing the old songs?

Trump's freelancing now?

Ha ha ha, good one!

For me, the last chance for a quality Zepp reunion show/tour in the US was right after the 2007 gig in London.  That was pretty solid in performance and song selection, to me.  Its waaaayyyy too late to do it now, mostly because of Plant's aging vocal cords, as mentioned.

I saw both Page Plant tours in the mid 90s and that was my Zepp reunion show.  I really wish JPJ had not been snubbed, but Michael Lee was fucking phenomenal and probably better by a little bit than Jason Bonham.  I dig 'em both but Michael Lee was so good on the Unledded DVD performances and the shows I saw.  Hey Hey What Can I Do was one of the most hard rocking arena performances and audience participations I've seen by any band ever in an arena.

Michael Lee was so good   

Yeah, I remember really enjoying his playing.  I've only seen a few of the songs from that DVD, but I'm impressed by what I've seen.  I consider Jason Bonham adequate, but kind of generic and sort of plodding.

• 3 months later...

Listening to the recently release boot of 3/21/75 -- sounds pretty good. Haven't listened to a Zeppelin boot in while.

Guess Dime pulled the original seed - at the request of the uploader, due to bootleg company complaining that it was uploaded so soon--- a bootleg company  complaining about a torrent - that's rich.

They did decent job with the sound, though.

I have only bought one bootleg record and that was in about 1984 or so - I was 12 and spent $20 on Stones 81 show, which turned out to be a pretty crappy sounding audience recording - of course, I couldn't return it to the record store - due to the warning sticker of 'no returns'. I think may have cried for wasting my hard earned babysitting money on it. Still have the record.