Michael Vick indicted

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And remember, these are not local prosecuting jamokes that are elected, rather these are appointed prosecutors recruited from top tier law schools.

or at least traditionally that would be the case. with the gonzo justice dept, who knows?

still, i don't see this ending well for senior mexico or his cohorts (which is a good thing).

83 . In or about April 2007, PEACE, PHILLIPS, and VICK executed approximately 8

dogs that did not perform well in "testing" sessions at 1915 Moonlight Road by various methods,

including hanging, drowning, and slamming at least one dog's body to the ground.

this whole thing makes my stomach hurt. unfit for life, these assholes.

83 . In or about April 2007, PEACE, PHILLIPS, and VICK executed approximately 8

dogs that did not perform well in "testing" sessions at 1915 Moonlight Road by various methods,

including hanging, drowning, and slamming at least one dog's body to the ground.

if what is alleged is true (or even partially true), i hope that the Karma train catches up with him.

The more you hear about this abomination, the more repulsive it becomes.

I have to admit though, when cases like this become so ubiquitous I can't help but wonder why there is no similiar widespread outrage at institutionalized torture of animals perpetuated to feed us fast. What goes on on feedlots is much crueler and much less natural than a hunter shooting a deer. If you want to be outraged on a grand scale, or maybe at least see the irony of being outraged over several dozen dogs when thousands and thousands of feed animals are tortured daily in this country, do some research on feedlots.

When animals reach the slaughter facility the only concern is to kill as many in as short a period as possible. The animals are terrified at the slaughter plant and the cruelty inflected on the animal in their last moments on earth are indescribable. I believe if viewing of slaughter was required to eat meat, most folks would become vegetarians.

From the website http://www.vegsource.com/lyman/lyman_mcdonald.htm (i have not researched the claims of this particular site, but I don't think the claims made here are in any way a stretch.)

In what way are McDonald's responsible for torture and murder?

* THE menu at McDonald's is based on meat. They sell millions of burgers every day in 35 countries throughout the world. This means the constant slaughter, day by day, of animals born and bred solely to be turned into McDonald's products.

Some of them - especially chickens and pigs - spend their lives in the entirely artificial conditions of huge factory farms, with no access to air or sunshine and no freedom of movement. Their deaths are bloody and barbaric.

MURDERING A BIG MAC

* In the slaughterhouse, animals often struggle to escape. Cattle become frantic as they watch the animal before them in the killing-line being prodded, beaten, electrocuted, and knifed.

Sounds a lot like what people are so outraged (rightfully so) at Vick and his fellow thugs doing to dogs. Is it okay to treat cows this way because they are not man's best friend?

The more you hear about this abomination, the more repulsive it becomes.

I have to admit though, when cases like this become so ubiquitous I can't help but wonder why there is no similiar widespread outrage at institutionalized torture of animals perpetuated to feed us fast. What goes on on feedlots is much crueler and much less natural than a hunter shooting a deer. If you want to be outraged on a grand scale, or maybe at least see the irony of being outraged over several dozen dogs when thousands and thousands of feed animals are tortured daily in this country, do some research on feedlots.

When animals reach the slaughter facility the only concern is to kill as many in as short a period as possible. The animals are terrified at the slaughter plant and the cruelty inflected on the animal in their last moments on earth are indescribable. I believe if viewing of slaughter was required to eat meat, most folks would become vegetarians.

From the website http://www.vegsource.com/lyman/lyman_mcdonald.htm (i have not researched the claims of this particular site, but I don't think the claims made here are in any way a stretch.)

In what way are McDonald's responsible for torture and murder?

* THE menu at McDonald's is based on meat. They sell millions of burgers every day in 35 countries throughout the world. This means the constant slaughter, day by day, of animals born and bred solely to be turned into McDonald's products.

Some of them - especially chickens and pigs - spend their lives in the entirely artificial conditions of huge factory farms, with no access to air or sunshine and no freedom of movement. Their deaths are bloody and barbaric.

MURDERING A BIG MAC

* In the slaughterhouse, animals often struggle to escape. Cattle become frantic as they watch the animal before them in the killing-line being prodded, beaten, electrocuted, and knifed.

Sounds a lot like what people are so outraged (rightfully so) at Vick and his fellow thugs doing to dogs. Is it okay to treat cows this way because they are not man's best friend?

Ok? And?

We are going to eat meat regardless. It is expensive and it takes a long time to kill the animals we eat humanely. In a capitalist society such as ours, it is no feasible to kill the animals humanely.

There is a huge difference between making two dogs fight to the death or until they become so injured that you cannot justify keeping them alive and kill them by electrocution and cutting a chicken's head off so they can make delicious Chicken McNuggets.

I have no doubt their claims are true. I just don't care.

Ok? And?

We are going to eat meat regardless. It is expensive and it takes a long time to kill the animals we eat humanely. In a capitalist society such as ours, it is no feasible to kill the animals humanely.

There is a huge difference between making two dogs fight to the death or until they become so injured that you cannot justify keeping them alive and kill them by electrocution and cutting a chicken's head off so they can make delicious Chicken McNuggets.

I have no doubt their claims are true. I just don't care.

Yeah, I guess my comparison makes me illogical. I mean, hey, we are gonna eat meat anyway, if a little inhumane treatment makes that tasty steak cheaper, so what, it's just a dumb cow anyway. Hey, I am no angel here, I have eaten my fair share. But don't pretend like it is okay cause "we have got to have it." And call me stupid if you want, but I am not talking about farmer John cutting a chickens head off to make Sunday dinner. I am talking about entire animal lives spent in horrid and inhumane conditions so we can have cheap meat, because hey, its convenient.

Perhaps my logic is flawed. I am not advocating the torture or mistreatment of any animals, it just continues to baffle me when I hear the outrage over animal cruelty in the suburbs and the deafening silence over the horrid conditions our food supply is subjected to.

Perhaps my logic is flawed.

I don't think your logic is flawed. Animals we eat are tortured. No doubt about it. But it's easier for people to rationalize killing (or torturing) for food as opposed to sport. Plus, people like dogs more than cows. It sucks, but it's true. I don't have the discipline to be a vegetarian, but I also don't delude myself into thinking that the piece of meat on my plate conveniently fell out of the sky. I also know that if I ever had to watch how that piece of meat got to my plate -- birth to cage to slaughterhouse to truck to store -- that I would probably never eat meat again. But for now, I still love a tasty ribeye too much.

the defenses of vick are almost as disgusting as he is. there was an article posted on the nation's website basically saying that the whole thing is about racism (the main support for the claim was that on an AOL sports message board, there were comments made to lynch vick as well as calling him racial epithets). i wish the NFL would take SOME action pending the outcome of the trial. given the severity of the indictment, an unpaid suspension pending outcome would be entirely justified. the falcons posted a letter to their site saying they didn't know what they're going to do.

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/News/Article...lankletter.ashx

Vick ordered to skip camp.

Goodell orders Vick to skip Falcons camp

Jay Glazer

The first of what could be a handful of actions taken against Michael Vick by the commissioner's office has been decided.

FOXSports.com has learned that commissioner Roger Goodell has ordered the Atlanta Falcons quarterback not to attend the team's training camp as his first step in determining Vick's future in the league. That would give the league office more time to assess the facts and judge additional facts that may come to light in the next month.

This is just the first part of what could be an extensive punishment for Vick's alleged involvement in a gruesome dogfighting operation.

Vick and three others were charged with competitive dogfighting, procuring and training pit bulls for fighting and conducting the enterprise across state lines.

The operation was named "Bad Newz Kennels," according to a federal indictment, and the dogs were housed, trained and fought at a property owned by Vick in Surry County, Va.

The 18-page indictment, filed in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, alleges the 27-year-old Vick and his co-defendants began the dogfighting operation in early 2001, the former Virginia Tech star's rookie year with the Falcons.

The indictment states that dogs fought to the death

We Did It! Nike Drops Vick

Dear Friend,

I wanted you to be one of the first to know: Nike announced today that it has suspended Michael Vick's contract without pay and will stop selling all Vick-related products at its stores.

This is a big victory, one that simply would not have happened without your action and those of more than 165,000 others.

As you know, the allegations against Michael Vick are so serious and disturbing that The Humane Society of the United called on his corporate backers to end their commercial relationships with the star player. I

• 3 weeks later...
I'll bet he gets more than 18 months. Maybe way more. And rightly so.

I hope so. I wish he hadn't taken the deal (whatever it is). He was smart to take the deal, though. If he hadn't, there were racketeering charges waiting for him.

Boy oh boy, this man is going down in a hurry. And there is no way that ANY team will sign him when he's out of prison. I kinda get the sense that the brothers Vick have an "anything you can do, I can do better" outlook on how to fuck-up their lives.

And is anyone loving how ESPN turned into a cable news network today at 3pm EDT? Or is it just me that finds that funny.

from ESPN.com

About a dozen bright red Vick jerseys have been donated -- often accompanied by financial contributions -- to the Atlanta Humane Society since he was indicted last month. The shelter uses them for dog blankets, and to clean up after the animals.