Hot Stove League '07-'08

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just curious of how they are going to prove he lied?

According to WFAN, they've got positive tests and have been sitting on them for years. Apparently he is going to jail. Again, according to WFAN.

EDIT: to clear that up - they aren't "reporting" it, but they are interviewing someone who said this.

According to WFAN, they've got positive tests and have been sitting on them for years. Apparently he is going to jail. Again, according to WFAN.

EDIT: to clear that up - they aren't "reporting" it, but they are interviewing someone who said this.

I am slightly skeptical that they've had positive tests for years and nobody has found out about anything. With how easy it is for any information to slip through, I doubt they've kept it hidden.

But I hate baseball, so what do I know.

I am slightly skeptical that they've had positive tests for years and nobody has found out about anything. With how easy it is for any information to slip through, I doubt they've kept it hidden.

But I hate baseball, so what do I know.

I didnt catch who the guy was, but his point was that they waited that long so that they could be 100% certain that they had him dead red. We will find out.

--and now WFAN is actually reporting that there is evidence of positive tests.

Sorry bobbob. I know how much this hurts you.

I didnt catch who the guy was, but his point was that they waited that long so that they could be 100% certain that they had him dead red. We will find out.

--and now WFAN is actually reporting that there is evidence of positive tests.

Sorry bobbob. I know how much this hurts you.

I'm not surprised, to be honest. Actually, to be honest, I don't care if he took steroids.

Nah, I dont buy it. The Yanks are trying to get the Sox to go to 4 yrs. And it's gonna work.

I really doubt that BOS takes on Lowell for 4 years.

Per the Bond's thing: It would have been nice to have the charges filed last spring, but better late than never I suppose. I hope this ends in putting to bed the apologists. I realize some people simply don't care whether he used/lied about using/etc. but hopefully this will serve as affirmation that it does matter.

Smoking Gun has the documents, if anyone cares:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years...5072bonds1.html

Nice...Barry Bonds goes to jail for steroid abuse and perjury.

Guess he should have killed a blonde white woman (worked for Phil and O.J.)

Nice...Barry Bonds goes to jail for steroid abuse and perjury.

Actually just the perjury part. Apparently he had immunity when testifying as long as he was telling the truth. Can't lie to a grand jury, I guess.

WHatever, he's been guilty in everyone's minds for the last half decade anyways.

Couldn't disagree more. How many HOF voters on the fence swing to "no" if Bonds is convicted here? He at least had a shot when there was still a shadow of a doubt. People could say that he was innocent until proven otherwise.

Per the Bond's thing: It would have been nice to have the charges filed last spring, but better late than never I suppose. I hope this ends in putting to bed the apologists. I realize some people simply don't care whether he used/lied about using/etc. but hopefully this will serve as affirmation that it does matter.

Smoking Gun has the documents, if anyone cares:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years...5072bonds1.html

It doesn't even matter if he is convicted in a court of law. He has been convicted by the media and public opinion.

Couldn't disagree more. How many HOF voters on the fence swing to "no" if Bonds is convicted here? He at least had a shot when there was still a shadow of a doubt. People could say that he was innocent until proven otherwise.

I think he deserves to be in the HOF for his pre-steroids play alone.

However, if they put him in the Hall now, they also need to put Rose in. I'm not sure you can give Bonds a pass without finally reinstating Rose.

It doesn't even matter if he is convicted in a court of law. He has been convicted by the media and public opinion.

I tend to think it's more than public "opinion" when a book with direct quotes, ledgers, etc. all point to the fact that he was using illegal substances. When questioned and given a chance to rebut the claims, he lied. He even lied to a grand jury, apparently. If he was convicted by the media and public opinion it looks as though it was just conviction.

From what I gather the federal government doesn't indict someone without foolproof evidence. I guess I don't understand the desire (not necessarily you, Porkchop) to continuously back someone so full of shit that the federal government takes a stand against them.

About the only name I am more sick of hearing besides A-Rod is Barry Bonds. I was praying that nobody would pick him up and he would fade away.

Well, it may damage his free agency value just a little if he's facing jail time. Besides that....

So the guy who caught Barry's last homerun ball...

I imagine he just made a fortune if this indictment causes Bonds to not play again.

But will him being a convicted steroid user affect the price of said ball?