Hot Stove League '07-'08

well, good luck to him. what a weird situation. in Boston you have the team posting on blogs and websites about how the red sox have to keep mike lowell--did any of A-rod's team mates do that? I just hope that him going back to NY means that the red sox can concentrate on keeping Lowell.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WFAN is reporting 10 years/$275 million. I don't know where they are getting the numbers from.

Which wouldn't be a pay cut but is substantially less than he/Boras thought he could get after opting out.

(Paraphrased) statement from the Chief Operating Officer of the Yanks just read on WFAN: "Talks are ongoing as we speak. Nothing definitive to report at this moment. We are hopeful."

When asked if Boras is involved -- response: "No Comment."

Wow.

i have a very very very hard time believing that even the Boras "slight" isn't completely scripted. It makes no sense, but i just don't believe that Boras would at any time maneuver himself into a situation like this.

That's the rub right there. It doesn't add up.

Lowell is still on the Yankees' radar

Lowell at first? In the Bronx? What are the odds?

Could happen, except that Lowell has never played first base before and has stated he doesn't want to play first base. Lowell's looking for a 4-yr. contract at around $14 mm. per. I don't think the Sox want to do that so if he doesn't get re-signed by BOS I could see any of the other three teams showing overt interest to be more of a reasonable place for him to land than NY.

The Sox are being smart in not offering the 4th year. I'd be surprised if he's worth the contract by the 2nd year.

This is what's been boggling me about all this. Next year ain't coming nowhere close to this year, no matter where he is.